Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943864 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: I Have no legs and I must Hike.
« Reply #6150 on: August 03, 2012, 02:44:01 pm »

Keep walking, making sure to film the few pits we do find.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6151 on: August 03, 2012, 02:55:31 pm »

Be pony.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6152 on: August 03, 2012, 04:05:50 pm »

Nearly there, let's just get there and be done with this area until our return trip, unless anyone else want to do some science.

Check on the repair status, then get to the Tower, being careful not to aggravate the repair if it isn't fully hardened.
[med:6-1]
Your leg looks pretty good, not a perfect reconnection but it looks like it will hold as long as you don't go jumping off somewhere high or sprinting for an hour.

Assuming that I've been freed in the meantime, keep walking.
Nope, still being carried. Someone either needs to cut you free or you need to break free. And breaking free isn't easy.

Travis observes why the path was getting thinner. Were there less lights? Were the lights dimmer? Was light becoming more finite as we got closer to the citadel?

Afterwards, he continues to follow along.

It looks like there are just less lights out here. The brothers probably got tired of stringing lights out in such a wide swath.

Keep walking, making sure to film the few pits we do find.
You film the few pretty much completely uninteresting pits you pass after getting the camera back from Travis.

Be pony.
You're too busy being a penguin.

The path continues on for another mile or two, shrinking down to only a few feet wide in places, before it suddenly widens out to over a 100 meters wide and maybe twice as high. In that bubble of light, suspended like a castle in a snowglobe, is the Tower. The Tower itself resembles a simple cylinder rising far into the sky, coated randomly with rope light and lanterns. Large chunks have fallen from the walls and revealed the inner rooms and structure; heavy pillars running up the length of the tower and jutting out from it's shattered zenith like the broken roots of a rotten tooth. The base of the structure seems to be made up of even more damage layers that creep a few dozen feet up before ending abruptly, as though the tower was much thicker at one point and has since been stripped to its core. Beyond these layers squat concentric circles of thick walls with large spaces between them. These spaces are littered with monoliths, the surfaces of which are strangely pitted and shaped, covered in concave and convex shapes in a manner that seems completely random. Everything seems to be made of the same white sandstone as is found under the layer of sand.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6153 on: August 03, 2012, 04:15:05 pm »

Head to the tower, examine the surroundings to make sure there is nothing wrong.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6154 on: August 03, 2012, 04:23:21 pm »

"You know we would probably be faster if you'd just free me? It's not like I'm running around punching or probing pits, after all."

Ponder the absurd coincidences between my forays into the VR and this mission. Twice into darkness, once cocooned, once cut off part of me feet...
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6155 on: August 03, 2012, 04:44:16 pm »

((Tower is going to end up destroyed. Just going to call it now.  :P

Also is "rope light" a typo or is there rope that illuminates?  :o))

"We should have a small team explore the tower and have the rest tend to the wounded, examine the area, and set up camp. Any volunteers?"
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6156 on: August 03, 2012, 04:51:56 pm »

((I suppose it could be something like Christmas lights, a chain of lights, or something. As for the Tower... well, I won't bet for its survival at least.))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6157 on: August 03, 2012, 04:58:37 pm »

"Yeah, loner. Set up camp while Faith 'tends' to the wounded, at the very least that way I hope she won't do anything to compromise us. I'll be back after checking the area."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6158 on: August 03, 2012, 05:05:27 pm »

Free Chin from his cocoon. Follow others. During the approach, look for signs of intelligent life, like writing. Once inside, continue checking.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 05:20:17 pm by Spinal_Taper »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6159 on: August 03, 2012, 05:12:07 pm »

"He didn't say anything about this part being dangerous, other than Lighteater. We should be fine."

Also free Chin from his cocoon.

When that's done, or if it's already been done, begin filming the approach to the tower, including filming a fair portion of the outermost wall's exterior. Check if there's gaps in the walls or if we'll need to climb.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 05:13:48 pm by IronyOwl »
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6160 on: August 03, 2012, 05:43:49 pm »

Head to the tower, examine the surroundings to make sure there is nothing wrong.
You walk into what you would consider the inner courtyard, the space between the tower and it's outer levels and the inner wall, and take a look for something wrong.

Well, you're standing in the middle of a pitch black landscape full of living razorblades where light is limited and the air is just thin enough to kill you slowly. Yeah, that all seems pretty wrong. Other then that, nothing looks particularly "wrong" with the tower, other then the fact that it's in poor repair and a terrible location, real estate wise.

"You know we would probably be faster if you'd just free me? It's not like I'm running around punching or probing pits, after all."

Ponder the absurd coincidences between my forays into the VR and this mission. Twice into darkness, once cocooned, once cut off part of me feet...
(As it was with Nik and Nick, The VR is actually rather eerily good about predicting your future.)

If you remember right, you ended up getting eaten in the VR as well. Hmmm.

((Tower is going to end up destroyed. Just going to call it now.  :P

Also is "rope light" a typo or is there rope that illuminates?  :o))

"We should have a small team explore the tower and have the rest tend to the wounded, examine the area, and set up camp. Any volunteers?"

Not a typo.

Free Chin from his cocoon.
Now, how do you want to free him specifically? The exact method you want to use, before a bad roll ends up making things worse out of vagueness. Actually wait, looks like Faith is here to "practice medicine" again. 

"He didn't say anything about this part being dangerous, other than Lighteater. We should be fine."

Also free Chin from his cocoon.

When that's done, or if it's already been done, begin filming the approach to the tower, including filming a fair portion of the outermost wall's exterior. Check if there's gaps in the walls or if we'll need to climb.

[med:6+1]
You proceed tear the bandages off Chin willy nilly, damaging some of his actual useful bandages in the process. He starts bleeding mildly and his suit doesn't hold air anymore.

Uh.

You film as the group approaches the tower, taking care to get a good amount of footage of the outer wall's exterior. The outer wall appears pitted and damaged, as though smashed or struck all over by something unknown. The walls are damaged enough that you can simply walk through them; it's not a straight march, but the most climbing you do is over a few foot tall stones.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6161 on: August 03, 2012, 05:59:31 pm »

Climb into the tower, look around for living things, writing, or any other signs of intelligent life.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6162 on: August 03, 2012, 06:02:15 pm »

"I'll keep searching this place with albino lover."

Milno keeps searching the [whole] tower to make sure nothing is wrong, watching his step.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 01:19:06 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6163 on: August 03, 2012, 06:14:19 pm »

((The cure for medicine is more medicine!))

Try to patch up both Chin and his suit. Again.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6164 on: August 03, 2012, 09:19:55 pm »

"We should set up in the inner courtyard. It will offer some protection from the elements, while at the same time we're not at risk in getting crushed. Inform us if you see anything resembling a camp, Milno. They might already have something set up for us"

Travis heads for the inner courtyard if he wasn't there already

"Drag the wounded into a safe corner. Faith, try to not kill them, k? Their injuries are your fault after all. I'm going to examine the innermost wall. Perhaps we can climb to the top of it and establish a sentry for the night"

Travis examines the innermost wall in more detail. He takes the camera and records anything of interest. He checks to see how wide the walls are, if they have a flat top, and if there's a walk way to the top. He also checks his inventory if he has a spare rope.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 09:26:30 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.
Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 1256