Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3937723 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 5: Never met a civilian we didn't kill
« Reply #5190 on: July 15, 2012, 07:00:19 pm »

((@GM: Can Milno see Nicholas spazzing on the ground?

Also, damn those intuition rolls.))

"There is a group of civilians heading south. I think they'll commit suicide by laser fence."
After warning both teams about the civilians, Milno keeps flying erratically, narrowing his eyes in suspicion.

Keep flying, turn on the motion sensor (if it proves more problem than it is worth, turn it off again) and try to find anything outside and around the house that can be controlled by the killer, be it a dog, bird or human.

Think about where the attack towards Mesk may be coming from and eye the fleeing civilians once more. Is there something chasing them or any crazed person in their midst?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 07:11:28 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5191 on: July 15, 2012, 08:25:38 pm »

"Wsup, ro-bro?  What's the current plan, dawg?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5192 on: July 15, 2012, 09:02:13 pm »

Maurice to all points, it seems that the killer's established a link to Kyle. Kyle's resisting it, but I'm unsure for how long. I'll be taking his weaponry for the moment.

Steve, is it possible for you to say... lock the joints of these suits to immobilize the person inside without harming them?

Maurice: Relieve Kyle of the microwave manipulator and taser glove if possible. Then drag his body out the back door and into a completely different house, hopefully outside of the killer's vision.

Kyle: Lay as still as possible and let Maurice help.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5193 on: July 15, 2012, 09:57:34 pm »

(Sorry for not saying anything yesterday, but I've been busy and probably will be until tomorrow night. Caellath, can I trust you to run Jim and let me know what happens?)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5194 on: July 15, 2012, 09:59:29 pm »

(Sorry for not saying anything yesterday, but I've been busy and probably will be until tomorrow night. Caellath, can I trust you to run Jim and let me know what happens?)
((Sure, leaving an action for tonight?))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5195 on: July 15, 2012, 10:01:14 pm »

(I don't really have time to catch up on the thread. >.< Sorry.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5196 on: July 15, 2012, 10:06:00 pm »

Jim's action: Try to think about where the killer is or how he is managing to attempt to control Mesk.
>Yes?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #5197 on: July 15, 2012, 11:54:16 pm »

"Jim, you wanna help me make a back door?"
Try whatever mental techniques I know to block out interference as I use a combination of cutting torch and monatomic razor to make a back door.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5198 on: July 16, 2012, 12:12:44 pm »

Steve, these numbers are a kind of coordinate in a cartographic system. Please tell me what system it is and where it leads to, if you can. Also, can you translate the coordinates to the old cartesian system? Thanks.

Renen asks this to Steve in a private channel.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5199 on: July 16, 2012, 12:20:37 pm »

House 26!
You walk to house 26. Door. Locked. Fuck.

((@GM: Can Milno see Nicholas spazzing on the ground?

Also, damn those intuition rolls.))

"There is a group of civilians heading south. I think they'll commit suicide by laser fence."
After warning both teams about the civilians, Milno keeps flying erratically, narrowing his eyes in suspicion.

Keep flying, turn on the motion sensor (if it proves more problem than it is worth, turn it off again) and try to find anything outside and around the house that can be controlled by the killer, be it a dog, bird or human.

Think about where the attack towards Mesk may be coming from and eye the fleeing civilians once more. Is there something chasing them or any crazed person in their midst?

(you can, yeah.)

The people in the field don't look like they have anyone obviously crazy in their midst, at least as far as you can tell. And the only thing they seem to be running from is the burning neighborhood full of homicidal spacemen. Fair enough.

You take a look around for any sort of small animal or the dogs or anything that the killer could be controlling. You notice that there are small animals around. In fact, there are lots of them; small flying rodent looking things in the trees and along the tops of houses. They're practically ubiquitous as pigeons around here, so much so you didn't even notice them till you started looking. Oh dear.

Maurice to all points, it seems that the killer's established a link to Kyle. Kyle's resisting it, but I'm unsure for how long. I'll be taking his weaponry for the moment.

Steve, is it possible for you to say... lock the joints of these suits to immobilize the person inside without harming them?

Maurice: Relieve Kyle of the microwave manipulator and taser glove if possible. Then drag his body out the back door and into a completely different house, hopefully outside of the killer's vision.

Kyle: Lay as still as possible and let Maurice help.
>Not unless they've got a MK III.

Kyle's twitching comes to a sudden stop and he lays still. You approach him cautiously.

"Kyle? You ok, buddy?"

Kyle answers by suddenly rolling to his feet and sprinting away from you and out the front door, toward the central intersection. As he goes you can see him open the cover of his manipulator. Oh, thats not good.

Jim's action: Try to think about where the killer is or how he is managing to attempt to control Mesk.
[int:5] Well, chances are that he saw Mesk enter the building somehow, and that he knew the inside of the building, so he guessed where Mesk was. That means he must have eyes on at least the front door.

"Jim, you wanna help me make a back door?"
Try whatever mental techniques I know to block out interference as I use a combination of cutting torch and monatomic razor to make a back door.
[Aux:3+1] You cut a hole just large enough for you to crawl through out of the wall. It's still stuck in, so you try to kick it out. [str:1] You kick it with your broken foot. [end:4] OW! You hop up and down, holding your foot for several seconds.

Steve, these numbers are a kind of coordinate in a cartographic system. Please tell me what system it is and where it leads to, if you can. Also, can you translate the coordinates to the old Cartesian system? Thanks.

Renen asks this to Steve in a private channel.

>Thats the problem, there are hundreds of systems of measurement that this could be for. These coordinates could vary massively depending on what system he was using, if they have any meaning whatsoever; it could be for a planet, a star system, a galactic map or anything in between on several dozen different systems of measurement. You humans have never been good about establishing a single standard.

Regardless, you should remember what this guy is good at; what he was trained to do. He could be feeding you nonsense to keep you distracted.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

Run through the wall.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5201 on: July 16, 2012, 12:39:21 pm »

This isn't good. Steve, can you apply non-lethal electric shocks to keep Kyle incapacitated? The killer's got control of him.

((What weaponry does Maurice have? I've forgotten.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5202 on: July 16, 2012, 12:47:19 pm »

((What weaponry does Maurice have? I've forgotten.))
((Maurice got...The Instrument. He is always carrying it on his hand and waving it around, like a pervert.

The Instrument being a knife. A good one, at least.))
>Yes?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

"I hate this place so much.  Jim, I made a back door, but it might be too small for you."
Push out the new back door and leave.  Head to the next house out of sight of the other side of this house.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

"Bros, let's flush this asshole out and burn it all."

Start fires in every building.  Use shocks, burning pieces from other houses, whatever- burn it all.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 1256