Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3941449 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 4: Hard landings
« Reply #4050 on: June 21, 2012, 07:39:49 pm »

"Uhh... Well, we kind of created a miniature star. In the crash, Nick lost his hand, May began reverting back to Elisaz randomly as well as being cut open, I lost a hand, and Nik was cut in half. So yeah. We're not alright."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4051 on: June 21, 2012, 07:41:36 pm »

Action for Empyrean: Help Thomas subdue the man, get away from the place the miniature star is growing.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4052 on: June 21, 2012, 07:45:02 pm »

Faith's expression turned to one of horror inside her helmet.

"What... what happened? What are you doing now? Is, I mean, we can come help once we're done here, if we ever get done here, but we're stuck on the first floor so far."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4053 on: June 21, 2012, 07:47:22 pm »

"Well, we all got hurt because the AA-induced shuttle crash didn't go well. Also, I believe the whole expanding miniature star issue will resolve itself before you get here. Just make sure that if the dam collapses, you get out of there."

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4054 on: June 21, 2012, 07:47:38 pm »

I lost my arm, not my hand, but that's not important, although it makes me glad I didn't wait to be mangled to convert my limbs.

What's important is my Microwave Field Manipulator decided to bug out on me, and now it's doing something, and it resembles fusion. It might be, I don't know, I'm no theoretical physicist. The point is, my other hand is ruined, it's started on my arm, and once I get away, there's no telling what it might do. But it's very close to the outer layer of the dam, so I'm warning ya'll now. I'm just glad it's not in the dam, because then the dam failing would be all but guaranteed.

There is an upside, though: If the dam fails, the high-pressure water will do nicely to destroy the AAA towers, and as well, part of your mission site will no longer be underwater, which is a good thing.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 07:51:37 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4055 on: June 21, 2012, 07:52:29 pm »

((I find it funny how Nekarios always blames the MFM, even though he is the one bugging it. :P))

Milno shrugs.
"Whatever. If it gets too dangerous we just need a heads-up from Steve and we'll try the reserve plan to retrieve the box."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4056 on: June 21, 2012, 07:53:59 pm »

"Which would be?"

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 4: Oh shi-
« Reply #4057 on: June 21, 2012, 08:11:50 pm »

((I suppose I misread. I thought the destruction of the dam would cause the destruction of 3 nearby cities, not because of the bombardment

Also, shuttle 2 wasn't loss. I was thinking about why the rebels would have laser weapons, and be able to see in pitch darkness. It is possible these underwater 'rebels' are actually your teammates. Just a thought.))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4058 on: June 21, 2012, 08:13:53 pm »

((I suppose I misread. I thought the destruction of the dam would cause the destruction of 3 nearby cities, not because of the bombardment

Also, shuttle 2 wasn't loss. I was thinking about why the rebels would have laser weapons, and be able to see in pitch darkness. It is possible these underwater 'rebels' are actually your teammates. Just a thought.))
((Nobody else is on the same mission as us, and they would not be nearly this clever.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4059 on: June 21, 2012, 08:14:45 pm »

((Nobody else is on the same mission as us, and they would not be nearly this clever.))
((Also, the rebels could just take gear from our dead troops.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4060 on: June 21, 2012, 08:19:30 pm »

((@Orb: I don't remember if anyone aside from our two shuttles was able to deliver its cargo of unfortunate souls, but even if those men underwater happen to be from the HMRC, they may as well be killed as the dogs we all are, because they are in the way. I still think those are rebels, though.))
>Yes?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4061 on: June 21, 2012, 09:20:04 pm »

((Oh you poor bastard... You've got to stop messing with that thing so badly. Remember, it's not that you can't do what you want with it, it's that the calculations in order to do what you want keep getting harder and harder the more powerful/bigger area of effect you are trying to create. You are trying to make almost a square kilometer 600 degrees hotter from quite a distance from you, so you've got to expect bad shit to happen when you can't even make the calculations properly.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4062 on: June 21, 2012, 09:27:04 pm »

May observes the bright,  glowing ball of death.
"Oooohhh. Prettyyyy."

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4063 on: June 21, 2012, 09:33:22 pm »

((@GM: Thanks for the explanation and sorry for the unfortunate nagging.))

"Steve, do you have anything, like a manual or set of instructions, to teach someone with almost no medical skills how to put a dislocated shoulder back in place?"
Retroactively ask Steve this question. If Steve does send a manual, attempt to fix the shoulder.

If not, check the walls with the rod and determine if the "cutting lines" are actually being maneuvered from inside the rooms.

((Since I should have included that in my actions aside from writing it down as dialog and forgot it somehow. My bad.

@PyroDesu: Gooooood luck, and I hope you have not just compromised the mission. Just hope the GM is kind enough that this turns out to our benefit. And incidentally...Yeah, you get the overall idea.))
Steve sends you a manual called "Relocating shoulders for the mentally deficient." [med:1+1] You kinda poke and shove on your arm, to no effect. Luckily the suit has you so full of pain killers you can't feel a thing.

Run. Run up the side of the dam as fast as I possibly can.

Guys, I don't know what level of the dam you're on, but if you're anywhere near the halfway point, run. Run like you've never ran before.

One of the field manipulators I had just decided to become a star. I just hope this does not compromise the dam, or, at least, only compromises it so much, leaving the upper area mostly intact.

((Every. Time.

Every Time I try to do something moderately useful with a MFM, I make things disappear, and not the things I intend.))
[Dex:3]
You sprint up the side of the dam, the glowing ball hanging in place and continuing to grow behind you. It's growing faster now, exponentially so, and expanding into the dam, melting through like a white hot knife through liquid butter. You keep running as the glow chases you, the world becoming nothing but a fading sky engulfed in a tunnel of white light. And then the ground beneath you is gone, melted away beneath your feet. You fall back, eyes locked on that shrinking sky as the outer layers of the expanding sphere enshroud you. Your suit's alarms scream as it tries to vent heat, tries to keep itself intact. Your mechanical limbs glow briefly and then melt away, drifting like quick silver in zero-g around you.  You close your eyes as world around you becomes nothing but white.

(You are dead)

((Well, "melt everything in an area 600 feet across" was awfully ambitious. It's a weapon, not a death weapon.))

Activate kinetic amplifier. Keep watch on doorway behind us, ready to pounce if something tries to come up behind us.
You activate the kinetic amp and spin to face the doorway behind you, ready to totally beat the shit out of anything that comes out of it.

"Oh... God."
Thomas spun on his feet and began to sprint up the stairs. He switched on the speakers and gestured for the man to come with him.
"Run away now."
He switched to team radio.
"Thanks May. Yeah, now could you give me a constant stream of info on Nicks little ball of energy? I don't want me, Empryean and our hostage to be vaporized. Nik, is there any way you could throw it, or something?"
When he got to the outer door, he tried to escape without being seen. Make sure that the man can't scream at his friends.
You gesture quickly for the man to follow you before sprinting up the stairs. The entire dam seems to be shivering and groaning, a low cracking noise echoing through the whole structure. You make it to the top and find yourself in a bank of steam. You sprint over to the water side of the dam and look down. The star, or whatever it is, has melted all the way through the dam and is poking out the back, vaporizing untold thousands of gallons of water a second. The entire structure shivers and then rocks violently, cracks as big as your arm slicing through the supercrete all around you. This is not good.

Action for Empyrean: Help Thomas subdue the man, get away from the place the miniature star is growing.
You follow Thomas up the stairs and similarly find yourself trapped in a fog bank a top a failing dam that's straddling a miniature star.

May observes the bright,  glowing ball of death.
"Oooohhh. Prettyyyy."

The ball continues to grow and grow, melting into the side of the dam as though it wasn't there. Streamers of light are splitting off and tearing great molten swaths across the dam and the canyon floor alike. The dam shivers and groans and the center begins to crumble and bow outward under the force of the water behind it and the blazing orb within.

>Everyone on Team A
You feel the building tremble and lean slightly to one side, a slight current of water developing in the all, pulling in the same direction.

>Attention Team A. Team B has had a slight woopsie and may have created a short lived star like object that is, as we speak, melting the dam and releasing all the water in that lake. So in...oh...5 minutes or so that building your in along with all the water in the 52 mile long canyon lake are gonna be roaring down stream in a several hundred foot wall. As such, I humbly suggest that you smash a window, bug out, and swim to shore; you can get the target after the water drains. Oh and I'm pretty sure that sun thing is gonna explode here in a little bit so you may want to duck.

>Attention Team B. That dam is gonna collapse so I recommend you get the off of it. Preferably to the side.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4064 on: June 21, 2012, 09:37:21 pm »

(( FUCK. ))
"Uh oh."

Get away from the Dam. NOW.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 1256