Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944049 times)

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 4: Hard landings
« Reply #3930 on: June 19, 2012, 08:51:51 pm »

Faith helps you hobble over to Milno, who is staring out the door very intensely. You tap him on the shoulder and ask for your gun back. He hands it back to you but other then that doesn't even acknowledge your presence. He seems very focused.

Lukas holds the projector firmly in his hands and tries to remember what exactly happened earlier. "Uhm, I'm sorry about what happened earlier guys. That was plain stupid. And I am sorry that I did not tell you this earlier, but I think I saw something in that room before I got shot in the knee. It looked like some kind of metal object, but I couldn't see it very clearly. You think it could be some kind of automated defense system?"

((I figured Lukas was too panicked earlier to even think about telling the others this.))

You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3931 on: June 19, 2012, 08:53:26 pm »

Thomas turns on his helmets radio and broadcasts to all the HRMC members
"We're being watched. E, Nick, they're right by the stairs. I'm going to try to get the element of surprise. May, can you give us approximate locations of any enemies you see?"
After he finishes talking, Thomas ducks, and turns the power up and the spread down on his laser rifle. He army crawls towards the stairs, watching for any movement.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3932 on: June 19, 2012, 08:55:51 pm »

((If you have any complaints at E's actions, say it IC, after all it is Sky's character after all. I don't want to screw Team B even more.))

Sky Mode

"May be a defense bot."

Action for Empyrean: Back off, but shoot the thing that just poked out of the hole if it reacts in any strange way.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 09:25:55 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3933 on: June 19, 2012, 09:04:11 pm »

Have hallucinations about ice cream, rainbows, executions, arson, puppies, chocolate, drugs, sodomy and kittens.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3934 on: June 19, 2012, 09:21:28 pm »

Have hallucinations about ice cream, rainbows, executions, arson, puppies, chocolate, drugs, sodomy and kittens.

((All at once?))

Cut Bandit dude off after he says we're being watched.

Get away from whatever it is. If it's no more than a camera, backing off won't do any harm. If it's dangerous, you'll want to be away from it. I don't want anyone else hurt to the point they can't help, so it's better safe than sorry.

Keep on down the dam. If I see anything heading towards me, stop and try to get a better look.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3935 on: June 19, 2012, 09:25:18 pm »

(( Yes. Simultainiously.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3936 on: June 19, 2012, 09:42:33 pm »

((All at once?))

((Why not? It sounds like a good representation of a regular dream to me where at one point you see your brother eating ice cream under a rainbow, while you are executing puppies by setting them on fire. The next time you look at your brother he turns into a bald ass drug addict you don't recognize who is sodomizing kittens.))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3937 on: June 19, 2012, 09:56:27 pm »

Milno sighs and motions outside with his head.

"Well, I think we are ready to move then."

Even as he prepares to move out once again, he still wonders if the shooter was just a trap or a moving enemy and why he still has an odd feeling.

Milno thinks about the situation while moving back in front of the group to the area Lukas was hit -halting to check the first door by the left with the rod with a diagonal positioning - and keeping the same safety measures from before, stopping if anything worth of notice happens or is understood by him.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 10:11:14 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3938 on: June 19, 2012, 10:18:57 pm »

Even as he prepares to move out once again, he still wonders if the shooter was just a trap or a moving enemy and why he still has an odd feeling.

Milno thinks about the situation while moving back in front of the group to the area Lukas was hit -halting to check the first door by the left with the rod with a diagonal positioning - and keeping the same safety measures from before, stopping if anything worth of notice happens or is understood by him.

Stay behind Milno and don't do anything stupid like before: don't go stand in places until Milno made sure it is safe to stand there.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3939 on: June 19, 2012, 11:00:16 pm »

Assist Lukas, keep lamps aimed at hallway in front of us.

Listen for any movement in back, though.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3940 on: June 19, 2012, 11:18:59 pm »

MOve forward in the same manner as them, and if anything starts firing, fire a three second laser sweep on it with both lasers.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3941 on: June 19, 2012, 11:32:25 pm »

Thomas turns on his helmets radio and broadcasts to all the HRMC members
"We're being watched. E, Nick, they're right by the stairs. I'm going to try to get the element of surprise. May, can you give us approximate locations of any enemies you see?"
After he finishes talking, Thomas ducks, and turns the power up and the spread down on his laser rifle. He army crawls towards the stairs, watching for any movement.
As you finish your sentence the thing on the stairs rises up a bit more. The body of it is a metal cylinder with the phrase "Enviro-suit" written on the chest in fading black. Out of the sides of it sprout arms, not like the nicely jointed arms of your suit, but simple floppy tube like arms. Those arms end in heavy looking gloves, and resting in those gloves is something you don't recognize. Something that looks an awful lot like a gun of some sort though.

[rebel conwep:4-1]

The man in the tin can raises his rifle in an instant and fires exactly once before retreating back down the stairs in a way much to silent for a man in a giant metal tube. The bullet, for that is what it is, not a gauss rifle round or a laser gun, but a gunpowder driven slug, clips your chest, cutting a gash through your suit and a shallow cut into your side. [end: 6]

"Get the fuck back here!" You yell after the man. "If you're gonna shoot me you could at least have the decency to kill me! Some people. "

You adjust the settings on your rifle and point it at the stairs, silently wishing for him to stick his rusted helmet back up.

((If you have any complaints at E's actions, say it IC, after all it is Sky's character after all. I don't want to screw Team B even more.))

Sky Mode

"May be a defense bot."

Action for Empyrean: Back off, but shoot the thing that just poked out of the hole if it reacts in any strange way.

You're in the middle of backing away as the thing pops up and wings Thomas. You immediately take aim and fire at the thing as it ducks back down. [con:5+1] You fire a 3 round burst into the area around the stairs, raising a cloud of pulverized supercrete and a hell of a racket as the shells strike the ground.

[Will:3-1] You try to imagine something. You find yourself strangely incapable; your mind is filled with nothing but white noise.

[Intuition:4] You think about the situation for a minute. You assume that the thing that shot Lukas was a rebel. How did they know you were coming? Was it luck? And better yet, how did they see you without any lights? Hmm.

You take a step out, rod in hand, and stop beside the first door on the left. You run the rod around the edge of the doorframe before using it to open the door. You peak in. It's an office of some kind, with a large desk along one wall and a few filing cabinets. Nothing of interest.

Stay behind Milno and don't do anything stupid like before: don't go stand in places until Milno made sure it is safe to stand there.
You and your human crutch stay behind milno, sliding along the left wall and attempting to use your teammate as cover.

Assist Lukas, keep lamps aimed at hallway in front of us.

Listen for any movement in back, though.

You listen carefully as you and Lukas advance, but don't hear anything out of place.

MOve forward in the same manner as them, and if anything starts firing, fire a three second laser sweep on it with both lasers.
You slide along the wall with everyone else, keeping your hands and by extension your hand lasers up by the side of your head. You do your best to look cool.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3942 on: June 19, 2012, 11:35:52 pm »

((Perhaps it's because you have your headlamps on and they are using light amps instead?))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3943 on: June 19, 2012, 11:38:30 pm »

"Be careful. They're really good in those. Damn near silent. Nick! Watch out for metal tubes! They're really old armor. Shoot first, ask questions later."
Thomas gestures that he and Empryean should go down back to back. He engages the light amps, shuts down the lamps and carefully heads down the stairs, shooting at movement other than him, Empryean or anything he recognizes with the laser rifle.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3944 on: June 19, 2012, 11:41:34 pm »

Milno starts smiling slightly. Tricky bastards. Their own suits' lamps were probably the things pointing their position, but he still wondered how the hell they had discovered they were coming.

"You should turn off your lamps and turn on the light amps. For a moment, to check the ambient luminosity."

Turn off lamps and turn on light amps to check for ambient luminosity. If it is not enough for the amps to amplify, turn lamps back on and keep advancing, paying attention to traps, other devices or any movement.

((Perhaps it's because you have your headlamps on and they are using light amps instead?))
((Ninja'ed. Yes, I discovered that.))
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 1256