Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3942457 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 4: Hard landings
« Reply #3900 on: June 19, 2012, 11:49:33 am »

Thomas looks up at Nick.
"Sorry. I was thinking about something."
He shakes his head.
"You mean what happened to May? Well, she used to be a rapist named Elisaz. That was before he tried to pull that off with the Armory Master, who tore his junk to pieces, and he was rushed to the doctor. A few hours later, May came out of the emergency room. She had a new body and a new attitude, and I thought, a new mind. But after that rather horrific crash, Elisaz has returned. Right now, I'm wondering whether May was an act, or a split personality caused by the shock of such a sexual being having his dick ripped to pieces."
He shudders.
"I hope it's a split personality. And about the rifle, I am indeed good with point and shoot weapons, that's why I have this thing on my back, to give this rifle more power."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3901 on: June 19, 2012, 12:53:32 pm »

Remember people, bolding your  actions helps me see'em and makes sure I know whats fluff and whats business.
Stir.
You twitch and make this noise

Lukas starts to calm down for a bit. "Hey! It seems to be working. But there is still water running into my suit. Do you have another one of those things?"
Quote from: Not piecewise
Faith: Herp derp [Aux:6+1] you put an auto-tourniquet from the kit on Lukas' leg. It tightens and compresses his leg until it crushes and destroys his bones. At least the water is not coming in anymore.

Milno turns the motion sensor off and gets back to the group, walking backwards until he reaches the room and keeping his weapons firmly trained on the place the rebel escaped from.

"Fix him quickly and get moving. The shooter escaped and the rebels'll probably try to crack that thing quicker since we are here. The medic should help you move around quicker."
You back your way into the room and quickly take cover beside the door, peeking out just enough to see and keeping your weapons pointed toward the end of the hall. [Intuition:2] Your mind remains blank as you stare down the hall.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3902 on: June 19, 2012, 01:15:51 pm »

"....~Bweh~...."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3903 on: June 19, 2012, 01:27:29 pm »

((Ah ok. I forgot going back into the room could be considered an action in itself, my bad. I'll hope for another intuition roll then.))

Milno gets inside the room to check on the other door before turning the motion sensor on and taking another good look at the hall.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 01:41:18 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3904 on: June 19, 2012, 02:09:17 pm »

Tighten autotourniquet to properly prevent water flow.

Then examine knee proper. Anything I can do to increase his ability to use it?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3905 on: June 19, 2012, 02:36:18 pm »

This Gauss Rifle I got off Nik is yours, then. For now.

As for the whole Elisaz/May issue, I expect that both were brought on by severe trauma. Not that uncommon. Although that it flipped from one back to the other is... unusual.

Hmm... Now, of the several different psychological problems I'm familiar with, Complex-Post Traumatic Stress Disorder sounds likely, given what you gave as a background. Difficulty in regulating emotions, variations in consciousness, changes in self-perception, alteration of relations, and loss of or changes to one's system of meanings. It would fit, quite well, in fact.

Ah, this can be taken care of later, in the relative safety of the Sword. For now, let's get going and get off of this dam, and start our mission for real.

Give him Nik's Gauss Rifle, then head off down the dam to that stairway I saw.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3906 on: June 19, 2012, 02:59:28 pm »

Sky Mode

Action for Empyrean: Keep following~
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3907 on: June 19, 2012, 04:23:12 pm »

((Well, considering the fact that I'd love to have a chance to wake up, even if in a full-robotic body like Jim's (for some reason, at the time I read about the 'mortal wound' I had forgotten that the docs these days can revive people, and, well, the chance of the perma-death is still there, anyways), so losing a limb or two but still making it doesn't seem that bad. The only thing I regret now is that I'm unconscious and should stay that way and thus I cannot join you two three even though I still have at least half of my body functional .
As for the 'it' club - well, I don't think Jim and Feyri find it much of an obstacle, do they?  :P Still, it just accentuates my character's near-asexual POV. I mean, he's still a male and has the male brain circuits for that kind of thing, but now he not only doesn't want to care, he literally can't. ;)
Oh, and if there was the chance to regrow human legs, I'd jump at it, even if it meant a heap of tokens to be paid. That said, any kind of mechanical prosthetics is way better than non-human biological ones.

Also, I guess I know what piece of information was that Intuition roll for - and if I got it right, I can only quote Tiruin:
Of all the things in ER, think out of the box.
Just remember where you are, what you are doing and what you have to keep in mind. I'll say nothing more. ))
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 04:24:52 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3908 on: June 19, 2012, 04:24:30 pm »

May/Elisaz had passed out from the painkillers, so Thomas had put him/her back on his back. When (s)he began to groan again, Thomas was once again going to ask her if she hurt, but Nick had some more important things to say.

Thomas took the rifle and smiled, he had always wanted one of these. He followed to the stairs, May/Elisaz on his back and the rifle slung under his arm.
"Thanks for the rifle. Sounds about right about the Elisaz May thing too. Say, what did you do before you got stuck here? Were you a doctor, or a teacher or something?"
He turned his head back to May, and looked at her eyes, trying to get her to stay that way, at least for a while.
"So, are you feeling better?"
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 04:27:01 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3909 on: June 19, 2012, 04:25:53 pm »

((@Nikitian: I also have an idea of what that intuition roll was for, and I do not like the prospect.))
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3910 on: June 19, 2012, 04:36:45 pm »

((Ah ok. I forgot going back into the room could be considered an action in itself, my bad. I'll hope for another intuition roll then.))

Milno gets inside the room to check on the other door before turning the motion sensor on and taking another good look at the hall.
You head over and take a look out the other door. Everything seems quiet out there so you close it and head back to the doorway where Lukas got nailed.  You look down the hall with your motion sensing program activated, but your own recent pass through there has rendered the waters a slowly churning mess of currents and faint colors that makes everything very hard to see.

Tighten autotourniquet to properly prevent water flow.

Then examine knee proper. Anything I can do to increase his ability to use it?

[Med:4+1] You work carefully and slowly tighten the auto-tourniquet one gentle button press at a time till it's watertight but not "rot your leg off with lack of bloodflow" tight.

[Med:3+1] The only thing you can really do for the guy, least the only thing you can think of, is to pump him full of pain killers and let him hobble.

This Gauss Rifle I got off Nik is yours, then. For now.

As for the whole Elisaz/May issue, I expect that both were brought on by severe trauma. Not that uncommon. Although that it flipped from one back to the other is... unusual.

Hmm... Now, of the several different psychological problems I'm familiar with, Complex-Post Traumatic Stress Disorder sounds likely, given what you gave as a background. Difficulty in regulating emotions, variations in consciousness, changes in self-perception, alteration of relations, and loss of or changes to one's system of meanings. It would fit, quite well, in fact.

Ah, this can be taken care of later, in the relative safety of the Sword. For now, let's get going and get off of this dam, and start our mission for real.

Give him Nik's Gauss Rifle, then head off down the dam to that stairway I saw.
Sky Mode

Action for Empyrean: Keep following~
May/Elisaz had passed out from the painkillers, so Thomas had put him/her back on his back. When (s)he began to groan again, Thomas was once again going to ask her if she hurt, but Nick had some more important things to say.

Thomas took the rifle and smiled, he had always wanted one of these. He followed to the stairs, May/Elisaz on his back and the rifle slung under his arm.
"Thanks for the rifle. Sounds about right about the Elisaz May thing too. Say, what did you do before you got stuck here? Were you a doctor, or a teacher or something?"
He turned his head back to May, and looked at her eyes, trying to get her to stay that way, at least for a while.
"So, are you feeling better?"
Nick and E head back down the dam to the stairwell while Thomas tries to decide if he should leave may here with Nik or carry her with him. Hmm. He decides to take her with him and throws her over his shoulder, before chasing after Nick.

The stairwell they arrive at seems almost to have been carved straight out of the Supercrete of the dam. It heads down maybe 20 feet before reversing and continuing down the other way. It's lit by rather cheap looking hanging lights but the stairs themselves stop them from seeing more then a floor down.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3911 on: June 19, 2012, 04:39:01 pm »

((@Nikitian: I also have an idea of what that intuition roll was for, and I do not like the prospect.))

((Yeah, that does not bode well...))

I was the adviser to the Magistrate at Altair 4. He wanted someone who could usually find the most intelligent option, as well as a strategic planner, although I don't think he counted on me being... well, let's just say that I'm intelligent, but I don't know when to stop going on about things sometimes, and I'm bad at reading people. I'm fairly sure that's how I ended up here - He got fed up with me.

Wait... why did you bring May along? No matter, we'll probably be coming back up this way, so we can pick her up here.

Alright, you two go down the stairs, I should meet you at the bottom, or near to it, at least.

Strap my MFM over the palm of my left hand, so that I can type on it, albeit not that well. It's crude and will need a safe spot for a bit to work, but it'll work.

Use my incredible grip-borg legs to scale down the dam, trying to remain inconspicuous (yeah, right.)

((Argh, why didn't I think of a very useful upgrade to my arms BEFORE we had to all pile into stasis?))
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 04:46:28 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3912 on: June 19, 2012, 04:43:47 pm »

Shit. I missed ANOTHER mission.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3913 on: June 19, 2012, 04:46:46 pm »

Shit. I missed ANOTHER mission.
((Yep, bad luck all around. You could ask the GM for a spot in the next mission if you compromise to appear, since even I thought you had stopped reading the threads.))

Milno rears back into the room and turns off the motion sensor while paying attention to any sign of trouble. Return the projector to Lukas.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 07:39:39 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3914 on: June 19, 2012, 05:04:53 pm »

"Oh. We're leaving them up there. Be right back."
Thomas heads back up the stairs and leaves May with Nik.
"Stay right here, and make sure that Nik doesn't get hurt, Okay?"
He then heads back down to Nick.
"So, just got in the way of someones ego? Sucks. I've always thought it's best to just stay away from those people. Well, I used to be a bandit. Most of my teammates were beserkers, almost. They would run in, guns blazing, from some ambush point. I would sit back, and pick off anyone trying to escape. Oh, those were simple days. Find an ambush point, like a forest, or stairs... Wait a second. Don't you find it odd that we haven't been attacked yet?"
He continues walking, checking the area around him for traps or ambushes as he goes.
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 1256