Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944234 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Why don't all of you come in here, actually. We could use the light." Jim put his back against Charro's as he said that and continued to monitor the doorway.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

Mesk looks across at Bishop as Charro climbs down the shaft.  "Let's let the meat shields go first, shall we?  We're both a bit more essential, after all."
He grips his cutting torch and advanced kit tightly, ready to use them as improvised weapons should anything come up the shaft.  Though his face betrays no emotion, he is terrified.
"Good luck down there, guys!  I'll make sure to patch you up, if you survive!  And we find your wounded bodies!"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Bishop had no intention of just staying put.

"Come on Mesk. If they all die down there, it's just the both of us against whatever else is down there. We need to stick together and work together. And if they need to cut through a bulkhead, who's got the knowhow and gear to do it? Me, that's who. So let's go."

Pushing Mesk aside, Bishop promtly climbs down into the elevator, nodding to Feyri as she steps aside, and climbs in through the hole, lamps illuminating the way.

"Keep cool Charro. Panicking won't help anyone, least of all you. Remember what I said before? I got your back if you got mine. Just keep that in mind, keep your eyes open and you'll be fine."

Climb on down and join jim and Charro, keeping on guard. Test to see if the light amps help matters and watch both of their backs.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(I'm going to go to bed, but I'll leave standing orders for now to assist Bishop and protect him.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Charro looks a bit put-out by Bishop's tone.
"Yeah, right, thanks for that..." Biting off some sort of sarcastic retort, (since now is really not the time) he instead speaks to Jim, peering through the gloom for any signs of danger.
"What did you see down here, anyway? I can't see much at all..."

>Try and spot any signs of movement in the dark.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

"...damn, ok then.  I see your point."
Climb down the shaft, trying desperately not to look anywhere but straight ahead.
"...itohshitohshitohsh..."
Back up the others once I'm on solid ground again by activating my ScoutEye and sending it to investigate where Jim saw movement.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Feyri hung onto the ladder, watching as Jim melted the door, she replaced the battery in her Rifle to load it once more as she watched him go in, training her rifle at anything ahead of him like a paranoid gun owner.

After the many movements that followed, consisting of other bodies passing by the ladder, she made her decision.

"Lock and Load, all you men. I'm taking point.

"Everyone, follow on my watch. Scan the room with your amps and call out for any survivors, though I doubt they would listen, protocol...just in case."

She then switched to her Tesla Sabre, to make sure nothing gets the jump on her before her blade does, before moving in the room where Jim went in. Examining the ceiling and her front.

"One of you, keep an eye on that door. I don't want it slamming shut on us all if we're all to go down here. Bishop, take the middle, Jim, stay behind me. Mesk, don't fear danger. Charro, same goes for you. Anyone of you, check for sounds and listen for anything out of the ordinary. Think, sepulchral silence.

"We're the HMRC now, and we'll make them proud of us."
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 05:41:38 am by Tiruin »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

>Do as the woman says!

Charro follows after, rifle pointed away from the group as he watches the shadows.
"Somehow, I doubt there are any survivors down here. It's been, how long did Steve say? A decade or two? Either way, unless they turned their research station into a hermitage, I doubt there's anyone left. Er, anyone alive, at least..."

...>Shut up and keep an eye out for anything dangerous!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Feyri turned around to look at the rest, "Keep alert. If we don't respond after...when your intuition says so, find another route down."
((I saw this before the edit. So you admitted tin man and yandere merc are a couple, aha.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((~~Whaaaat edit? :3 ))

Feyri stopped, and blinked. Why were they heading into a place that was dark without power at all, relying on their own personal sources to work at this? There was a power generator on the floor beneath them, and in a larger and more open space that could bring their weapons to bear quickly.

Unless it was swarmed with whatever took this place down. For ten years...

"People, who votes for going down one more floor and hitting the lights first, then maybe we can see what is lurking in the shadows."

She also handles the blade just in case anything springs out at her for speaking and whatnot.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

She also handles the blade just in case anything springs out at her for speaking and whatnot.
((I guess you are using comms between the suits. If the lab has been taken over by vacuum, the external voice system won't work.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Bishop had no intention of just staying put.

"Come on Mesk. If they all die down there, it's just the both of us against whatever else is down there. We need to stick together and work together. And if they need to cut through a bulkhead, who's got the knowhow and gear to do it? Me, that's who. So let's go."

Pushing Mesk aside, Bishop promtly climbs down into the elevator, nodding to Feyri as she steps aside, and climbs in through the hole, lamps illuminating the way.

"Keep cool Charro. Panicking won't help anyone, least of all you. Remember what I said before? I got your back if you got mine. Just keep that in mind, keep your eyes open and you'll be fine."

Climb on down and join jim and Charro, keeping on guard. Test to see if the light amps help matters and watch both of their backs.
You climb down and join jim, testing if light amplification will work thanks to Jim and charro's headlamps. It does. It also manages to blind you repeatedly as Jim and Charro sweep their  head lamps around.

Charro looks a bit put-out by Bishop's tone.
"Yeah, right, thanks for that..." Biting off some sort of sarcastic retort, (since now is really not the time) he instead speaks to Jim, peering through the gloom for any signs of danger.
"What did you see down here, anyway? I can't see much at all..."

>Try and spot any signs of movement in the dark.
You look around, sweeping your head lamps across every surface, looking for any sign of movement or life. All the doors are closed and windowless, and there's no sign of movement here in this cramped crossroads.

"...damn, ok then.  I see your point."
Climb down the shaft, trying desperately not to look anywhere but straight ahead.
"...itohshitohshitohsh..."
Back up the others once I'm on solid ground again by activating my ScoutEye and sending it to investigate where Jim saw movement.
(In order for you to send the scouteye in you'll need to open the door that Jim saw close.)

You climb down and join the rest of the team

Feyri hung onto the ladder, watching as Jim melted the door, she replaced the battery in her Rifle to load it once more as she watched him go in, training her rifle at anything ahead of him like a paranoid gun owner.

After the many movements that followed, consisting of other bodies passing by the ladder, she made her decision.

"Lock and Load, all you men. I'm taking point.

"Everyone, follow on my watch. Scan the room with your amps and call out for any survivors, though I doubt they would listen, protocol...just in case."

She then switched to her Tesla Sabre, to make sure nothing gets the jump on her before her blade does, before moving in the room where Jim went in. Examining the ceiling and her front.

"One of you, keep an eye on that door. I don't want it slamming shut on us all if we're all to go down here. Bishop, take the middle, Jim, stay behind me. Mesk, don't fear danger. Charro, same goes for you. Anyone of you, check for sounds and listen for anything out of the ordinary. Think, sepulchral silence.

"We're the HMRC now, and we'll make them proud of us."

You join the group and step in front of Jim, sabre in hand. You look around and see nothing strange about the ceiling or the door in front of you.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I guess you are using comms between the suits. If the lab has been taken over by vacuum, the external voice system won't work.))
((Just like we did in the first mission, yes...

Wait, good idea, edited. Forgot about the vacuum and the terrestrial atmosphere. Heh. Guess it's a luminous hazard then.))
. . .
((Ninja'd by the GM.))

"Is everyone still up for it? I'll switch to the second man and Jim can either pick the front or middleman. The power generator room must either need extra equipment to make things work so let's salvage what we can here...if my guess is right."

Is my guess right?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

"I say we see what needs to be done at the generator first.  If someone can get the third floor door open I'll scout it out."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Jim checked his map. "Let's see what floor the generator room is on before we advance any further."
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 1256