Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943955 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

"Well, it would work! Still, you've got a point. And you're better off trying the sabre, it's probably got the power you need over that little battery."

Bishop paused in thought for a second.

"Are you sure there's no manual override nearby? If you are still stuck, I could switch with one of you and I'll give it a shot."

Ping Steve with our location, after assuring him that I'm not trying to infect him again. Ask him if he's got any schematics for the elevator and how the doors work.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Feyri held the battery in her hand before looking back up at Bishop, her hand shielding her face from the light. "Huh, good idea. But the Sabre battery costs a lot more. And I plan on using it to it's full potential. Busy looking for it now."

Examine for any entrance devices/other ways in.

If none, hand Jim the battery. The Rifle Battery.

"Tell the others to keep watch! Why don't you come down here too, Bishop?"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Bishop pointed at the ledge that Jim was standing on.

"Not enough room on the ledge. Still, if we are lucky, we might be able to find a place to recharge our spent batteries somewhere in here."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

"Thought just came to me, Bishop, can you rig in a general anti-virus with the conduits and other devices lying around? Or maybe a remote hacking device? We'll just...wait here until Jim accepts this."

Feyri held up the battery, "We can use this, or I'll just try shooting at the door. Your choice."

Await Jim's decision.

((And, going off now.  :P))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Hold on just a moment." Jim got back onto the ladder and locked all of his joints into a death-grip on the rungs, just in case this failed. Next, he focused on the door, trying to use his amp to superheat it and melt it from the frame, to allow access.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

"Hold on just a moment." Jim got back onto the ladder and locked all of his joints into a death-grip on the rungs, just in case this failed. Next, he focused on the door, trying to use his amp to superheat it and melt it from the frame, to allow access.
You climb back to the ladder and lock your hands around the rungs, your fingers practically biting into the metal. You turn your head and stare at the door, concentrating. [exotic:3+1+1] The heat starts as nothing but a red hot point and then expands outward, a circular section of the door glowing red hot and dripping away like thick syrup. You relax and the metal begins to cool almost instantly in the freezing vacuum. The result of your effort is an easily passable hole just slightly smaller then the door itself.

"Well, it would work! Still, you've got a point. And you're better off trying the sabre, it's probably got the power you need over that little battery."

Bishop paused in thought for a second.

"Are you sure there's no manual override nearby? If you are still stuck, I could switch with one of you and I'll give it a shot."

Ping Steve with our location, after assuring him that I'm not trying to infect him again. Ask him if he's got any schematics for the elevator and how the doors work.
You ask steve for schematics of the elevator and get them just after Jim is done melting the door. Well..maybe they'll be useful later.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

>Follow along like a lemon, waiting at the top of the shaft and trying to keep watch for anything approaching.

"If I'm not mistaken, the door you're melting leads to the floor with the living quarters... We might find some useful notes or something down there, but what we're really after is the floor below, with the power generator." He shrugged, then sheepishly added, "I think," and went back to warily watching their surroundings.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Got it. I'll go through first." Jim moved to the door and entered through the new hole.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

Wait at the top of the shaft for Jim's all-clear.  If I hear the all-clear, follow.  If I hear nothing, or screams, RUN.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

>Follow along like a lemon, waiting at the top of the shaft and trying to keep watch for anything approaching.

"If I'm not mistaken, the door you're melting leads to the floor with the living quarters... We might find some useful notes or something down there, but what we're really after is the floor below, with the power generator." He shrugged, then sheepishly added, "I think," and went back to warily watching their surroundings.
Wait at the top of the shaft for Jim's all-clear.  If I hear the all-clear, follow.  If I hear nothing, or screams, RUN.
You mill around and occasionally look down into the shaft, attempting to look like you're keeping watch and generally being useful, rather then just loitering about.

"Got it. I'll go through first." Jim moved to the door and entered through the new hole.
You slide back along the ridge and through the hole you melted. The room beyond is pitch black, not even your light amps help. You activate your lamps, tiny things built into where your tear ducts would be if you still had such things, and look around. You're in a lobby like room, the center of a 4 way intersection, with an exit on all sides of you. Everything is clean, white and seemingly pristine, except for a thin layer of gray dust. It's all white walls and dully reflective white linoleum. The doors are the normal, unpowered sort, thankfully. The ones to your right and left are closed but the one in front of you is slightly ajar. You stare in through that opening and into the dark hall beyond. And then something flitters by in the darkness, a dull yellow on your motion tracker, and the door slams silently shut.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Dark as shit down here, and something's moving," Jim reported over coms. "Yeah, I think I'd like a bit of back-up." He stayed put and kept a watch around, just in case.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

(Anyone else having flashbacks to Aliens?)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Charro clicked on his own comms, face screwed up in uncertainty after Jim's worrying message.
"Err, a bit of backup? By that do you mean moral support, or you want us to... Go down there?" His voice wavered a little at that last bit, and he grimaced.
'Don't embarass yourself, Charro...'

Charro grips his laser rifle and peers down into the shaft, then glances back to Mesk and Bishop, shrugs, and starts climbing hesitantly down, pausing to let Feyri (presumably) vacate the bottom of the ladder.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"No, I want you to play basketball. The dribbling noise is very soothing to my nerves." Jim paused a moment to let the sarcasm sink in. "Hell yes I want you in here. I need at least one person to watch my back."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Charro clicked on his own comms, face screwed up in uncertainty after Jim's worrying message.
"Err, a bit of backup? By that do you mean moral support, or you want us to... Go down there?" His voice wavered a little at that last bit, and he grimaced.
'Don't embarass yourself, Charro...'

Charro grips his laser rifle and peers down into the shaft, then glances back to Mesk and Bishop, shrugs, and starts climbing hesitantly down, pausing to let Feyri (presumably) vacate the bottom of the ladder.
You slide out onto the ledge and climb down the ladder, Feyri moving aside to let you by before she returns to her position guarding the door. You step very cautiously out into the second floor, head lamp and rifle tracing nervous sweeps across the room. You scamper up beside Jim who looks down at you for a moment before looking back at the door directly in front of him. It is very very VERY dark down here. 
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 1256