Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3942109 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 3: P-box
« Reply #2550 on: May 09, 2012, 09:40:19 pm »

"Benefits of being a cyborg. Alright, come on over and I'll jack you in. Tell us what you hear."

Rig up the audio output to play only into Jim's audio sensors, then play the first file.
You connect Jim directly to the console and start playback.

"I'll do it. I don't process sensory information the same as the rest of you, and I can record it in my audiobanks just in case."
The first recording is just a string of numbers and clipped words, like "don 33476" and "Anti 23321".  Probably some sort of data or code.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: May 09, 2012, 09:42:49 pm »

"Ok, that's one. Here's the next one."

Play the second file.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: May 09, 2012, 09:53:40 pm »

"Got it. Keep it coming."

Jim records the soundbites as they play, just in case they come in handy later.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2553 on: May 09, 2012, 10:22:45 pm »

"Got it. Keep it coming."

Jim records the soundbites as they play, just in case they come in handy later.
"Ok, that's one. Here's the next one."

Play the second file.

The second file is an automated warning.
"Warning. Warning. Quarantine in effect. Do not enter. Warning. Warning."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: May 09, 2012, 10:25:13 pm »

Mesk chuckles bitterly.
"Hey guys, you think we shouldn't have come here?"

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: May 09, 2012, 10:30:01 pm »

Charro shifts his weight uneasily, watching and wondering just what Jim is hearing. He responds drily to Mesk, "I am quite sure everyone has a bad feeling about this. No surprise there."

>Check if there are any storage cupboards or other closed containers in the room, keeping an eye out for any more surprises.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: May 09, 2012, 10:31:49 pm »

(Only Jim can hear that stuff right now due to the set-up. >.>)

"Worthless. Play the next one."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: May 09, 2012, 10:32:06 pm »

"We don't really have any choice in the matter. We are here to either get information or die. That's the job. Here's the last one, then we contact the computer."

Play the last file and then when Jim is done, disconnect him and establish contact with Steve.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2558 on: May 09, 2012, 10:39:01 pm »

Charro shifts his weight uneasily, watching and wondering just what Jim is hearing. He responds drily to Mesk, "I am quite sure everyone has a bad feeling about this. No surprise there."

>Check if there are any storage cupboards or other closed containers in the room, keeping an eye out for any more surprises.
You check for traps hidden loot or storage containers. Unless someone hid goodies in the console or that dead guy you can't see anything around here.

(Only Jim can hear that stuff right now due to the set-up. >.>)

"Worthless. Play the next one."
"We don't really have any choice in the matter. We are here to either get information or die. That's the job. Here's the last one, then we contact the computer."

Play the last file and then when Jim is done, disconnect him and establish contact with Steve.

The third is something entirely different. It starts off as silence but then fades almost instantly into a strange sort of white noise. The white noise is then intercut with seemingly random tones, some shrill and other very low, forming a vague and oddly musical pattern. The file goes on for over 7 minutes until it suddenly cuts off.

After the file is finished playing Bishop reboots the console and attempts to establish a connection. It takes several minutes before a response comes through.

>Ah, see you got the transmitter online. The mothership is a lot farther out this time so expect delays between you transmitting and me replying. You better get going into the rest of the base.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: May 09, 2012, 10:41:21 pm »

Bishop straightened from his work and looked at Jim.

"Jim, what did you hear in the sound files? Anything we should know of?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: May 09, 2012, 10:44:57 pm »

Jim shrugs expansively. "That last file was... odd. Plug me back in."

Once Jim is plugged back into the antenna, he tries to broadcast the message to Steve, to see if he can analyze it for any hidden messages or meanings.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: May 09, 2012, 10:56:50 pm »

((Did you scan it for viruses first? :P))

Charro turned back to the others, shrugging. "Looks like this building is just for the transmitter- Not even any storage or anything like that." He glances at Jim and Bishop, then asks the others: "Any developments? Have we contacted the ship?"
Booze is Life for Yoink

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: May 09, 2012, 10:58:31 pm »

Feyri just stood by, tapping the trigger of her rifle with her finger. She wouldn't obviously fire it, due to her training. Safety was off though, in making sure of their safety if anything would go wrong. Her blade hung just at the side.

She looked at Bishop, then at everyone in general after the corpse. "Careful everyone. We don't want anything ripping or cutting our suits, even if it may be just debris."

She waited for a few and then chuckled to herself. "Heh, random idea. Maybe that guy was attacked from the inside of his suit, and led him to take off his helmet."

Raise morale. Turn on Light Amps. Examine the room, especially the ceiling.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: May 09, 2012, 11:03:55 pm »

"Didn't you listen? The computer just told us to head inside the base. Pay attention. If you want to transmit that file back to the computer Jim, I'll do it. Hold still."

Bishop turned to face Feyri for a moment.

"If it was inside his suit, then how did it get inside in the first place? I don't see any holes in it. Still, if it wanted to kill him, there are faster and more efficient ways than decompression. So stop scaring Charro."

Plug Jim back in and send a message to Steve containing the sound file asking him to analyse it and that I found it in the transmitter along with 2 other sound files. Tell him that I also only had Jim hear all the files incase of mind rape episodes, so he might want to take some precautions as well.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 11:05:51 pm by Zako »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: May 09, 2012, 11:04:55 pm »

"Well, thanks for that-- And I was just starting to appreciate having a suit to protect me from whatever horrible infectious substances we're no doubt walking over."
Charro stares uncertainly at the corpse. "Is that even possible? Actually you know what, don't answer that."

>Wait for Bishop and Jim, ignore Feyri's worrying comments.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 1256