Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3942988 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 3: P-box
« Reply #2535 on: May 09, 2012, 12:49:46 pm »

"Bishop, see what you can do with the technical stuff.  I'll see what this guy can tell me."
Check the corpse for cause of death, who he is, what he's carrying, and anything else.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2536 on: May 09, 2012, 01:25:59 pm »

"Bishop, see what you can do with the technical stuff.  I'll see what this guy can tell me."
Check the corpse for cause of death, who he is, what he's carrying, and anything else.
You bend down over the corpse and try to bend open its clenched arms, breaking them like twigs in the process. His suit has no name on it and he doesn't seem to be carrying a weapon, or anything for that matter. What killed him was probably exposure to this environment, there are no obvious injuries or suit punctures and you can only assume he took his own helmet off. After all, how or why else would it be resting there beside him? 

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: May 09, 2012, 02:06:00 pm »

"Hmm... three possibilities, I think.  Either he committed suicide before starving to death, committed suicide as an alternative to some far worse death... or he was mind fucked into taking his helmet off.  I really hope it was option A."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: May 09, 2012, 06:14:35 pm »

"I'm more concerned about why he did this." Bishop pointed to the large machine. That damage looked like it was caused by desperation. Not a good sign.

Fix this sucker back to working order with the tools in the kit and using the blueprint but don't turn it on yet. Figure out that strange antenna first, cause a normal one would work just fine. What makes this one so special?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 06:18:05 pm by Zako »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: May 09, 2012, 06:30:14 pm »

Jim took a look-out position, switching between all of his cameye modes at the rate of once every 15 seconds to make sure he didn't miss anything.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2540 on: May 09, 2012, 07:36:08 pm »

"I'm more concerned about why he did this." Bishop pointed to the large machine. That damage looked like it was caused by desperation. Not a good sign.

Fix this sucker back to working order with the tools in the kit and using the blueprint but don't turn it on yet. Figure out that strange antenna first, cause a normal one would work just fine. What makes this one so special?
Fractal antennas are normal, actually. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fractal_antenna

[handiwork:3+1+1] You tear the metal rod from the machine and start working, reconnecting severed wires and replacing damaged parts. It takes a bit but you get it back to working order. It isn't pretty and you're not sure if these video panels will work-they're cracked and you have nothing to replace them with-but other then that it should function.

Jim took a look-out position, switching between all of his cameye modes at the rate of once every 15 seconds to make sure he didn't miss anything.
You cycle through your filters. X-ray shows zip besides making everything even more monochrome. Infrared takes a while to adjust to everything being so damn cold, but it eventually shows a gradient of nothing. Motion tracking shows the team milling around and nothing else. Zoom mode is very...zooooom.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: May 09, 2012, 07:46:30 pm »

"Looks clear. Not a damn thing warm or moving out there," Jim reported, going back to normal vision. "How's work coming along?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: May 09, 2012, 07:46:56 pm »

"Done. It should work now, buy I can't fix those screens with what I have. We should only need audio anyway."

Fire her up and contact Steve!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2543 on: May 09, 2012, 08:13:15 pm »

"Done. It should work now, buy I can't fix those screens with what I have. We should only need audio anyway."

Fire her up and contact Steve!
You reach your hand into the guts of the machine and connect the last wire. The machine starts up silently in the vacuum, the monitors flickering on and off randomly. You give one of them a hard smack and it stabilizes, the screen filling with white code on a blue background. You connect your wrist pad and use its keypad to replace the smashed one on the console. You type for a few minutes, lines of white on blue casting strange glowing trails in the darkened room, till you come across the transmitter's memory where the activation protocols are stored. You go to start the system when you notice that there is a subdirectory that you don't recognize. It contains a few soundbites, probably things in a cue to be broadcast before the system was destroyed.

>11103Aden
>33944Warn
>+ NAN LY

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: May 09, 2012, 09:04:25 pm »

"That's strange... I've found something. Looks like sound bytes that were going tO be broadcast before the system got wrecked."

Bishop shifted uneasily.

"I've got that sinking feeling... Should I play them?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: May 09, 2012, 09:13:10 pm »

Jim nodded. "Do it. It might be relevant."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: May 09, 2012, 09:18:12 pm »

"Alright then. But in case of mind fucking recordings, only one of us should hear it, preferably someone who isn't as important as the others to the mission. That leaves either feyri, chorro or you Jim. Who wants a listen?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: May 09, 2012, 09:21:17 pm »

"I'll do it. I don't process sensory information the same as the rest of you, and I can record it in my audiobanks just in case."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: May 09, 2012, 09:24:34 pm »

"Benefits of being a cyborg. Alright, come on over and I'll jack you in. Tell us what you hear."

Rig up the audio output to play only into Jim's audio sensors, then play the first file.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: May 09, 2012, 09:29:00 pm »

"I've got a bad feeling about this... not the sound files, just in general."
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 1256