Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3941347 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

((Why would I want to play intelligently, when getting myself maimed scores a robot body?))Thomas gazes down the hall, his steely grin discounted by the fear behind it. He pulls his rifle from its resting place, the cold metal feeling more comfortable than the bloodied synthflesh limb held by his other hand. He walked down the hall, trying to see any threats.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 01:38:46 am by Spinal_Taper »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

(Wait what?  I thought I mentioned that we needed to get going.)
Go go go!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

((Yeah, let's do this.

...where are we going again? I guess further down the hallway we were exploring when Erik Kool-Aided us?))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

>Everyone
The group continues down the hall, keeping their collective eyes out for anything more that may pop from the walls or crawl from the shadows. At the end of the hall is a rather lavish doorway, though lacking the door, an arch depicting untold hundreds of humans all stacked atop of one another, each holding up successive layers of more struggling, naked bodies. As you look closer you can see that they're merging into one another, their limbs melding together like soft clay. The darkness beyond that threshold is like a wall of tar, impenetrable even under the full strength of the light amplifiers.

The group steps into that darkness and lurking within is something very different. The massive spherical room with great bracing rods, the countless monitors lining the walls bathing the room in the pale blue of their thousand fold "Lost signal" errors, the central command chair; this is the bridge of a space ship and a big one. There's someone sitting in that command chair: A man of considerable age with his naked upper body partially enshrouded in cables and wires, plugged directly into his flesh. His lower body is covered in a robe. He looks down at you as you look up at him.

"We found peace here, in this divine marriage of free sky and shackling earth. But you have tread upon us, silenced our voices, and brought nothingness to where we once wove life. Why?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Faith blinked, then grimaced and cringed.

"...uh. Your... vessel is heading towards a very important planet to us, and we're... very worried about that. And plus you kept driving us insane, though I don't know how much of that was us or what...

Um... what is this place? Who are you?"
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Faith blinked, then grimaced and cringed.

"...uh. Your... vessel is heading towards a very important planet to us, and we're... very worried about that. And plus you kept driving us insane, though I don't know how much of that was us or what...

Um... what is this place? Who are you?"
"We had names once, when we were many, but now we are one and we simply are. And this" he sweeps his hand to encompass the world "is ours."

He squints his eyes at you and you feel like the whole world around you is pressing in. "Explain yourselves."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

"Ah, I just did," Faith continued nervously, "This place is speeding towards one of our worlds, and we're worried it's going to harm it, so we were sent in to make sure it didn't. Um, if you could just change course and try to avoid us, or maybe contact us and negotiate something I'm sure we wouldn't be having this problem.

And, sorry for all the damage to everything, but we kept going insane and our teams never made it back, so we didn't really know what was going on and couldn't, you know, talk to you instead."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

"Ah, I just did," Faith continued nervously, "This place is speeding towards one of our worlds, and we're worried it's going to harm it, so we were sent in to make sure it didn't. Um, if you could just change course and try to avoid us, or maybe contact us and negotiate something I'm sure we wouldn't be having this problem.

And, sorry for all the damage to everything, but we kept going insane and our teams never made it back, so we didn't really know what was going on and couldn't, you know, talk to you instead."
"Could not? No. Would not. This place is me." He seems to think for a moment "You say I bring you harm? Cause discordance within you?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

"Er, yes. We saw vivid hallucinations as we were trying to make our way in here, and some of us seem to have even gone berserk and attacked our allies."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Milno frowns and scans the area for something valuable.
"We are also not particularly fond of being here, but the ones who sent us need answers. The sooner you provide us with them while trying to use our pattern of speech instead of being enigmatic, the sooner we leave your paradise. Let's start with 'why are you moving towards an important planet for the dictatorial government'?"
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 06:42:08 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

"Er, yes. We saw vivid hallucinations as we were trying to make our way in here, and some of us seem to have even gone berserk and attacked our allies."
The man gestures for you to come to him and you are immediately lifted off your feet and propelled across the room and into the air, stopping about a half foot from him.

"Open your helmet"

Milno frowns and scans the area for something valuable.
"We are also not particularly fond of being here, but the ones who sent us need answers. The sooner you provide us with them while trying to use our pattern of speech instead of being enigmatic, the sooner we leave your paradise. Let's start with 'why are you moving towards an important planet for the dictatorial government'?"
He seems to be ignoring you.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((GM, do you even sleep or do you close your eyes in front of the computer, open it some hours later and go back to writing?

And I am not saving Faith from any further perilous situations. I accidentally saved her once. If I do it twice people may think I care.))
Edit:

"Well, have fun."
Milno shrugs and scans the area for an artifact.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 10:42:48 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"I say we roast this jackoff right now and put an end to all of his bullshit," Jim said.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

"I say we roast this jackoff right now and put an end to all of his bullshit," Jim said.
"I'm curious about him Jim, don't fry him. Why are you here, and how have you become part of this place?" Thomas asks.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

"He's our only source of information right now.  Let's ask questions first and shoot later, if that's all right with you gentlemen?"
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 1256