Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944125 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: Have space suit, will die horribly.
« Reply #945 on: April 17, 2012, 04:27:54 pm »

Milno seems to realize something.

"Both are fine, although I am more interested in the subjective."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: April 17, 2012, 04:28:38 pm »

Adrian follows Mason, and checks if his recon eye is still functional. If so, he brings it back to him. He also scans the second clearing for anyone he knows,

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: April 17, 2012, 04:36:49 pm »

"Okay, what the F-...

This is getting weirder and weirder. Alright, since we can't contact the squad, lets get as close to those humanoids without being spotted."

Mason and his accompanying squadmember keep an eye out for the Scout Eye while creeping closer to the humanoids in the clearing, crouching or going prone (crawling) whenever possible for minimum exposure.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #948 on: April 17, 2012, 04:43:15 pm »

Quote from: a while before this
[Aux roll: 1] You attempt to bring the drone in for a quick skim of the clearing, hopefully drawing attention to it before flying back out and away. What you actually end up doing is flying the drone straight into the irregular object in the center of the clearing. The drone's feed goes dark and you hear a dull metallic ring as it smashes itself to pieces on the unknown structure.
Your scout eyes are broken. You saw them break. They're not getting any better.

Adrian follows Mason, and checks if his recon eye is still functional. If so, he brings it back to him. He also scans the second clearing for anyone he knows,
Your Scout eye isn't functional anymore so you follow Mason as he heads back toward the open plains. After a while of walking you come to a break in the tree cover; a clearing. A clearing with an irregular metal thing in the center, surrounded by humanoid figures. 

"Okay, what the F-...

This is getting weirder and weirder. Alright, since we can't contact the squad, lets get as close to those humanoids without being spotted."

Mason and his accompanying squadmember keep an eye out for the Scout Eye while creeping closer to the humanoids in the clearing, crouching or going prone (crawling) whenever possible for minimum exposure.

You and Adrian fall prone and begin to very slowly inch closer to the figures in the clearing. You make it about half way to them before stopping for another look. They're definitely wearing suits like yours and they look very human. You can't really tell, but there seems to be several laying on the ground.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: Hedge Maze from Hell.
« Reply #949 on: April 17, 2012, 04:44:52 pm »

Adrian thinks for a moment, then says to Mason "Lets see... Do you have a scout eye?"

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: April 17, 2012, 04:55:51 pm »

"Uh....What fire now?"
Take the mildly used clip out of my gun and toss it toward the middle of the weird zone.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #951 on: April 17, 2012, 05:03:01 pm »

Adrian thinks for a moment, then says to Mason "Lets see... Do you have a scout eye?"
I'll save you a turn and tell you he does not.

"Uh....What fire now?"
Take the mildly used clip out of my gun and toss it toward the middle of the weird zone.
You take the magazine from your rifle and toss it over your shoulder into the large clearing behind you. It lands with a small puff of dirt and then lays still. The gray shapes around the structure on the other side of the clearing begin to stir, standing and revealing themselves to be people wearing the same kind of suit you are. They start walking slowly toward you and Faith.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: April 17, 2012, 05:17:20 pm »

".....shit"
Scramble for the other clip in my pocket, loading it into my rifle. Then aim at the figures.
"Don't move!"
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: April 17, 2012, 05:18:15 pm »

Within a couple hours, Elizas is done writing. He looks through, roughly two-thirds of the notebook's paper are covered in extremely eloquent cursive. He flips to the front of the notebook and titles it:

Final Lament:
An Opera of Philosophy, Truth and Revelation

-Written By Elizas C. Roxine

He speaks, "Can I publish this work?"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: April 17, 2012, 05:18:58 pm »

Are all four of us looking at the same clearing?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #955 on: April 17, 2012, 05:30:38 pm »

".....shit"
Scramble for the other clip in my pocket, loading it into my rifle. Then aim at the figures.
"Don't move!"
You load your gauss rifle and drop to one knee, aiming it at the slowly advancing figures. You toggle the external speakers switch and shout "Don't Move!"

The figures continue to advance, slowly and seemingly without noticing you. The lead figure reaches the magazine you threw into the clearing and stops to stare at it. The other figures do the same, clustering around the foreign thing.

Within a couple hours, Elizas is done writing. He looks through, roughly two-thirds of the notebook's paper are covered in extremely eloquent cursive. He flips to the front of the notebook and titles it:

Final Lament:
An Opera of Philosophy, Truth and Revelation

-Written By Elizas C. Roxine

He speaks, "Can I publish this work?"
>Bring it to the Armory master, she'll handle it.

Are all four of us looking at the same clearing?
Nope. You're on other sides of the map. They're looking at a clearing in the grass, you're in the middle of a forest. Map is here. You're the yellow dot, they're the blue one, Victor is purple, and the ship is orange.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, that shouldn't really matter since going off and looking for them if they were around would require using knowledge from the metagame. Which is a no no.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: April 17, 2012, 05:32:49 pm »

"Both are fine, although I am more interested in the subjective time."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: April 17, 2012, 05:37:22 pm »

Adrian looks at his hands for a bit, scared. He looks into the field, rationalizes to himself and says"Hey, Mason? I'm going in. Why would they even be aggressive?" With those (hopefully not final) words, he heads into the field, rifle at his side.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #958 on: April 17, 2012, 05:40:51 pm »

"Both are fine, although I am more interested in the subjective time."
Woops

>Subjectively, I believe it's been about 18 months.

Adrian looks at his hands for a bit, scared. He looks into the field, rationalizes to himself and says"Hey, Mason? I'm going in. Why would they even be aggressive?" With those (hopefully not final) words, he heads into the field, rifle at his side.

You stand up from where you're laying prone with Mason and walk toward the figures around the metal object, your hands raised in what you hope is a universal sign of "I mean you no harm." The figures, definitely men in space suits like your own, turn and watch you approach. A few raise their hands to match your own, while most stand or sit around impassively.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: April 17, 2012, 05:41:30 pm »

"Uhh, what's up? Adrian says to the men in the field.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 1256