Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943653 times)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: Have space suit, will die horribly.
« Reply #930 on: April 17, 2012, 02:11:30 pm »

((Yeah, that was just flavor dialogue))

Suggest to Mason's partner that we head to the other team to warn them of our discovery, regarding the odd ship-structure and the humanoids we discovered. If it turns out to be hostiles, we'd be vastly outnumbered and outgunned. (I'm not a combat character, besides psychokinetics)
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #931 on: April 17, 2012, 02:26:11 pm »

Leave the pill in an inconspicuous overly viewable and interesting location that is not me.
((I am interested in the "location that is not me" part. So did she consider keeping that pill inside her somewhere?))

Milno walks around.

"Hey Steve. What other purposes does this ship serve aside from punishing bad boys and girls?"
>Mainly that, but it is a warship. If the time comes we may be called in to participate in full scale conflicts. Better hope not though, they've got even lower odds  of survival then these missions.

((Nothing in the usual sense, Milno. I just don't like large blue pills.  :P))

Search for some trove of information about this ship.

Stand to the side and whistle in a merry tune if I do not find anything.

[intelligence roll:2] You search all over the ship, looking for some sort of convenient pile of secret documents detailing hidden aspects of the ship. You find nothing of the sort. Failing at that you stand off to one side and begin try to whistle a merry tune. [Misc roll:2] You forgot, you don't know how to whistle.

((Yeah, that was just flavor dialogue))

Suggest to Mason's partner that we head to the other team to warn them of our discovery, regarding the odd ship-structure and the humanoids we discovered. If it turns out to be hostiles, we'd be vastly outnumbered and outgunned. (I'm not a combat character, besides psychokinetics)
You click your radio over to Adrian's frequency and suggest that you both head back and warn the others about what you found.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: April 17, 2012, 02:31:16 pm »

Elisaz makes his way to the Armory. "Do you have paper and writing utensils?"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: April 17, 2012, 02:32:28 pm »

Search for the Galley, to both ignore my lack of doing anything successful of late and to hold back my melancholy through a good meal.

Is there a good meal? Yes.

((Please not cannibalism...))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #934 on: April 17, 2012, 02:44:18 pm »

Elisaz makes his way to the Armory. "Do you have paper and writing utensils?"
The Armory Master slides a note book of looseleaf paper and a few pens out to you.

Search for the Galley, to both ignore my lack of doing anything successful of late and to hold back my melancholy through a good meal.

Is there a good meal? Yes.

((Please not cannibalism...))
You head to the rec/mess hall and order something to eat. They bring you a rather thick cut of some sort of boneless meat along with a side of vegetables and a glass of something blue and viscous.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: April 17, 2012, 02:56:01 pm »

Milno snickers.

"Somehow, that does not surprise me one bit. Most of this ship is off limits to us anyway. Now, may I know what is the class of this ship and if it houses traditional soldiers and mercenaries as well?
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: April 17, 2012, 02:59:27 pm »

Analyze food.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: April 17, 2012, 03:01:48 pm »

Analyze food.
((Please make it human flesh if she rolls 1. Bonus points if those are the remains of my arm or the limbs of some other bastard.))
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 03:17:35 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: April 17, 2012, 03:06:55 pm »

Elisaz takes the paper and pens, heading over to the mess hall. He pulls out a chair, sits down on it, and plops the items onto the table. Opening the notebook, he clicks a pen and begins furiously writing.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: April 17, 2012, 03:09:20 pm »

((They were stated to protect from heat. The suits are insulated enough for Ivan to spray molten metal over his leg without caring about the heat, because he could not feel it. Nor be hurt by it, of course.
((Right, right. I knew it might have been stated, but I had totally forgotten the molten metal everywhere bit.))

The main problem is that even it really is a hallucination, Faith may still be screwed if she follows the "just hallucination, gonna ignore it" logic.
((Yeah. Plus, that might not even be physically possible (for her) if it starts inflicting actual pain.))

Edit: Oh, wait. She'll die anywyay.))
((Goddamnit.))

Release Ivan. Then grab him by shoulders again.

"The fire! Can you see the fire? It's just an illusion, right?!"

"GUYS!" she shouts over her comm again, "CAN YOU SEE THE FIRE?!"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #940 on: April 17, 2012, 03:24:28 pm »

Milno snickers.

"Somehow, that does not surprise me one bit. Most of this ship is off limits to us anyway. Now, may I know what is the class of this ship and if it houses traditional soldiers and mercenaries as well?
>This is a class 3 Carrier retrofitted with a hell of a lot more weapons systems then you'd expect. We can't quite destroy a planet, but we can make large sections of it very uncomfortable to inhabit. As per soldiers, no. But we do have lots and lots and lots of people like you. Dozens of Stasis bays worth.

Analyze food.
[intelligence roll:6] You stare deeply into the food, deciphering its mysteries.

"REVEAL YOUR SECRETS!" You scream as you glare at the meat. It looks like some sort of synthetic meat, probably from those "Food Beasts" you've heard about; great masses of tender muscle with no bones and few organs, genetically designed to be eaten.  The Blue liquid is probably some sort of supersaturated fluid mixture of water, vitamins, stimulants and antibiotics. It smells very sugary.

Elisaz takes the paper and pens, heading over to the mess hall. He pulls out a chair, sits down on it, and plops the items onto the table. Opening the notebook, he clicks a pen and begins furiously writing.
You take your new bounty of writing materials and head to the mess hall, taking a seat at one of the prefab tables with it's attached benches on either side. You open the notebook, click the pen, and begin to write at a furious pace.

((They were stated to protect from heat. The suits are insulated enough for Ivan to spray molten metal over his leg without caring about the heat, because he could not feel it. Nor be hurt by it, of course.
((Right, right. I knew it might have been stated, but I had totally forgotten the molten metal everywhere bit.))

The main problem is that even it really is a hallucination, Faith may still be screwed if she follows the "just hallucination, gonna ignore it" logic.
((Yeah. Plus, that might not even be physically possible (for her) if it starts inflicting actual pain.))

Edit: Oh, wait. She'll die anywyay.))
((Goddamnit.))

Release Ivan. Then grab him by shoulders again.

"The fire! Can you see the fire? It's just an illusion, right?!"

"GUYS!" she shouts over her comm again, "CAN YOU SEE THE FIRE?!"
You let go of Ivan just long enough to spin him around and grab his shoulders. "The fire! Can you see the fire? It's just an illusion, right?!" you yell, shaking him.

"GUYS!" You shout over the radio "CAN YOU SEE THE FIRE?!"

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: April 17, 2012, 03:31:18 pm »

Attempt to contact the rest of the crew via radio, and stealthily head over to the nearest group while contemplating what he's analyzed and witnessed so far. "None of this is adding up..."

Hopefully my high intelligence and willpower will help me break the illusion a bit, or get some sort of hint on what the hell is going on.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: April 17, 2012, 03:32:13 pm »

Feyri looked around to check for any hidden cameras or people. Luckily, there were none as far as she could see.

It was fun monologuing.

Eat yon food.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: April 17, 2012, 03:41:21 pm »

Milno purposefully giggled at Feyri's behavior loud enough for her to hear while standing with his back against the wall right outside the mess room. He then resumed his chat with Steve.

"I think you are actually pretty helpful if asked the right questions. Which remembers me, when was the last time this ship faced a true battle?"
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 03:55:57 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #944 on: April 17, 2012, 04:23:52 pm »

Milno purposefully giggled at Feyri's behavior loud enough for her to hear while standing with his back against the wall right outside the mess room. He then resumed his chat with Steve.

"I think you are actually pretty helpful if asked the right questions. Which remembers me, when was the last time this ship faced a true battle?"

>Objective time or Subjective time? Flying around at relativistic speeds is bad for time keeping.

Feyri looked around to check for any hidden cameras or people. Luckily, there were none as far as she could see.

It was fun monologuing.

Eat yon food.
You eat the food and down the glass of blue whatever it is. It's not bad.

Attempt to contact the rest of the crew via radio, and stealthily head over to the nearest group while contemplating what he's analyzed and witnessed so far. "None of this is adding up..."

Hopefully my high intelligence and willpower will help me break the illusion a bit, or get some sort of hint on what the hell is going on.
You attempt to contact the rest of the group but get only static in response. You swear a bit under your breath and head back the way you came, trying to make your way out of the woods. You walk for a while, then a while longer; it seems farther this time. Eventually you come to a break in the trees and look out across the...wait a second. The break in the trees isn't the edge of the forest, it's a clearing. A clearing with an irregular shaped piece of metal in the center and a group of humanoid figures clustered around it. Uh oh. 
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 1256