Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943871 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: Have space suit, will die horribly.
« Reply #885 on: April 16, 2012, 09:53:15 pm »

"Can you guys hear me?" Faith said over the comm, "It looks like those bubbles are some sort of zen gardens. Points for being a dreamworld or hallucination, I guess.

It's also possible it's someone's back yard or art exhibit, so I'd recommend not messing anything up if you can help it."

Check the clearing directly north of this one, then head towards the secondary objective located in what should be yet another clearing. Do not enter clearing.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: April 16, 2012, 09:53:47 pm »

((The doctor does not want you to leave.  :P))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: April 16, 2012, 09:59:48 pm »

"Transmission recieved."Walk towards the clearing, rifle ready.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #888 on: April 16, 2012, 10:29:13 pm »

"Have you heard of me?"
>Let me guess, another sociopath with a god complex?

"Can you guys hear me?" Faith said over the comm, "It looks like those bubbles are some sort of zen gardens. Points for being a dreamworld or hallucination, I guess.

It's also possible it's someone's back yard or art exhibit, so I'd recommend not messing anything up if you can help it."

Check the clearing directly north of this one, then head towards the secondary objective located in what should be yet another clearing. Do not enter clearing.
You move to the next clearing, dragging Ivan along with you. The second clearing is much the same as the first, bare, clear of any plant life, and marked with something in the center. This one lacks the patterns of the first, instead it's almost perfectly smooth, as though the dirt has been polished. In the center rests a short stack of books.

You carry on toward the target, moving cautiously through the grass till you reach the edge of the clearing. This one is larger, much larger, to the point that you can't see the boundaries clearly. Far off, near the edge of it, you can see something, some sort of structure. It looks to be about 5 meter's high, but it's hard to judge from this distance. Around the base of the structure you can see what look like small boulders arranged at regular intervals.   

"Transmission recieved."Walk towards the clearing, rifle ready.
You step into the forest, Mason trailing behind you, and walk toward the clearing. Everything seems very calm, almost eerily so. None of the normal life found in a forest is here and even the trees seem strangely false. After a few minutes of walking you reach the edge of the clearing.  There's something large, metallic and irregular standing near the center of the clearing and you can make out humanoid figures clustered around it. They look to be wearing the same sort of suit that you are.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: April 16, 2012, 10:48:34 pm »

" Faith! I believe we found another ship!" Adrian says over the radio.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #890 on: April 16, 2012, 10:56:56 pm »

You get only static in response

>Everyone else besides Mason
From now till next I say, you get none of his or Mason's radio broadcasts.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: April 16, 2012, 10:59:22 pm »

((This looks promising. As a note, my F5 button actually popped out of the laptop's keyboard. Luckily it is reattachable and I am working on it.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: April 16, 2012, 11:07:34 pm »

Adrian sends his recon eye on a scouting mission towards the people.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #893 on: April 16, 2012, 11:28:34 pm »

Adrian sends his recon eye on a scouting mission towards the people.
[Aux roll:3] You send the scout eye off toward the people  gathered around the irregular metal thing. Your attempt at a slow flyby is bungled when you fat finger in a few extra zeros on the speed settings and hurl the drone over head at ballistic speeds. You can't make out much from the blur of a video feed it sends back, but you're fairly certain that the metal thing isn't a spaceship, at least not an intact one, and that among the humanoids, several are laying on the ground.

The humanoid figures notice your flyby and immediately begin scanning the treeline, waving their arms.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: April 16, 2012, 11:29:25 pm »

((Oh shit.))

Head back to smooth clearing. Examine ground closely- could I step on it without leaving an impression?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: April 16, 2012, 11:43:46 pm »

Ooh, I think I get it! Or I get something, at least. Maybe I've half got-it? I dunno, probably not, really.
I think I had a dream that was partially about/inspired by this game. :o I hardly remember any of it, but there was something about my character being shredded horribly beyond recognition and needing near full-body prosthetics...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: April 16, 2012, 11:53:47 pm »

I think I had a dream that was partially about/inspired by this game. :o I hardly remember any of it, but there was something about my character being shredded horribly beyond recognition and needing near full-body prosthetics...
((You may have the gift of clairvoyance. Congratulations.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #897 on: April 17, 2012, 12:14:04 am »

((Oh shit.))

Head back to smooth clearing. Examine ground closely- could I step on it without leaving an impression?

You and Ivan head back to the smooth clearing and take a close look at the ground. It's definitely dirt from what you can see, flattened and smoothed. [intuition roll:5] You're fairly certain, if this dirt follows the rules of dirt in the normal world, that stepping on it will leave an impression, at least a small one.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: April 17, 2012, 12:18:34 am »

"Urgh. Do not want to mess up this dirt, but if those are real books..."

Return to larger clearing. Examine dirt there, to see if it will react to being stepped on.

"Guys, I'm beginning to have second thoughts about the medic being all on her own. No offense, Ivan."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: April 17, 2012, 12:42:23 am »

"Goddamn it, the radio's down" Adrian says to his partner. He then sends the Recon Drone into the forests away from him and the main base, trying to get the other humanoids to follow it.

OOC:Does the Drone have sound broadcast capabilities?
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 1256