Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 612 613 [614] 615 616 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3947122 times)

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Choosing teams
« Reply #9195 on: November 18, 2012, 05:52:03 pm »

"Don't. There could be alarms set to wrong answers for a password. Just hit cancel, and let's open the door via Monatomic razor."
"No then people will think their being attacked and p-p-panic."
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9196 on: November 18, 2012, 05:54:41 pm »

Look over the people proceeding inside.

((Pieceiwse, you never told me whether the suit has external voice amplification or not. ))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #9197 on: November 18, 2012, 05:55:04 pm »

"Oh yeah, or we could just blow the door up.  I think that means we'll need to post a couple guards here, make sure nothing gets out."
Stand back from the door 'til Jim's finished.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9198 on: November 18, 2012, 05:58:14 pm »

Stand back from the door while Jim melts it down.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9199 on: November 18, 2012, 05:59:37 pm »

Continue defending the hall. Once the door pops open, watch for hostiles. Wave to May.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 06:02:14 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #9200 on: November 18, 2012, 06:17:18 pm »

"Well, that seals it. They were trying to escape."

"Hey UWM guy, do you want us to do something about the bodies? Or are you going to take care of that?"

Flint hoped they received their last rites before they were probably disposed of or dissected. He would suggest Lars would do it, but the bodies were too many (plus he didn't seem like the right man for the job, praying to a ship and all). Best to move. Maybe there was enough time to save others.

"Also do you like us to call you something, like commander? Because UWM guy doesn't sound right."

Ask UWM guy and then search the room for some kind of shipping manifest or arrival log. If that doesn't exist check to see if I can find anything out of place, like a container that stands out from the rest or the newest container there. Failing that move on to check the hallway.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 06:20:43 pm by Parisbre56 »

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #9201 on: November 18, 2012, 06:22:37 pm »

Continue checking the hanger area for anything out of the ordinary. Check any ships and see if they can be accessed through any holes that have been cut into them. See if any of the craft are armed. Set laser rifle to high-energy beam.

"Probably best not to blow away some poor bastard on our team that's in the general direction I'm firing", thinks Sambo to himself.

"I'm going to check around the ships and the rest of the hangar", states Sambo with extreme obviousness over open comms. "Maybe the ships killed these civvies? Maybe they were the ones who started the shit in the first place?"
It's a game. Have fun.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9202 on: November 18, 2012, 06:30:37 pm »

"Poor sods"

Look around the room for anything interesting, out of place or potentially dangerous/expensive
Well, lets see, there are dozens of corpses, a gashed up spaceship with a big goddamn crater where the entrance hatch use to be, and you have no idea of the cause of any of this because there are no weapons around, at least out here outside the ship.

"Their's only one logical route to take!"
Knock on the door.
You knock on he door to the quarantine housing. Nothing happens.

((Hmm, is my armor better than Milno's? If so, by what degree?))

Attempt to unlock kinetic amps in hands, stand well back from the rest of the team in case something goes awry.

'I'll just take a minute to try and activate my built-in kinetic amps. Better do it now, before the fighting begins, you know? I'll join you guys shortly.'
[aux:5+1]
It looks like the amps aren't activated in the suit, they're physically not hooked up and active yet, you'd need to get out and open up the hands to activate them.

Jim opens the quarantine door via melting it and goes on through. If questioned by any civilians inside, he will pretend to be an actual robot there to transport them to the personal carrier and get them out.

(Well, the plan I had fell apart instantly since everyone's just going to quarantine... >.<)
[exo:5+1+1-2 decomp]
You walk by Mesk and Kyle, push Bruce to the side and stand in front of the door. A white hot point of light appears on the door and begins tracing a large circle, leaving a molten gash behind it until it has cut a 7 foot tall circle into the door. You crack your knuckles and give the cut away section a good shove and it falls inward into the housing area beyond. It is pitch black beyond the door.

Look over the people proceeding inside.

((Pieceiwse, you never told me whether the suit has external voice amplification or not. ))

(I said you had external speakers and control of the volume of those speakers. Ie turn the volume up.)

Stand back from the door while Jim melts it down.
"Oh yeah, or we could just blow the door up.  I think that means we'll need to post a couple guards here, make sure nothing gets out."
Stand back from the door 'til Jim's finished.
You stand back as jim works his space magic.

"Well, that seals it. They were trying to escape."

"Hey UWM guy, do you want us to do something about the bodies? Or are you going to take care of that?"

Flint hoped they received their last rites before they were probably disposed of or dissected. He would suggest Lars would do it, but the bodies were too many (plus he didn't seem like the right man for the job, praying to a ship and all). Best to move. Maybe there was enough time to save others.

"Also do you like us to call you something, like commander? Because UWM guy doesn't sound right."

Ask UWM guy and then search the room for some kind of shipping manifest or arrival log. If that doesn't exist check to see if I can find anything out of place, like a container that stands out from the rest or the newest container there. Failing that move on to check the hallway.
"Do not worry about the bodies. Worry only about the living."

You're not sure where any information about the ship would be but it's not down here. There's a control booth up on the wall, connected to the catwalks, which might have something, plus the ship itself might have something inside, though getting over that gap into the entrance hatch might be tricky.

Continue checking the hanger area for anything out of the ordinary. Check any ships and see if they can be accessed through any holes that have been cut into them. See if any of the craft are armed. Set laser rifle to high-energy beam.

"Probably best not to blow away some poor bastard on our team that's in the general direction I'm firing", thinks Sambo to himself.

"I'm going to check around the ships and the rest of the hangar", states Sambo with extreme obviousness over open comms. "Maybe the ships killed these civvies? Maybe they were the ones who started the shit in the first place?"
There are no holes in any ships except the one in the loading and unloading section. None of them are armed, at least as far as you can see.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #9203 on: November 18, 2012, 06:34:38 pm »

"Lamps on.  Thomas, you wanna take point?"
On the lamp.  Peek inside.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9204 on: November 18, 2012, 06:36:16 pm »

"I will."

Jim activates his lamps and walks in first, taking point.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9205 on: November 18, 2012, 06:37:14 pm »

Thomas cringes a little at the sound of the door collapsing, then heads into the hall.
"If Jims got point, I'll take rear. I've got a scope on here, and I want to use that."
Head into the hallway, take cover by the door. Follow the others, take rear. Lamps on.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #9206 on: November 18, 2012, 06:44:38 pm »

"Hello anyone here?"
Light lamps, take middle.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9207 on: November 18, 2012, 06:46:42 pm »

((Hmm, is my armor better than Milno's? If so, by what degree?))
((Well, in fact the GM said your armor is better than everyone else's except Milno's. Which means Milno has better protection, probably due to the Avatar's cloak.

Also, posting when I catch up to this. 20 people in a mission cause a true mess and trouble for me to keep up when I'm studying for tests and whatnot...))

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #9208 on: November 18, 2012, 06:49:18 pm »

Go to the control booth and check for useful info. Also, see if I can move the ship so that it's more easily accessible.

"Hey, can any of you guys that can fly, levitate, are giant robots or whatever check the inside of the ship? Might have some clues as to what caused this."

"Also can anybody who knows how to operate these infernal machines come help me with this control booth?"

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9209 on: November 18, 2012, 06:51:58 pm »

Turn on the suit's lamp(s), shine a light into the darkness. Enter along with Milno/Jim should one of them decide to do so.
Pages: 1 ... 612 613 [614] 615 616 ... 1256