Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 744 745 [746] 747 748 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944807 times)

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Death and Butts
« Reply #11175 on: January 02, 2013, 06:41:02 pm »

((Perhaps, but unless your character is psychic, I'm reasonably sure you couldn't hear Kyle's thoughts.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11176 on: January 02, 2013, 06:46:04 pm »

(That's the problem with some people using italics to talk and others not using quotation marks. >.< You end up with psychic robots.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11177 on: January 02, 2013, 06:50:44 pm »

((Perhaps, but unless your character is psychic, I'm reasonably sure you couldn't hear Kyle's thoughts.))

((...

Nevermind, then. Though the list of possible infected stands.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11178 on: January 02, 2013, 07:10:58 pm »

((Well, shit. I didn't want it to end so soon.))

[Team B Leader=Milno]

"Well, I'm boned." Milno answers, taking his guns back and sitting on the ground. "Well, you know the drill. Thomas, go and talk to the people in my place, but leave your weapons and also anything you may have that may get them to associate you with the police. If I go now they'll freak out."

He sighs and crosses his arms behind his head. "Don't be a wuss this time. If you keep acting like a frightened little animal, I'll let smartass have the lead when and if I get incapacitated."

Get weapons back and wait for the result of diplomacy.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #11179 on: January 02, 2013, 07:35:23 pm »

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"Already saw him, Simus."
Follow the running man at a distance, keep an eye on him.  Hope really hard my new body is immune to disease.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #11180 on: January 02, 2013, 09:01:12 pm »

"Faith, are you ok? You seem to have a bit of a cough there. Is it just a normal 'I smoke too much' cough, or is it serious? Was it something the old guy said?"

Shoot old man in his right shin with a pistol.

"Look buddy, we're done with fucking around. You can go the hell upstairs to safety, or I can just keep shooting you. I don't really care which. Now answer our bloody questions, then I'll send you on your way."

((Backing away without answering questions. That's sort-of resisting.))
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 09:03:17 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11181 on: January 02, 2013, 09:15:03 pm »

((I'd hate doing this, but could someone fill me in on the recent happenings on Team C? My net went all haywire in the past weeks, and I had trouble connecting most of the time. Including Holiday activities, that left...little time to do anything on Bay12.

Thanks in advance.))

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11182 on: January 02, 2013, 09:15:29 pm »

Sending a private message to the rest of his squad, Kyle noted

"It's strange that the infection progresses this quickly though, a natural disease would take at least a few days for the effects to show. We might be dealing with a bioweapon of some sort here."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11183 on: January 02, 2013, 09:32:09 pm »

((I'd hate doing this, but could someone fill me in on the recent happenings on Team C?))
((Well, let's see. I'll start from the moment we arrived on this level. This is what happened if I remember correctly: We entered Housing block C. Nearly everything was burned and/or covered in ash. We found a doctor in an unburnt area wearing a bio-hazard suit, wielding a jury rigged flamethrower made from chemical lab components and stabbed near the heart. I found a data chip in the same building with an email saying the doctors were coming to treat the people of C block. You examined the doctor but found nothing on him and no sign of the disease. Miyamoto found a building, probably a radio station, where music was transmitted from. Me Stacy and Spoonman are currently investigating the radio station. Miyamoto is searching another street. And people who got a breach in their suits are beginning to display symptoms of the plague. So consider yourself lucky for having that shield when you were shot.))
((Am I forgetting something?))

((EDIT:fixed spelling errors.))
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 05:03:37 pm by Parisbre56 »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11184 on: January 03, 2013, 01:18:56 am »

"Well, I'm boned." Milno answers, taking his guns back and sitting on the ground. "Well, you know the drill. Thomas, go and talk to the people in my place, but leave your weapons and also anything you may have that may get them to associate you with the police. If I go now they'll freak out."
Thomas glances around for a moment, then nods at Milno.
"Alright."
He unhooked his power pack, then handed it alongside his rifle to Milno. The monoatomic razor follows, as does the body armor he'd borrowed. Anything else, save the armor he'd made, also goes to Milno. After taking a deep breath, he approached the door again, hands up.
"Hello? Are you still interested in getting out?"

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11185 on: January 03, 2013, 01:32:27 am »

((Oh dear. Both Milno and Faith have had their suits either punctured or opened in here.))

"Oh, no." Jobasio drew in a hushed breath as he, too, heard the coughing.
"Captain Faith... I am really unsure what would be the best course of action, here." Naturally, he was careful to keep his comms-speak between just he and the squad. "I suppose Command could have some form of treatment for this; it's hardly likely they would let us know about it with the amount of other information they've withheld."

He shifted his grip on his gauss rifle, patting it in a soothing manner as though it was alive as he glanced left and right, thoughtful.
"But, myself, I find it far more likely they would simply kill you-- or any of us who become infected-- to nip any second contagion in the bud and save themselves the trouble. I know little of medicine, Captain, is there any way you could... I don't know, slow the effects of the disease? Hide it until we can get you back aboard the Sword, outside of Command's power? Not that I'm certain the AI would be much better."

Finally, he glanced up at the window he was next to. "One more thing... This old man, he saw the Captain coughing, correct?"
Jobasio frowned grimly, raised his rifle with both hands gripping the barrel and swung it to smash the window. "I don't believe it would be at all wise to let him spread that particular knowledge around. I am sure Sambo would agree."

>Bla bla bla bla, smash window with the stock of my rifle and climb inside.

>Aid Sambo in 'subduing' the old dude.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11186 on: January 03, 2013, 01:46:34 am »

Over open comms (except Command): 'to the infected people: I know it looks bad, but remember we have an incredible, if crazy, doctor on board who might be able to cure, or at least halt, this disease. And even if he can't, this pathogen doesn't seem to infect the brain in any way, so we could still just take your brains with us and put 'em in a robot or synthflesh body. Hell, look at Jim, his frigging head got blown off, yet he doesn't show any sign of disease at all. So yeah, just keep focused on the mission and don't let your worrrying get in the way.'

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11187 on: January 03, 2013, 02:07:28 am »

Faith responded over Commandless comms:

"I'm not worried about once I'm on ship, I'm worried about getting to the ship. Command here doesn't want infected "materials" getting out. Also I don't want to be a brain.

And Command can see and possibly hear us anyway, the old man isn't going to tell him anything he doesn't already know. Plus, I doubt they're that efficient with interrogations."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11188 on: January 03, 2013, 02:59:58 am »

((Hopefully the infected people would be allowed to leave since you're all on what amounts to a death penalty anyway.
However, judging by the combined firepower (especially in regards to MFMs and Amps that can ignore the armor of APCs) you guys have, if Command refuses to let you leave, a coordinated assault on the APCs could kill Command before they can shock you all. However all the civilians would be in those APCs as well. So in that scenario, in order to leave, you end up killing every credible witness thus covering up the entire incident.
Thus if the group responsible for the outbreak has any influence on Command, they might convince Command to prevent you leaving.[/paranoia]))
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 03:09:09 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11189 on: January 03, 2013, 03:07:16 am »

Miyamoto, Jim's braincase, which is in his chest, wasn't damaged. His brain is still sealed from the environment, so he's not a good example of the virus supposedly not affecting the brain. Which it would, at the very least, it would be present, even if it weren't causing damage. The presence alone would be cause for quarantine, which is another possibility for Command getting those of us who are infected out, just prevent them from being exposed outside the colony. Which, with the APCs handy, shouldn't be an issue.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 744 745 [746] 747 748 ... 1256