Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 745 746 [747] 748 749 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944508 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Death and Butts
« Reply #11190 on: January 03, 2013, 03:26:20 am »

"God damn it, Simus. Don't be telling people where our weak spots are."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11191 on: January 03, 2013, 03:37:33 am »

Miyamoto, Jim's braincase, which is in his chest, wasn't damaged. His brain is still sealed from the environment, so he's not a good example of the virus supposedly not affecting the brain. Which it would, at the very least, it would be present, even if it weren't causing damage. The presence alone would be cause for quarantine, which is another possibility for Command getting those of us who are infected out, just prevent them from being exposed outside the colony. Which, with the APCs handy, shouldn't be an issue.

Over a personal line: 'Simus, I was just trying to put these people at ease, I'd thought you'd figure that out. Besides, as far as I have seen, this pathogen doesn't target nerve tissue, but rather lungs, so the idea still stands. Wether Command will let us walk out of here is a problem to handle when it presents itself eventually, and up untill then, we need to stay focused. And people tend to get distracted when they think they're gonna die anyway.'

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11192 on: January 03, 2013, 04:38:21 am »

Back over the personal line: If you want to put them at ease, here's a slightly more truthful version: The type and extensiveness of damage we've seen on the plague corpses takes time, and a good amount of it, not to mention the fact that we do not know at what stage of the infection it begins in, but I am reasonably sure that it will not begin until the condition is much more advanced. It would be unprecedented for a disease that spreads via fluids expelled from the lungs to destroy them until it has run most of its path. Otherwise, it would have such a short period of time to be infectious that it could hardly be considered a plague. And while they should still be considered a bio-hazard, along with the rest of the body, we've yet to see evidence of the infection targeting neural tissues.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11193 on: January 03, 2013, 08:34:37 am »

'Good points, but remember that we still really don't know that much about this decease, so it's still very possible that it operates in a way we haven't seen before.

And by the way, how can you be 100% that Jim's braincase wasn't breached? Your brains still need nutrients and oxygen, so if a component of that got compromised, he's still at risk. Although I have to admit I don't really know much about the interior design of your robot bodies. I should study them in more detail once we get back on ship, for future reference.

The bare thruth sure has its own rights my friend, I just don't really feel that this is the time nor the place for it.'

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11194 on: January 03, 2013, 03:41:39 pm »

Team A

Jim continues to wait. If the men walking forward seem hostile or do something hostile, he'll fling them to the ground with his amp.

Hey, Mesk. One of the people just rushed out. Keep an eye on him.

Simus waits with Jim to see if the others return.

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"Already saw him, Simus."
Follow the running man at a distance, keep an eye on him.  Hope really hard my new body is immune to disease.

The running man, persued by Mesk, runs all the way back to the entrance and hops into one of the apc's of his own accord. Helpful. The rest of the people in the building slowly filter out over the course of a few minutes, dragging children and bits of luggage with them. They all slowly make their way to the apc's under the team's watchful, if sparse, eyes.

Team B

((Well, shit. I didn't want it to end so soon.))

[Team B Leader=Milno]

"Well, I'm boned." Milno answers, taking his guns back and sitting on the ground. "Well, you know the drill. Thomas, go and talk to the people in my place, but leave your weapons and also anything you may have that may get them to associate you with the police. If I go now they'll freak out."

He sighs and crosses his arms behind his head. "Don't be a wuss this time. If you keep acting like a frightened little animal, I'll let smartass have the lead when and if I get incapacitated."

Get weapons back and wait for the result of diplomacy.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)

"Well, I'm boned." Milno answers, taking his guns back and sitting on the ground. "Well, you know the drill. Thomas, go and talk to the people in my place, but leave your weapons and also anything you may have that may get them to associate you with the police. If I go now they'll freak out."
Thomas glances around for a moment, then nods at Milno.
"Alright."
He unhooked his power pack, then handed it alongside his rifle to Milno. The monoatomic razor follows, as does the body armor he'd borrowed. Anything else, save the armor he'd made, also goes to Milno. After taking a deep breath, he approached the door again, hands up.
"Hello? Are you still interested in getting out?"

Milno sits down and takes a great big armful of Thomas's various killing devices before the latter heads into the building, arms raised. He enters the bottom level and as soon as he passes the front doors is swarmed by scraggly people wielding everything from civilian weapons to bits of brick. A dozen of them completely surround Thomas, immediately pull his arms behind his back and press a pistol against his helmet.

"You're here to evacuate us? Where to? A prison? Some Deathcamp the governor set up?" The man with the pistol demands, shoving the barrel into your faceplate.

Team C

Go check the next street, try to peek inside the houses if possible. Alternate between heat and normal vision.

Team D - Lukas

Lukas opens a comm to the other team leaders (excluding Faith, make sure to also exclude command):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Do/say the above

'Hmm, bad news indeed. Try to defuse the situation, those civilians might get scared or do something foolish if they fear contamination. Might be best if she moves away to let someone else do the talking, it could help calm their nerves. Be sure to mention they'll all be safe once inside the transports.
This counts for the other teams as well, make sure to isolate infected teammembers from the civilians. Another firefight is the last thing we need.'

You continue to look around but your size limits you to peeking through windows and idly scanning the street with your heat sensors. You take a look through a few of the buildings that have been more broken open by the fire but find nothing but more ash. You're about to write the area off when you notice something shifting in the ash, a dull point of heat barely brighter then the background,  flowing through the upper level of one of the buildings. It vanishes as it crawls away from the window you saw it through.

Stacy, Team C Magic Calculator User, Outside Foreboding Metal Door.

"Well, looks like I'm useless without my giant metal rod. Do you want to give it a try with your magic calculator or should I go get my suit?"

"I'll give it a try. After all, I've only used it once so far. True, it was to fry a whole bunch of people, but I haven't been a whole lot of use since then. Right, back up a bit. Scratch that, back up a lot."

Back up from door to a distance of about fifteen feet. Instruct Flint to back up further in case things go south. Melt-cut a hole about a foot in diameter out of the door.

[uncon:1+1]
You attempt to push buttons on the Field Manipulator. You miss.

You miss pressing a button.

Good job. Good job.

((looks like i missed some things during the holidays))

"I'll give it a try. After all, I've only used it once so far. True, it was to fry a whole bunch of people, but I haven't been a whole lot of use since then. Right, back up a bit. Scratch that, back up a lot."

"Want some help with that?"

If the answer is yes, help melt the door using my amp

Well...you guess you'll wait. You're not sure if massive failure is the same as saying yes to help. Probably not.

Name:Flint - Team C - Radio Building, 2nd floor, mysterious locked door

"Just be careful not to demolish the building or, I don't know, cause the universe to implode or something." ((Much more likely that anything valuable and/or alive behind the door will be destroyed if something does go wrong IMO. Where's Jim and his door melting powers when you need them?))

Stand well back. And near a window if one is available. If Stacy doesn't manage to open a hole (and doesn't die horribly and/or causes the floor/building/universe to collapse) get my suit and try to chisel/force my way in.

You sigh and walk back outside and hop into your suit. You spin the chisel in your hand as you head back up to the door and proceed to stab it repeatedly until you finally pry enough of the door to the side that you can get your hands in. You brace yourself against the wall and finish ripping your way inside.

The room beyond the door is fairly small, most of it taken up by a large broadcast desk against the far wall. A chair sits in front of the desk and in that chair sits a man. You can't really see him from here though, just the top of his head.

Team D

Team D Leader Faith, D Block

"Yeah, fuck," she responded, climbing back into her exosuit. "That means Sambo's probably in trouble too."

She paused a moment, considering how Command would react. There was no way he'd be ballsy enough to try to just condemn every one of them who got injured down here to permanent death... but he'd seemed pretty adamant about having something to hide. She doubted living virus samples were something he could allow to escape at any cost.

In short, she suspected she was in deep shit.

"Hey," she said, trying to get the man's attention. "Calm down.

Also, how fast does this disease progress, do you know?"

She turned to the rest of her squad.

"Also, you guys can go look for others if you get bored. Just try to be civil and nonthreatening, I'm guessing everyone in here is going to be lightly armed if at all."

Talk to man. Run hands over shock implant to determine size, location, and how hard it'd be to remove in the field.

You get about halfway through your question before Sambo just caps the poor guy. You give him a very angry look while running your hand over your neck. The implant seems to be imbedded in your brainstem, meaning that attempting to get it out would not only be very hard, but if you fuck it up you'd basically destroy your capacity to breath, have a heart beat and other very useful things.

((Oh dear. Both Milno and Faith have had their suits either punctured or opened in here.))

"Oh, no." Jobasio drew in a hushed breath as he, too, heard the coughing.
"Captain Faith... I am really unsure what would be the best course of action, here." Naturally, he was careful to keep his comms-speak between just he and the squad. "I suppose Command could have some form of treatment for this; it's hardly likely they would let us know about it with the amount of other information they've withheld."

He shifted his grip on his gauss rifle, patting it in a soothing manner as though it was alive as he glanced left and right, thoughtful.
"But, myself, I find it far more likely they would simply kill you-- or any of us who become infected-- to nip any second contagion in the bud and save themselves the trouble. I know little of medicine, Captain, is there any way you could... I don't know, slow the effects of the disease? Hide it until we can get you back aboard the Sword, outside of Command's power? Not that I'm certain the AI would be much better."

Finally, he glanced up at the window he was next to. "One more thing... This old man, he saw the Captain coughing, correct?"
Jobasio frowned grimly, raised his rifle with both hands gripping the barrel and swung it to smash the window. "I don't believe it would be at all wise to let him spread that particular knowledge around. I am sure Sambo would agree."

>Bla bla bla bla, smash window with the stock of my rifle and climb inside.

>Aid Sambo in 'subduing' the old dude.

Well..sambo just fucking capped that guy in the forehead so you don't think he needs any help. Well, any help subduing that guy. He needs plenty of help in other ways.

Team D - Lukas

Lukas shakes his head at Faith. "This is not good, cap. Not good at all." He pauses for a moment. "I say we should report this development and ask command for advise." He pauses again. "I say it's your call, cap. But if you start to act funny, I might reconsider." He turns to the man. "The way I see it, this is just another good reason to get you out of here asap. You know something about this disease?"

Lukas opens a comm to the other team leaders (excluding Faith, make sure to also exclude command):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Do/say the above

You broadcast the above to the team leaders, excluding faith.

"Faith, are you ok? You seem to have a bit of a cough there. Is it just a normal 'I smoke too much' cough, or is it serious? Was it something the old guy said?"

Shoot old man in his right shin with a pistol.

"Look buddy, we're done with fucking around. You can go the hell upstairs to safety, or I can just keep shooting you. I don't really care which. Now answer our bloody questions, then I'll send you on your way."

((Backing away without answering questions. That's sort-of resisting.))

[con:6+1]

You whip out your pistol and shout "OI, CALM DOWN!" before shooting the man dead between the eyes. He jerks stiff and then collapses over backwards.

"Better."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11195 on: January 03, 2013, 04:02:40 pm »

Stacy, Team C Amateur Button Pusher, In A Hallway, Currently Doing Very Good Job.

"Lo, I am shamed! I have missed both my button and my opportunity! It is indeed missed! Missed like common human decency in an inhumane captive extermination program! Sir Pancaek, why don't you give it a try?"

If Pancaek doesn't give it a try, try again. If it looks like he will indeed give it a try, run to Flint and hide.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 04:20:46 pm by Harry Baldman »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11196 on: January 03, 2013, 04:07:57 pm »

"Erm... The door is open. I opened it. Do you and Spoonman wanna go check it out while I go help the boss? The man in there looks dead anyway. I mean you would have to be preety stoned to miss a miner breaking down your door."
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 05:00:22 pm by Parisbre56 »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11197 on: January 03, 2013, 04:14:18 pm »

Thomas attempts to open up a video and audio feed of the outside, without making any moves that the civilians could see. He makes Team A the recipients of the feed.

"Probably to another planet where you can start over, but we're just here to tell you all that you can get out of here."
[Team B Leader=Milno]
"Oh, tell them we found both the governor and his daughters dead in a building on the floor above." Milno says to Thomas. "Remind them we are only trying to take them to the APCs that'll take them out of this quarantined zone."
"We'll load you onto an APC, and you'll be out of here. It's not safe here. We found the governor and his daughter dead up a level."
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 08:29:07 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11198 on: January 03, 2013, 04:22:20 pm »

"Erm... The door is open. I opened it. Do you and  Spoonman wanna go check it out while I go help the boss? The man in there looks dead anyway. I mean you would have to be preety stoned to miss a miner breaking down your door."

"Indeed! I must be stoned. Stoned like a heretic in a crowd of the pious! I will examine this possibly-dead man!"

These memory and perception issues were really beginning to bother Stacy. How could he miss that, indeed? Well, better mess around before somebody catches on.

Ready monoatomic razor and examine the person at the desk. On a scale of 1 to 13, how alive does it seem? Take a look at the radio equipment as well. Watch out for alien/mutant/plague victim traps and treachery.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 04:35:50 pm by Harry Baldman »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11199 on: January 03, 2013, 04:33:20 pm »

Name:Flint/Deeper Scum - Team C - Radio Building

@Stacy:"Actually I was talking about the dead guy, but I guess my words apply to you too. Well, I'm off, don't die while I'm away.

@Miyamoto:"I'm coming your way boss. Anything interesting yet?"

Go help Miyamoto. Obey his orders.

@Stacy:"Oh, and change that song if you can. Broadcast our intentions and then put something more upbeat. This song is as depressing as this place."
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 08:06:34 am by Parisbre56 »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11200 on: January 03, 2013, 05:07:54 pm »

((Wait, is all of Team B moving through the building right now?))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11201 on: January 03, 2013, 05:09:20 pm »

((Wait, is all of Team B moving through the building right now?))
((They're all outside, save Thomas, I think.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11202 on: January 03, 2013, 05:41:26 pm »

Well, that was easier than expected.

Search the building to ensure that nobody stayed behind. Also catalogue anything that remains that may be of use, and examine the wire I picked up from that primitive alarm.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #11203 on: January 03, 2013, 07:32:06 pm »

Go into the old guy's house. Look for any computers, datapads or communication equipment.

It's a game. Have fun.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11204 on: January 03, 2013, 08:20:42 pm »

((I still don't know how the disease works, but I also think it'll take a good amount of time until Milno's lungs dissolve. I don't want to be robotic, and this is yet another reason why I should be more wary of testing dangerous equipment in the field, especially when said field includes a generous amount of enemies. :P))

"Probably to another planet where you can start over, but we're just here to tell you all that you can get out of here."

[Team B Leader=Milno]

"Oh, tell them we found both the governor and his daughters dead in a building on the floor above." Milno says to Thomas. "Remind them we are only trying to take them to the APCs that'll take them out of this quarantined zone."

Check if the MkIII has any switch or similar trigger to activate the lid system to amputate a member and keep the suit sealed.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 745 746 [747] 748 749 ... 1256