Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Valiant Pretty Princess Soldier RTD [Turn 2: Raaaaaaage]  (Read 17315 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Valiant Pretty Princess Soldier RTD [Prologue!]
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2012, 08:45:09 pm »

Prologue

"zWhat do I want, WHAT DO I WANT! I want to be a hero , I want to be a legend, I want to save people IWANT TO BE THE GUY!" Rodrick yells before shouting at the dummy, preparing to knock it back by sheer force!
There's a palpable but small shockwave from yourself. You can feel that power Clancey was talking about!

Unfortunately, your shout fails to knock back the dummy. Well, it does, but not more than your usual manly shout.

"Aaaaarrrrrgghhh. Well, now that you've figured out how to transform a bit, you've got to master actually using your power. Try to remember how what you're doing achieves that goal of... being the guy? What does that even mean, anyway?

Well, whatever. Off you go then, but shout for the sake of Being The Guy this time."

Derek frons a little. "I suppose I have been making this kinda complicated. Simple it is. Fire should do the trick."

Fire a ball of searing plasma at the dummy.
You fire a ball of fire at the dummy, rattling it. You notice it didn't require quite as deep a... motivation, as last time.

"Good, good. Your connection to your Power is essential, but as you grow accustomed to it, it will come easier.

You should attempt to decide where you want to focus your Ability now. Experimentation is quite fine for that; we can reassemble the targets."

Faith shrugged. "All right.. I'm pretty sure I have already been visualizing how I want this thing to die..."

Faith punches the dummy, because there's no way that can fail.
You punch the dummy. It's made of hard stuff. It doesn't feel like a very forceful or magical punch.

"Ah, but are you visualizing why you want it to die? See now, you're changing some things, but keeping others the same. First many chains, then one, then a simple punch. Why? So you can avoid changing what's really wrong.

Let me put it this way, Faith: What would make you want to fight? To succeed? What do you consider actually expending effort on, on sacrificing for, even?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2012, 08:51:15 pm »

Rodrick nodded and looked at the dummy. He imagined it standing in the way to Guyhood and slowly his rage grew. When he felft he could control it no longer he yelled at the dummy, releasing all the anger he had it it standing in his way, his need to Be The Guy and his determination to be a hero. it left his moth as a "I.WANT.TO.BE.THE.GUY!!!!!!!!!"
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2012, 09:03:52 pm »

Clamping down her ears with her hands, Fifrilbus complains, stinging her words together quickly. "He's loud and it hurts and he's scary even though he's not mad at me and I want it to stop being so loud!"

She will attempt to create a sound-damping barrier around her head.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2012, 09:04:04 pm »

"Well, since we're not going anywhere for the moment, I might as well try out the trivial set."

Lets crush a dummy with some rocks, blast it with water, and slice it with some (improbably sharpened) air.

"And I suppose a bit of innovation never hurt..."

Animate the dummy or one of it's limbs.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2012, 10:26:39 pm »

((Ugh, Timezones!))

Lan thought a while, a bit longer than most, others would say. If power meant that much to her, and something that held meaning to her life, then it would be something that she regarded as one of her higher priorities. Growth...no. That would not mean anything to her. Hmm...Kira wouldn't be of much help, other than the help she was already giving so she couldn't rely on her.

Maybe...something that she lacked in much of her early days. She turned to the wolf with a smile.

"Unity!"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2012, 01:16:23 pm »

Prologue

Rodrick nodded and looked at the dummy. He imagined it standing in the way to Guyhood and slowly his rage grew. When he felft he could control it no longer he yelled at the dummy, releasing all the anger he had it it standing in his way, his need to Be The Guy and his determination to be a hero. it left his moth as a "I.WANT.TO.BE.THE.GUY!!!!!!!!!"
Your roar blasts the dummy apart in stages, the final exclamation scattering the pieces against the far wall.

"...well, that came easily. You may wish to experiment with speed or precision as well, or... hm, not sure how to describe Will. Modifying things to get ready for something else, I suppose; like laying down something flammable for a trap."

Clamping down her ears with her hands, Fifrilbus complains, stinging her words together quickly. "He's loud and it hurts and he's scary even though he's not mad at me and I want it to stop being so loud!"

She will attempt to create a sound-damping barrier around her head.
Soon the noises around you fade out, becoming slightly distorted and very muffled. You look around to see a shimmering purple and black field around you. It worked!

"Impressive! That is indeed how you use Will. I'm truly impressed, little Fifrilbus.

Now for your final test. You know your Power and you have experimented with Ability, but you have not yet fully chosen it. To do this, you must solidify your decision through use, much like uncovering your Power.

Focus on your Power, and focus on what Ability you feel suits you best. Combine them, and feel them as more than just an expression of power- feel them as everything you have, the ultimate expression of effort and will. Feel what they would feel like if your friends' lives depended on it.

Then, as with transforming, unleash this power with a name. When you know what you want in your heart and you cry out your intent to the world, there is no doubt left to stymie your power."

"Well, since we're not going anywhere for the moment, I might as well try out the trivial set."

Lets crush a dummy with some rocks, blast it with water, and slice it with some (improbably sharpened) air.

"And I suppose a bit of innovation never hurt..."

Animate the dummy or one of it's limbs.
You can't lift any of the floor tiles to strike with, you fail to conjure water, and the air isn't nearly sharp enough to do anything.

Animating a dummy doesn't work either, but for different reasons. It's like something's resisting you, so you try a piece of fallen armor. That clatters around surprisingly well, but it's not connected to anything, so the effect is somewhat less "animation" and more "object-focused telekenesis."

"Mm, do you see the difference? Attacking with air is not in your nature- not for its own sake, at least. Animating a foe to your bidding, however...

You'll have to forgive the targets, they were not designed with control attacks in mind. That said, it is certainly an application of Will.

You may wish to continue experimenting, but if not, we may move to solidifying your Ability."

Lan thought a while, a bit longer than most, others would say. If power meant that much to her, and something that held meaning to her life, then it would be something that she regarded as one of her higher priorities. Growth...no. That would not mean anything to her. Hmm...Kira wouldn't be of much help, other than the help she was already giving so she couldn't rely on her.

Maybe...something that she lacked in much of her early days. She turned to the wolf with a smile.

"Unity!"
There's sort of an updraft of power, as though a breeze had blown up through you. A slight sense of elation follows, which you're pretty sure means it worked.

Also your clothes are a bit frillier than they used to be. That's weird.

"Good, good. Now that you know what motivates you, it is time to focus on how you express that Power.

There are three Abilities that may be channeled to focus your strength. They are Strength, Skill, and Will.

Strength represents raw power, whether physical or magical, offensive or defensive. Anything that is accomplished by application of greater force is Strength.

Skill represents speed and accuracy, again in all their forms. Anything that is accomplished by virtue of speed or precision is Skill.

Will represents the will to change, whether yourself or others. Anything that is accomplished by specific alteration is Will.

Try using these Abilities with your Power, and you should start to understand."

A training dummy slides forth.

((Sorry about the long delay. Also sorry about the time differences, Tiruin. :P))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2012, 01:21:33 pm »

"It's not quite what I expected, honestly... yeah. Let's go try for ability."
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2012, 01:21:56 pm »

((I'm used to the timezone problem. Time happens.))

Using these with power. This was fairly interesting now! At least Kira wasn't playing around with her words.

Maybe...something out of the realm of material could work.

Accelerate the sliding speed of the dummy, to unhinge it's holdings and use the traction to break it.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2012, 01:47:36 pm »

"Can I use both strength and skill here? Can I use 'safeguard' again, or do I have to think of something else?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2012, 02:01:19 pm »

Prologue

"It's not quite what I expected, honestly... yeah. Let's go try for ability."
"Very well then. Your selection of Ability is best performed through action. Specifically, a much more powerful version of what you have been doing all along.

Similar to transforming, however, this requires sufficient focus and drive. It is not enough to simply decide to want it- you must, at the core of your being, desire this expense of power. It must be the utmost expression of effort, the sort of attempt one would make only in great need. You must, in short, be willing to do anything for it.

Focus on your Power, and focus on your Ability. Then focus on what matters most to you, and imagine that if you cannot succeed here, it will be destroyed. If it is not everything you have, it will not be enough. If it is, release it with a name- something that describes it well to you, for you are matching the feelings in your heart with a shout to the world, so that there is no doubt or weakness remaining."

Using these with power. This was fairly interesting now! At least Kira wasn't playing around with her words.

Maybe...something out of the realm of material could work.

Accelerate the sliding speed of the dummy, to unhinge it's holdings and use the traction to break it.
Sure enough, the dummy just keeps sliding, picking up speed but not quite falling over. You get the feeling it's a lot more stable than it looks.

"Interesting. That is indeed an expression of Will, to use a foe's movement against it. The dummy is designed to remain standing, however, and so has foiled some of your effort. Do not let it concern or dissuade you."

The dummy slides back somewhat, though the movement looks a bit rougher than when it was sliding forward.

"Can I use both strength and skill here? Can I use 'safeguard' again, or do I have to think of something else?"
"My, my, such an advanced question. Combining Abilities is possible, but for now we need to solidify just one. You will gain a chance to strengthen others- or the same one further- soon enough, though.

The name must be more descriptive than your initial transformation- you are naming it, not simply declaring yourself. What kind of safeguard, or a safeguard against or for what?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2012, 02:06:08 pm »

Observation...Willpower. The tenacity of the mind had a great effect.

Also, the colors of her dress added to the atmosphere! But what did she have to do that coincides with what she needed to do?

Run at the dummy, ending with a flying kick at the midsection and if possible, a follow up punch to whatever is above the midsection.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2012, 06:54:54 pm »

Tentatively wait-listing.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2012, 06:57:11 pm »

Robert focuses on his movation, drawing it into a aura around his fist. When he felt that the energy level was sufficent he let out a roar and sent the energy flying into a fist shape at the dummy.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2012, 04:10:06 am »

Prologue

Observation...Willpower. The tenacity of the mind had a great effect.

Also, the colors of her dress added to the atmosphere! But what did she have to do that coincides with what she needed to do?

Run at the dummy, ending with a flying kick at the midsection and if possible, a follow up punch to whatever is above the midsection.
Your flying kick rattles the helmet and arms free, meaning there's nothing to punch. The kick was definitely empowered.

"Well done. Strength."

Another dummy slides forward.

Robert focuses on his movation, drawing it into a aura around his fist. When he felt that the energy level was sufficent he let out a roar and sent the energy flying into a fist shape at the dummy.
The energy-fist crashes into the dummy, scattering it and flinging the pieces backwards.

"...well done, but that's still using Strength. You may want to try something involving speed or accuracy, or something involving specific changes or effects."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2012, 04:36:23 am »

(I haven't been posting because honestly I really don't know what Irony wants out of me. :\ If my character motivation is incompatible, then I guess I'll have to drop out or something.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8