Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 62

Author Topic: (Old Post-Apocalypse thread).  (Read 217802 times)

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
Re: ☢ Post-Apocalypse ☢ (v.0.99h) :: +enclave and fixes
« Reply #330 on: April 18, 2012, 02:13:16 pm »

Here's a good list of info for possible megabeasties and semimegabeasties:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Fallout_3_cut_creatures
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Fallout:_New_Vegas_cut_creatures

Nearly all of these were cut because they were too powerful.  That's not exactly a problem for us tho, is it?
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 18, 2012, 02:18:31 pm »

Wut, there was a creature called "abomination" for FO3 which is almost like my abomination? Similar thinking here, devs and me :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 18, 2012, 04:08:40 pm »

Ah, that Yuo Guai look-alike could be another megabeast: a bear the size of a small house seems almost right in this sort of game. I also would like to throw in http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Experimental_deathclaw#Adolescent_deathclaw]
experimental deathclaws as a megabeast, because they actualy grow in size over time and are generaly far bulkier than there slim relatives. Well, they would actualy all be experimental, but they all have that ones properties.

Also, for creatures: Radsnapping turtles sound like something that should be in Fallout Canon already (yes, Mirelurk kings are fun and all, but sometimes Radgators get boring), so a big-ol shelled beasti that actualy moves moderatly fast with a bite that can rip off anything not clad in iron armor could be a way of keeping fishing a respected job, and make sure you are forever wary of the lakes in otherwise normal irradiated zones.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 04:23:13 pm by Pokon »
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 18, 2012, 04:39:01 pm »

Alligator Snappers are already huge...and covered in spikes...have long tails they use to whip at you...a beak that can cut your hand off...and are mean as hell.  Don't even need to make a giant mutant version.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 18, 2012, 04:54:20 pm »

Alligator Snappers are already huge...and covered in spikes...have long tails they use to whip at you...a beak that can cut your hand off...and are mean as hell.  Don't even need to make a giant mutant version.

But this is the Wasteland. Mean things can only get meaner. Besides, I just got the mental image of a guy coming face-to-face with a full grown Radgator, only for the gator to be pulled under water in a few seconds by one. :D
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 18, 2012, 05:01:26 pm »

But this is the Wasteland. Mean things can only get meaner. Besides, I just got the mental image of a guy coming face-to-face with a full grown Radgator, only for the gator to be pulled under water in a few seconds by one. :D
...ok, that's kind of awesome.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 18, 2012, 05:06:09 pm »

...ok, that's kind of awesome.

And then you see the huge shape under the water breaks the water and hits the floor, bits of shredded croc still in its giant claws. It looks at you, and it's massive head rears back slightly, and then.......

you have to make a new adventurer. :P

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 18, 2012, 06:45:07 pm »

Reminds me a bit of Del Lago from Resident Evil 4. I'd hate to have one of those plague my Vault's waterways.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 18, 2012, 07:08:59 pm »

So all the cool stuff adventurer can do via interactions so far is plasma bolts and reanimation? Will we get other stuff like perks or races that can added in?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 18, 2012, 08:25:56 pm »

A couple of small things I noticed while poking around the raws. Hope it helps, I've been enjoying playing this - though you've been updating a bit too quickly for me to be able to tune it to my preferences, haha.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 18, 2012, 10:56:39 pm »

All of those but nightkin are problems. Thanks, I will fix them ASAP.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Bodyless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 19, 2012, 12:56:57 am »

tinkerers bench produces plasteel combat armor instead of advanced power armor

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 19, 2012, 01:39:54 am »

Damn people, you won't let me wake up in the morning and go to university, won't you? :)

0.99i

Fixes:
- Supermutants, nightkin and ghouls have proper attributes now (ghouls are weaker, supermutants and nightkin are incredibly strong and tough).
- Replicant's historical "curse" description now works for any gender.
- Arc furnace silver and gold smelting are called appropriately.
- Iron nails at tinker's workbench are now properly created from iron.
- "Craft ripper" reaction now makes a ripper instead of a chainsword.
- Powerarmor MKII (advanced PA) is now properly created at tinkerer's bench (no more "plasteel combat armor").
- I forgot to mention, but I removed cabochons and other cut gem types. Now all cut gems/junks are called "polished something", so you get "polished nails" instead of "nails cabochon" when you cut them.

New:
- You can now make studded leather in tanner's workshop. It takes polished nails (1) and common leather (1) and produces studded leather which is equal to the tough leather.

It's save-compatible. If you replace your /objects/ folder in your save with the new raws, you won't get the "studded leather" reaction, but all the existing reactions and creatures (supermutants, nightkin, ghouls) will be fixed.

P.S. Actually there may be incompatibility because I renamed power armor MKII in item raws to MK2. If you by chance get an error about "unable to find ITEM_ARMOR_POWER_MKII" after updating your save, use notepad to open reaction_wasteland_tinker.txt and item_wasteland_armor.txt (in your save raws, located in /data/save/region*/) and in both change "ITEM_ARMOR_POWER_MK2" to "ITEM_ARMOR_POWER_MKII".
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 01:43:56 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
Re: ☢ Post-Apocalypse ☢ (v.0.99i) :: A hotfix.
« Reply #343 on: April 19, 2012, 08:44:10 am »

Note to all players of Post-Apocalypse!
You must create your own uniforms for the vaultizens! Otherwise they will NOT use combat armor, power armor, bone boots etc!

A ghostly fisherman fishes, while a dust storm blows the grassfire around.
Deathclaw: one dead citizen. Fire gecko: eight dead.

Really, Fire Gecko everywhere not freezing, and [FREQUENCY:45] [UBIQUITOUS]... I'll have them at 12 freq.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 09:01:04 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☢ Post-Apocalypse ☢ (v.0.99i) :: A hotfix.
« Reply #344 on: April 19, 2012, 08:58:04 am »

Note to all players of Post-Apocalypse!
You must create your own uniforms for the vaultizens! Otherwise they will NOT use combat armor, power armor, bone boots etc!

yeah...first thing I do since this was wasteland...hit M, clear all uniforms, create 4 new uniforms: Scavenger (Leather Jackets & boots, bone helm, gauntlets, and shinguards, and a crossbow); Combat Melee/Ranged (anything that can be stepped up to combat armor will be, also melee weapons and pump rifles); and Power! (power armor, and anything else that'll stack on it, as well as specifically assigned weapons...usually assault rifles)

Actually...where are the equipment defaults located?  Is that hardcoded?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 11:03:10 am by JediaKyrol »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 62