Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 975111 times)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #4695 on: January 05, 2014, 05:53:50 pm »

The same way they have shimmering combs. They're actually hardcore nether divers.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #4696 on: January 05, 2014, 06:04:46 pm »

I keep my villagers in something of a gulag; a couple connected, windowless cobble buildings. The main quarters are overcrowded to the point of being difficult to walk through. I periodically go through looking for villagers with good trade deals. Those with good deals get shoved into 1x1x2 solitary confinement cells for ease of trade. Those with bad deals get dumped into the 'night-pit' out back. It's perfectly safe in the day time. But when a zombie wanders in there at night? Not so much.

I suspect they didn't so much catch the ghast as they simply harvested it from their own sad, sad, souls in a desperate attempt to avoid the night-pit. :3

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4697 on: January 05, 2014, 06:11:42 pm »

How exactly does a villager catch a ghast in a net?
Pigman Trade Agreements.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4698 on: January 05, 2014, 10:51:25 pm »

Yeah, the pigmen are basically chill with the villagers and only hate players and won't talk to us because of our penchant for making gold farms out of them. The reason that villagers want emeralds is because they trade it to pigmen for things like lava and glowstone. Any town with a forge has an active trade relation with them as they actually use the lava to power their furnaces. Without an active trade for it the blacksmith quickly goes out of business. The lava in their forge is just a show of their wealth like how some players use diamonds for decoration.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4699 on: January 06, 2014, 05:52:53 am »

Yeah, the pigmen are basically chill with the villagers and only hate players and won't talk to us because of our penchant for making gold farms out of them. The reason that villagers want emeralds is because they trade it to pigmen for things like lava and glowstone. Any town with a forge has an active trade relation with them as they actually use the lava to power their furnaces. Without an active trade for it the blacksmith quickly goes out of business. The lava in their forge is just a show of their wealth like how some players use diamonds for decoration.

Pigmen are chill with players too, until you attack them.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #4700 on: January 06, 2014, 07:16:37 am »

Pigmen are chill with players too, until you attack them.
If you don't attack them they're only very passive aggressive. Personal experience of getting pushed innocently off a cliff into the lava.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4701 on: January 06, 2014, 09:10:45 am »

If anyone's interested, me and a buddy have set up a server (no whitelist) at spelltek.neutromancer.net. It requires the ATLauncher (http://www.atlauncher.com/downloads/) to get Resonant Rise 2.5.5 (tick the boxes for EnderNet; MystCraft; Steve's Factory Manager ; Underground Biomes ; Sync, plus any clientside optionals you like such as Tweaks).

We're using MyTown for protection (every player gets to make a small-ish town), hopefully that and the fact that the modpack isn't too widespread keeps the griefing down a bit.

EDIT: On that note, has anyone found a mod (not plugin) that nerfs zombie hordes to pre 1.6 levels? 80 meter aggro wallhacking magicspawning zombies are getting really annoying.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 09:18:06 am by Sergius »

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4702 on: January 06, 2014, 12:27:15 pm »

I cant get that to work. No idea why.

Edit: ok figure out that my 64 bit java had become corrupt, now I cannot connect because its not having all the correct mods.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 02:24:53 pm by March »

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4703 on: January 07, 2014, 11:07:36 am »

If anyone's interested, me and a buddy have set up a server (no whitelist) at spelltek.neutromancer.net. It requires the ATLauncher (http://www.atlauncher.com/downloads/) to get Resonant Rise 2.5.5 (tick the boxes for EnderNet; MystCraft; Steve's Factory Manager ; Underground Biomes ; Sync, plus any clientside optionals you like such as Tweaks).

We're using MyTown for protection (every player gets to make a small-ish town), hopefully that and the fact that the modpack isn't too widespread keeps the griefing down a bit.

EDIT: On that note, has anyone found a mod (not plugin) that nerfs zombie hordes to pre 1.6 levels? 80 meter aggro wallhacking magicspawning zombies are getting really annoying.

Interesting, i've just started using ATLauncher, will see if I can drop in.

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4704 on: January 07, 2014, 11:09:48 am »

I'd like to join you, but I still cant get connected.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4705 on: January 07, 2014, 12:22:18 pm »

I'd like to join you, but I still cant get connected.

Did you install the latest version, or 2.5.5.1, which you have to select from the drop-down?

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4706 on: January 07, 2014, 12:37:54 pm »

The one from the dropdown. Checked what he said, says missing some hardcore ender stuff and redcore stuff and some mismatches. If you can get it to work, or if he sees this, I'd like to know.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4707 on: January 07, 2014, 02:11:49 pm »

March, I've updated the configs so they match with the latest version (2.5.5.1). You can try again.

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4708 on: January 07, 2014, 02:42:49 pm »

Got on, fell in hole, cant break sand, great. Send help.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4709 on: January 07, 2014, 03:02:06 pm »

Got on, fell in hole, cant break sand, great. Send help.
Jump up and down, starve, respawn?
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 326