Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 975590 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #4440 on: October 08, 2013, 09:05:54 pm »

And now it works.
But only by downloading the 1.6.2 version of Forge.
Even tough you had the same version in your pack, it did not work.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4441 on: October 08, 2013, 09:08:29 pm »

Forge can be weird sometimes... Still, enjoy the pack!

I swear I spend more time sorting out conflicts and testing various things to make sure everything works together than I do actually playing the game.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4442 on: October 08, 2013, 09:10:52 pm »

Well, thanks.
And good luck sorting stuff.
If you manage to get some other mods squeezed in and fixing some more configs, I would gladly test the pack for you. (If I have the time.)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4443 on: October 08, 2013, 11:46:30 pm »

Ok, Archimedes' Ships is one of my new favorite mods. Being able to build working ships is really satisfying!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4444 on: October 09, 2013, 05:22:09 am »

Ok, Archimedes' Ships is one of my new favorite mods. Being able to build working ships is really satisfying!
Just be careful.
Last I tried it, I landed in some water (must have landed on one of these water plants) and the game started lagging to the point where the game was unplayable.
At least untill I got out of the chunk the airship was in.
When I got back to it, it started lagging again.
Then again, it could be that crocodile which grabbed and killed me as I disembarked from my ship.
Any way, I myself am avoiding that mod untill I am sure that problem won't happen again.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4445 on: October 09, 2013, 05:59:40 am »

Anybody have any experience with Cubic Chunks? Good? Bad? I like the concept, not sure how well it will function...

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4446 on: October 09, 2013, 08:34:37 am »

Anybody have any experience with Cubic Chunks? Good? Bad? I like the concept, not sure how well it will function...

The feeling you get once you realize this IRL five minutes' worth of walking of a plain is, in fact, a plateau on a giant mountain. It was pretty cool when I tried it, though it was loooong ago, two-ish years ago, I thought it died after a certain point.

My main problem was finding a terrain generation config that suited me, but back then I was looking for something very specific, namely very flat plains and high but realistic mountains, which was pretty hard to achieve with no knowledge of how the system even works.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4447 on: October 10, 2013, 05:50:19 pm »

So I tend to delete and create new worlds quite often.
However I hate having to build up some sort of headquarters from scratch every single time.
And most of the things in the Ruins mod are, quite frankly, rather ugly.
Manually deleting all the ugly things in that mod, is quite a chore.
I have tried using that Schematics converter included, but most of the time, none of those converted schematics ever generates.
So right now, I am quite tired.. at your Mod pack Max (it being limited to 1.6.2).
Things probably won't change with 1.6.4 either, I think I'm just tired of Minecraft in general right now.. But still wants to play the game..
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 05:51:53 pm by Ultimuh »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4448 on: October 10, 2013, 05:55:03 pm »

So, I've been playing Hexxic mod pack (that beautiful, spastic, cocaine-addled mess) and I've had giant, black obsidian monoliths which are hollow with lava inside spawning. They seem bad. does anyone know what they are, or how to stop my world from going 2001? Also, the Ruins mod keeps spawning new ruins close to my house, which is annoying. Is there a way to stop structures from popping up in a given space? Will I mess up the existing world if I turn Ruins Mod off?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4449 on: October 10, 2013, 05:56:04 pm »

So, I've been playing Hexxic mod pack (that beautiful, spastic, cocaine-addled mess) and I've had giant, black obsidian monoliths which are hollow with lava inside spawning.
That's one of the ugly things in that Ruins mod I mentioned.

And I don't think anything would break if the ruins mod were to be disabled, nothing is really dependent on it.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4450 on: October 10, 2013, 08:12:13 pm »

Huh. Would you know how to disable that mod without making a new world? If that's possible? I've just been using the technic launcher and its automated mod packs.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4451 on: October 10, 2013, 08:21:35 pm »

I'm pretty sure you could just delete the mod and new chunks won't have ruins on them.

EDIT:
In other news, aparently Better Storage updated to now support Thaumcraft again, and included a nifty Thaumic chest that can be enchanted to do cool stuff.

Spoiler: And know you know... (click to show/hide)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4452 on: October 13, 2013, 01:29:07 am »

Great, just as I was getting somewhere in my single player world...
Ars Magica 2 comes out!

Tested on the forgecraft server along side Thaumcraft 4, so the two should play nice. Not sure how well they will act when introduced to all my other mods, but if I get it working I'm willing to share the files for you guys. I have added some mods, taken others out.

EDIT: Arcane comprendium confirmed to fit on bibliocraft shelves!  :'(

EDIT2: Am I the only one playing this right now? Ars Magica 2 is awesome! I would say Thaumcraft has some more interesting toys, but writing spells and fighting mobs is a lot more fun than research and waiting for aspects. Also I have never appreciated Bibliocraft so much as a place to put all these many, many books...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4453 on: October 13, 2013, 07:24:55 am »

Many of us were asleep. :P

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4454 on: October 13, 2013, 07:25:54 am »

SLEEP IS FOR THE MUNDANE! I'M A FUCKING MAGE!
That said, it is about time for me to go to bed...
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 326