Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 975621 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #4410 on: October 07, 2013, 07:26:14 pm »

Ah it was on Forsaken's thread.
Nevermind, here's the link to the mod.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4411 on: October 07, 2013, 08:31:58 pm »

Hmm, due to changes in the Thaumcraft API it might just be impossible to currently add aspects to items without actual coding, something I'm just too lazy for. Would we be interested in a pack that doesn't have aspects on everything, with a possible config update later if I can make this work after all?

EDIT: In other news, the maker of Better Storage is prioritizing fixing the Thaumic Backpack in their mod, so anybody else looking for Thaumcraft friendly mods should keep their eye on it. Should be version 0.7.0.30 before it is working.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #4412 on: October 07, 2013, 10:12:21 pm »

Crossposting because others may find this useful:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?board=4.0
It's a quick guide to maximizing your TC4 research by being smart (without spoilers/other knowledge; though it certainly can be used in combination with those).

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4413 on: October 08, 2013, 01:07:51 am »

Ok so just a heads up, because otherwise it is pretty hard to spot. Thaumcraft actually spawns Silverwood in a slightly different way than it spawns everything else, and most other mods for that matter. It is the only forge mod I know of that implements a specific method in the vanilla code, rather that the forge version. Because of this, Thaumcraft and Alternate World Gen are incompatible, even using the default world gen option.
My mind is blown that this even happens, but here we are. I think it is because there was no way using the forge method to also spawn the node at the same time, but who knows...

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4414 on: October 08, 2013, 04:23:33 am »

So I cannot interact with the smelter's controller.
I have derped around with various places to put the controller but nothing seem to work.
Is there a mod which conflicts with TCo like that?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 04:38:42 am by Ultimuh »

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4415 on: October 08, 2013, 04:48:02 am »

Not to my understanding... What other mods are you running? What are you holding in your hand? Did you put it in a smelter or just as a single block?

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4416 on: October 08, 2013, 04:50:27 am »

I have derped around with various places to put the controller but nothing seem to work.

Railcraft often interferes with "hollow" multiblock structures such as portals or smelteries. It uses an invisible block to keep track of player movement, which messes up multiblocks.
You can set the block id for the 'Hidden' block in the Railcraft config to 0 to fix it.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4417 on: October 08, 2013, 05:12:54 am »

Railcraft often interferes with "hollow" multiblock structures such as portals or smelteries. It uses an invisible block to keep track of player movement, which messes up multiblocks.
You can set the block id for the 'Hidden' block in the Railcraft config to 0 to fix it.
Not using railcraft.

Not to my understanding... What other mods are you running? What are you holding in your hand? Did you put it in a smelter or just as a single block?

I am currently at work and do not remember all the mods without looking in the mods folder.
Will get back to you on that later.
Just thought if you knew of any conflicting mods.

edit: Back home again, trying to see if updating forge would help (forgot to do that for some reason).
Nope, didn't work. I will list the mods I have installed (not the ones Forsaken already have on his sever, since those seem to work fine.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

edit2: I have removed each of theese and restarted Minecraft one by one, with no  noticable results.
What is wrong here?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 08:53:07 am by Ultimuh »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4418 on: October 08, 2013, 09:05:31 am »

edit: oops, messed this thing up.
Also, double posted.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 01:19:54 pm by Ultimuh »

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4419 on: October 08, 2013, 09:54:19 am »

i just discovered the feed the best mod site. Someone on here pointed it out to me. It is current to version 1.5. I dont see anything on that site or forums about upgrading to 1.6. 1.6 has been out for almost 3 months now. any idea when this will be out? I like all the technical mods in the ultimate. I generally play single player.

So far I know about hte Technic Pack modpack site and the Feed the Beast modpack site. Any others? I like packs since they are already tested.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4420 on: October 08, 2013, 02:55:44 pm »

Have any of you tried mixing millenaire with 'minecraft comes alive' recently? All the posts I could find in their proper threads are rather old, so I'm curious to see how well they play together now.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4421 on: October 08, 2013, 02:58:56 pm »

Have any of you tried mixing millenaire with 'minecraft comes alive' recently? All the posts I could find in their proper threads are rather old, so I'm curious to see how well they play together now.
Not recently no.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4422 on: October 08, 2013, 02:59:10 pm »

I stopped using millenaire after it began corrupting several worlds in a row, haven't tried it since. Every time I have tried it, its been a mess with bugs and issues.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4423 on: October 08, 2013, 03:00:07 pm »

I stopped using millenaire after it began corrupting several worlds in a row, haven't tried it since. Every time I have tried it, its been a mess with bugs and issues.

Hmm. Haven't had any issues yet, but I'll have to keep an eye out.

Is Minecraft Comes Alive more stable?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4424 on: October 08, 2013, 03:02:25 pm »

Never tried MCA
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 326