Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 975034 times)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #3525 on: December 24, 2012, 11:41:18 pm »

I have to admit, none of the packs is exactly what I want. I'm the kind of person who likes to be able to do anything, but I prefer having only one world to play.

That being the case, I used the FTB launcher to download all of the packs. I imported one into MultiMC, which I then fleshed out with most of the configs from the other packs as well as a smattering of other mods not in any of them.

I'm not sure what's causing it, but I get super lag whenever I right-click an item in NEI to view recipes.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: December 24, 2012, 11:56:39 pm »

I have to admit, none of the packs is exactly what I want. I'm the kind of person who likes to be able to do anything, but I prefer having only one world to play.

That being the case, I used the FTB launcher to download all of the packs. I imported one into MultiMC, which I then fleshed out with most of the configs from the other packs as well as a smattering of other mods not in any of them.

I'm not sure what's causing it, but I get super lag whenever I right-click an item in NEI to view recipes.
If you have RP2 or another mod that adds alot of recipes that's probably doing it, since it has to parse through all of them looking for recipes that use that item.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: December 25, 2012, 12:01:57 am »

Makes sense. I don't actually have that many more mods than the old beta pack. Then again, three of those mods are ThaumCraft, RedPower, and MineChem, which add craptons of items.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: December 25, 2012, 04:40:19 am »

You can turn off most of the RP2 items to speed it up a bit. Just turn on one of each recipe, they're all the same just use a different block

Another

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: December 26, 2012, 07:27:49 am »

I have come to conclusion that the assembly of mods Forsaken has on his server surpasses all packs FTB currently has to offer and is pretty close to what can be achieved without being one of the modders. (2 types of copper, tin and silver ores each are annoying but thanks to Forge Ore Dictionary work for all recipes.)

As an added bonus - a server with actual people.

As for NEI - try disabling the whole microblocks category in the options. There are tons of them, each with it's own "unique" recipe that can be easily remembered.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: December 26, 2012, 07:30:15 am »

Btw, how are SDK's guns doing? It's been a while since i last heard from them.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3531 on: December 26, 2012, 07:30:34 am »

I have come to conclusion that the assembly of mods Forsaken has on his server surpasses all packs FTB currently has to offer and is pretty close to what can be achieved without being one of the modders.
Thanks!

As an added bonus - a server with actual people.
Indeed. Anyone is welcome!

Still a few bugs with the 1.4.6 update, which is to be expected, but it seems to be working well.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: December 26, 2012, 04:24:54 pm »

Accidently posted this over in the vanilla MC thread but really it belongs here.

Learning how to make frame machines and use CC.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's a little slow but that's to avoid issues with sand and gravel. If I made it a little taller and used GPS then I could solve the issue that way.

Edit: A quick look inside. I don't normally like using WR if I can help it but I wanted to make this as small as possible. I'm pretty pleased with how compact I got it.

That's awesome. It flies to a location and then extends in each direction?

How does it get to a target depth? I see no breakers on the bottom.
The idea is to build it at diamond level and it can then move freely from there along 2 axis. The path you can see can all be dug in one go from a CC computer. So in short it's a 2 axis tunnel boring machine.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: December 27, 2012, 02:03:11 pm »

So, it's powered by something else instead of solars? Thermal... global... uh watery, thingies?

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: December 27, 2012, 03:07:39 pm »

So, it's powered by something else instead of solars? Thermal... global... uh watery, thingies?

Thermopiles

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: December 27, 2012, 03:39:05 pm »

It's nice that Flan's mods got updated, but there are so many bugs...
The eternally spinning cars and tanks are funny though :P So are the planes that bore through the ground...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: December 27, 2012, 07:34:17 pm »

Hey, anyone care about this one?

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1094245-146keepmystats/

Also: anyone has tried the Metallurgy mod? I think it seriously messes up vanilla ore generation (I haven't found any Iron in a mountain), I don't know how it interacts with other mods. It seems I can find different versions of copper just fine, for example. Just no iron at all...
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 08:40:21 pm by Sergius »

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: December 27, 2012, 09:51:07 pm »

Metallurgy mod doesn't play nice with MC Forge's Ore directory; which is mainly why it hasn't been included into any of hte major modpacks, Sergius.  Last I heard, the mod author really had no intention of changing that, either.  The Metallurgy mod is for those who want a more realistic dela; in which various ores are given a percentage of a chance to be generated at all.
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: December 27, 2012, 09:53:50 pm »

My tunnel boring machine? Right now it's solars. You can see them in the distance. I use an ender chest system with transposers and receivers to ferry batteries around.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: December 27, 2012, 10:04:36 pm »

Metallurgy mod doesn't play nice with MC Forge's Ore directory; which is mainly why it hasn't been included into any of hte major modpacks, Sergius.  Last I heard, the mod author really had no intention of changing that, either.  The Metallurgy mod is for those who want a more realistic dela; in which various ores are given a percentage of a chance to be generated at all.

Thought so. Well, they can bite my shiny metal ass.
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 326