Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 974983 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #3495 on: December 21, 2012, 02:59:04 am »

Been playing Technic's latest version for 1.4.5 (+ a few other mods) over LAN MP with some friends in the lab, and having a hell of a good time.

Previously, we used the Tekkit 1.2.5 setup; within short periods of time, everything is free, and everything requiring manufacturing was automated.

The new setup has Better Dungeons and Mo Creatures, along with all the goodies of Technic 1.4.5. The lack of redpower and EE (EE hasn't been finished yet, and so is pretty much all just placeholders) along with the crazy hard mobs everywhere is making the mood verrrrrry different. Going out at night is terrifying; going out during the day is hardly better. No more infinite everythings, but more things which feel like actual magic, thanks to Thaumcraft and Mystcraft. Our base is an eldritch abomination of a structure; it was expanded outwards and upwards, with the lower 2 floors having been completely leveled by numerous Ogre rampages. It's great! :D

Then there's the Golems. Seeing one of these form, then proceed to kick our combined asses is just awesome.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3496 on: December 21, 2012, 03:14:08 am »

So RedPower 2 pre6 is out. I was waiting on this to start a new world so hopefully all the mods I want will be 1.4.6 compatible by Boxing Day. I have a week off following Christmas.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3497 on: December 21, 2012, 03:54:56 am »

Wicked. I know what I'm doing after work then.

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: December 21, 2012, 06:13:39 am »

Bah. I'm already waiting for the other mods to update to Railcraft's new API, which was updated in 6.1.1.0 and above.  Keep getting weird errors and whatnot from it now.  Also will have to wait for NEI to update its RedPower plugin if I'm even going to bother messing around with it again; although I did seriously msis the frames.  It means I get to remove the hidious Elevator Mod. Mwhahaha.
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: December 21, 2012, 06:17:10 am »

OHMYGOD REDPOWER NOW HAS TUBEFRAMES!!!!!! :D

ONE BLOCK TO RULE THEM ALL, AND IN THE DARKNESS MOVE, VACATE, AND POWER THEM! AUTOMATED MINING MACHINES WITHOUT BACK AND FORTH MOVEMENT, HO!!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3500 on: December 21, 2012, 06:20:16 am »

ONE BLOCK TO RULE THEM ALL, AND IN THE DARKNESS MOVE, VACATE, AND POWER THEM! AUTOMATED MINING MACHINES WITHOUT BACK AND FORTH MOVEMENT, HO!!
The end of scarcity is aproaching.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3501 on: December 21, 2012, 06:26:03 am »

So RedPower 2 pre6 is out. I was waiting on this to start a new world so hopefully all the mods I want will be 1.4.6 compatible by Boxing Day. I have a week off following Christmas.
Goddamnit. She didn't release a 1.4.5 version?

Nothing is compatible with 1.4.6 yet. (Well not everything is..)

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: December 21, 2012, 08:05:42 am »

Frames with jacketed wires? *dreams*

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: December 21, 2012, 08:16:57 am »

I gather from her twitter that depending on how quickly other mods update she might release a 1.4.5 version.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: December 21, 2012, 08:54:59 am »

Well this explains the problem I'm having. I really should keep up with what version we're at :D

So now I have to wait for everything else to update hahaha

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: December 21, 2012, 09:54:21 am »

I gather from her twitter that depending on how quickly other mods update she might release a 1.4.5 version.

Quick! Everyone! Release your mods as slowly as possible!

Wait what

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: December 21, 2012, 10:21:35 am »

Here for those who want a sauce: https://twitter.com/TheRealEloraam/status/282022976243773440

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: December 21, 2012, 11:57:44 am »

If she has a 1.4.5 version ready and waiting why not just put it up -_-

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: December 21, 2012, 12:29:24 pm »

Bugs and rage from countless people because their world got deleted by it, and from server admins because their users could create infinite diamonds?

I'm pretty sure she had a 1.4.5 version really fast after MCP updated.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: December 21, 2012, 02:27:28 pm »

Frames with jacketed wires? *dreams*

I'm looking forward to pipes embedded in frames combined with a way to automatically place sub-blocks in frames. With these two things we can make nice pumps for things like volcanoes.

I'd really like to see marble versions of the Chiseled and Paver bricks. Then again I have a load of blocks I've done graphics for that I'm planning on making a mod for. All purely decorative and these who new basalt brick types were already finished before I knew they'd be in RP2. Wish it was possible to add custom sub-blocks.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 326