Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 974794 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #3270 on: November 06, 2012, 12:24:33 pm »

Anyway...

on topic: Has anyone seen or tried this mod? http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1549323-142forge-easybuilding/

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #3271 on: November 06, 2012, 12:47:19 pm »

It's generally considered the equal of calling someone a retard.
wrt:Spastic
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: November 06, 2012, 01:28:32 pm »

6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3273 on: November 06, 2012, 01:30:15 pm »

Okay, I'm sorry I used a perfectly normal medical term which is apparently a terrible insult in the UK. Can we move on?

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: November 06, 2012, 01:32:41 pm »

I wasn't having a go at you. I just figured a bit of background would be interesting :).

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3275 on: November 06, 2012, 01:38:28 pm »

I wasn't having a go at you. I just figured a bit of background would be interesting :).
Oh I know, I just meant lets return to the topic. :P

Has anyone else been following the tidbits dropped on direwolf's LP regarding thaumcraft and EE? Thaumcraft's new research system looks excellent, and there is no longer a specific 'taint' level in the air. Vis is stored in a network of nodes at what seems to be varying heights and locations, which recharge or redistribute Vis as it is drained. Working with magic causes 'flux' which upsets the local aura and causes bad things like wisps to spawn.

EE sounds interesting, but so far other than making the philo stone harder and removing some items I don't see what he's changed really. You still toss in gold and get iron, or vis a vis. He had talked about making 1 to 1 transmutation the goal, not the norm, but from what I have seen its still easy as pie to transmute.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: November 06, 2012, 01:41:04 pm »

Spastic is the curse they occasionaly throw at me when i go into super-rage mode because they bullied me.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: November 06, 2012, 01:54:26 pm »

I've been having so much fun learning lua with computercraft and turtles. I had just enough experience with other languages that picking up lua has been only a minor roadblock. There's also a real sense of accomplishment when a program just... works. So far I haven't done anything too crazy, but getting the thing to dig a branch mine/prospecting pattern for me so I can just go through and pick out the ores with my pick has made mining so much less of a hassle.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: November 06, 2012, 01:55:31 pm »

ORBITAL TURTLE STRIKE.

SWOOOOOOOOSH *boom*

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3279 on: November 06, 2012, 01:56:42 pm »

I've been having so much fun learning lua with computercraft and turtles. I had just enough experience with other languages that picking up lua has been only a minor roadblock. There's also a real sense of accomplishment when a program just... works. So far I haven't done anything too crazy, but getting the thing to dig a branch mine/prospecting pattern for me so I can just go through and pick out the ores with my pick has made mining so much less of a hassle.
Why not make a new turtleswarm program? Have the turtles systematically mine an ever larger area, delivering all materials to a great machine which automatically constructs more turtles. Those turtles are placed next to a computer to get their programming and the cycle continues with no intervention.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: November 06, 2012, 02:31:26 pm »

Gray goo: Minecraft style.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: November 06, 2012, 03:17:42 pm »

I believe someone actually made this very thing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAwttgCLUuI&feature=relmfu

Combine with Redpower Frames, you could have the turtle factory follow behind the swarm as it slowly chews through the landscape.
(Actually, a turtle minehead might be the solution to compact tunneling Frame vehicles)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3282 on: November 06, 2012, 03:37:52 pm »

I believe someone actually made this very thing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAwttgCLUuI&feature=relmfu

Combine with Redpower Frames, you could have the turtle factory follow behind the swarm as it slowly chews through the landscape.
(Actually, a turtle minehead might be the solution to compact tunneling Frame vehicles)
Yeah I knew someone had made it before. Wasn't sure if he'd released the final version of the program.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: November 06, 2012, 05:16:05 pm »

Has anyone else been following the tidbits dropped on direwolf's LP regarding thaumcraft and EE? Thaumcraft's new research system looks excellent, and there is no longer a specific 'taint' level in the air. Vis is stored in a network of nodes at what seems to be varying heights and locations, which recharge or redistribute Vis as it is drained. Working with magic causes 'flux' which upsets the local aura and causes bad things like wisps to spawn.

EE sounds interesting, but so far other than making the philo stone harder and removing some items I don't see what he's changed really. You still toss in gold and get iron, or vis a vis. He had talked about making 1 to 1 transmutation the goal, not the norm, but from what I have seen its still easy as pie to transmute.

This is the first DW20 season I've watched in full. I'm hoping EE3 turns out well and fairly balanced and TC3 is looking really interesting.

Why not make a new turtleswarm program? Have the turtles systematically mine an ever larger area, delivering all materials to a great machine which automatically constructs more turtles. Those turtles are placed next to a computer to get their programming and the cycle continues with no intervention.
I only recently started programming turtles myself and it sounds like we are in a similar boat sluissa. I was going to make a swarm mining program but settled on having them do exploratory mining so I can use my fortune enchanted pick on any diamonds..

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3284 on: November 06, 2012, 05:21:05 pm »

Yeah, if EE and Thaumcraft release soon I plan to revive my minecraft LP and do a lot of magitech !SCIENCE!
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 326