Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 975130 times)

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #3060 on: October 11, 2012, 09:53:39 pm »

Well you'll be pleased to hear that the sails get run down and need replacing. Performance takes into account the surroundings in so much as you can't pack them together.
For yay in that~

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: October 11, 2012, 09:58:53 pm »

The major resource used in it is string, which the mod allows to be harvested in mass so I'm cool with it. Does like like a stack but it's string who cares.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: October 11, 2012, 10:03:27 pm »

Apparently the iron used in the sails can be recycled too so you'll just be losing wood and string.

I wonder if there will be fell winds in the nether. I like to build bases there and am looking forward to having a better power generation method.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: October 11, 2012, 10:13:24 pm »

I sorta observed that each dimension seems to support a type of life and is overtly hostile to other lifeforms. Endermen treat water like it's lava, You react to lava as it is, Pigmen are immune to lava but burn in sunlight(Are immune to burning sunlight whatever). So if an Enderman is harmed by rain the Nether equivalent would be lava rain.

Harmful weather in the Nether would be sorta sweet. Just a cloud layer somewhere under the ceiling that harms all under it whenever weather is enabled. Or a mist that extends up from the lava oceans that makes the layers above it harmful.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: October 12, 2012, 12:15:28 am »

Does like like a stack
Spoiler: ? (click to show/hide)

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: October 13, 2012, 01:58:36 am »

So I just found out about the Mercurial Eye in the Equivalent Exchange mod. Its existence doesn't seem to be every well advertised and it's awesome. Transmute mode works like the Philosopher's Stone but you can pick what block they turn into. It can also toss up whole walls, floors, ceilings, and pillars with a single rightclick.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: October 13, 2012, 06:20:32 am »

I hope wind turbines mean decreasing solar panel efficiency. Especially if they are made with sticks and wool. Wich they probably are.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: October 13, 2012, 06:34:45 am »

That looks remarkably similar to the BTW sails. As in, it looks exactly like the BTW windmill sails in a different configuration.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #3068 on: October 13, 2012, 06:41:36 am »

It's not as if Flowerchild invented the windmill.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: October 13, 2012, 06:43:15 am »

It's not the fact that it's a windmill, it's the fact that the sails on it are identical to the BTW ones.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #3070 on: October 13, 2012, 06:45:24 am »

Perhaps because both makers used the Wool texture.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #3071 on: October 13, 2012, 06:45:34 am »

So? She needed to make them reflect the materials they were made of, with 16x16 pixels, there's not exactly a huge opportunity for variety.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: October 13, 2012, 07:05:48 am »

And we get to see some good ol' "I'LL SUE YOU, I'LL SUE YOU!".
I dont see how this is not a win-win situation.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: October 13, 2012, 07:07:34 am »

So? She needed to make them reflect the materials they were made of, with 16x16 pixels, there's not exactly a huge opportunity for variety.
Especially considering the blocky aesthetic.

It also looks like we'll be making them from different materials at some point. The ones in the screenshot are called "Wooden Wind Turbine" and are made from "Wooden Sail". I'd guess the other materials will simply last longer but they might impact power output.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: October 13, 2012, 11:57:10 am »

So I just found out about the Mercurial Eye in the Equivalent Exchange mod. Its existence doesn't seem to be every well advertised and it's awesome. Transmute mode works like the Philosopher's Stone but you can pick what block they turn into. It can also toss up whole walls, floors, ceilings, and pillars with a single rightclick.

It also loves devouring logistics pipes. I used one in a previous fort a few versions back to quickly turn my floor to basalt. Each time the area of effect touched a logistics pipe, it gobbled the pipe and the modules inside it.
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 326