Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 975702 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #2715 on: August 27, 2012, 02:59:38 am »

It's true, it's OP xD

Or rather, I think the transmutation tablet and the energy storing thing (Klein Star) and the transmutation chest is OK, but the Solar Generator is the game-breaker. Free stuff for everything!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: August 27, 2012, 04:17:55 am »

They also tend to disable the destruction catalyst, hyperkinetic lens, catalytic lens, and IC2 laser because they don't obey land protection plugins or something, so... no improved mining methods (except the buildcraft quarry and maybe RP2 frames) allowed.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: August 27, 2012, 05:02:13 am »

a post on the vanilla thread reminded me of this old 'nature overhaul' mod:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/191599-v11-nature-overhaul-v18/

trees grow, fauna spread, stuff happens according to the biome and the surrounding.

is there anything similar being maintained?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2718 on: August 27, 2012, 05:02:47 am »

Indeed. I have been experimenting with bukkit in preparation of migrating my server to a bukkit backend. Several mod items bypass the normal calls and methods of minecraft and will not work properly with things like land protection mods. I'm hoping EE3 will take these things into consideration...

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: August 27, 2012, 09:09:03 am »

EE is still OP I think.  Even without those solar collectors, you can still pretty much ignore resource types.  Everything becomes everything, and "I need some tin, let's go mining" becomes "Throw all that cobble and wheat into the machine."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2720 on: August 27, 2012, 09:22:12 am »

EE is still OP I think.  Even without those solar collectors, you can still pretty much ignore resource types.  Everything becomes everything, and "I need some tin, let's go mining" becomes "Throw all that cobble and wheat into the machine."
Disable the energy collector, condenser and the transmutation tablet and its fairly okay. You can't transmute except for the simple transmutes from the philosopher's stone but you can still make the items and such, and still charge klein stars via the relay. Relay makes a handy junk sink too.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: August 27, 2012, 09:27:26 am »

What about a EE/Thaumacraft crossover mod that for every equivalent exchange and energy creation performed, generates a proportional amount of Taint? Generating a diamond out of thin air with flowers should be quite a traumatic event while exchanging something for it may produce a lesser amount of Taint or something.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: August 27, 2012, 09:31:49 am »

That may be fun...  Every time you drop an item into a tablet and convert it from matter to EMC, it dumps X taint per Y EMC generated.  You'd then require a large infrastructure of those crystal sucker things and vis filters to draw the taint down to liquid form, and then filter it away.

Or just go to the Nether and dump all your taint where it doesn't matter.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: August 27, 2012, 09:35:51 am »

That may be fun...  Every time you drop an item into a tablet and convert it from matter to EMC, it dumps X taint per Y EMC generated.  You'd then require a large infrastructure of those crystal sucker things and vis filters to draw the taint down to liquid form, and then filter it away.

Or just go to the Nether and dump all your taint where it doesn't matter.

Right. Energy condenser should be made not to work in nether, then. So you can taint nether (slightly inconvenient), or perform stuff on the surface and then clean up the mess/relocate, while using large condenser on overworld will result in taint spiraling no matter what with added risks.

is it risky to go into tainted area? Probably should also mod some corrupted stuff like creepers, to also seek and explode near player crafted blocks.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: August 27, 2012, 09:37:17 am »

Once you're to the point of wanting to make condensers, it's only mildly more inconvenient to be in a tainted area, because you're probably already overflowing with diamond/nano armor.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: August 27, 2012, 09:39:09 am »

Taint spreads apparently endlessly.  One common "defense" against taint is to move far enough away that it unloads the chunks.  It apparently converts ALL block types into taint blocks, except for machine type blocks and the blocks under them.  At least that's what it looked like on the youtubes.  Totem of Dawn can stem the spread though.

And yes, any mob that spends too much time in the taint will become a tainted version.  Think DF-style husks.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: August 27, 2012, 09:41:03 am »

All? I thought it was only natural blocks, and only on the surface (grass/dirt/stone/maybe ore?).
I distinctly remember being able to temporarily halt the spread by using cobblestone, but that was a version or three ago.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: August 27, 2012, 09:46:16 am »

I know for sure I've seen it spread over smoothstone.  But then again that's a natural stone that a player placed.  So I admit I'm not entirely sure.  I do know that it goes underwater like a boss.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: August 27, 2012, 09:46:54 am »

Once you're to the point of wanting to make condensers, it's only mildly more inconvenient to be in a tainted area, because you're probably already overflowing with diamond/nano armor.

tainted crepers that explode near player made blocks and tainted enderman which could move any block may balance that a bit, as no defense will be secure.
yeah, you may survive, being wrapped in super armor and all that, but your precious converter will be destroyed without constant supervision

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: August 27, 2012, 10:08:46 am »

You underestimate player bases. Layer of dirt 10+ thick (or just putting everything underground) would keep the tainted creepers from exploding (by the way currently tainted creepers are just faster and blow up bigger, no changes to behavior), 2 tall floors would keep the endermen out of reach of the fun stuff.

Oh, and there's always this (blatant excuse to show off ~5 hours into a new technic world with no condensers):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Building up in the air + keeping stuff from spawning on your roof = foolproof mob-proof building.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 10:13:16 am by Peewee »
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 326