Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 976054 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #2580 on: August 24, 2012, 05:58:32 am »

I've never seen BC being buggy in Mystcraft.

Redpower's marble generation is what fucks up cave worlds so badly though.
For one thing, quarries will not place mined blocks into adjacent inventories in mystcraft worlds.

I just wish more mods could be compatible with zeppelinmod. Everything is better when it's on a floating continent. Trufax.

Especially oil rigs with IC. So frustrating to have to build the new setup each time.
You should be able to make a frame-based mobile oil rig. Just have a block breaker/deployer setup to remove the pump during travel and re-deploy the pump once you have arrived at the next oil well.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 06:01:03 am by forsaken1111 »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2581 on: August 24, 2012, 07:32:44 am »

you could also make a missile silo...
ICBM mod?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: August 24, 2012, 07:35:12 am »

you could also make a missile silo...
ICBM mod?
The same guy from before made some clever timers for missiles actually.
The stuff he makes is so amazing sometimes, so great.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: August 24, 2012, 07:42:15 am »

I never heard of this zeppelin mod, weird. How compatible is it? (with the tekkit mods for example)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: August 24, 2012, 08:01:55 am »

I never heard of this zeppelin mod, weird. How compatible is it? (with the tekkit mods for example)
Well as far as I know, custom chests should work with it because regular ones do, and normal redstone works so the code should also allow for custom redstone mods to work too. I'm not sure about other things though, like Buildcraft and Industrialcraft. The custom blocks should work but it might not be able to reassemble properly upon rejoining the world and probably wouldn't work in transit.
It can be kind of awkward but a lot of things now work in flight like dispensers, redstone, tnt, doors, chests, etc. I don't know if beds or carts do but it works well with most entities so pets can go onboard and minecarts should at least stay there, if not being able to move on carts.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: August 24, 2012, 08:50:00 am »

In Zeppelin, I know from experience that blocks like IC2 rubbertrees don't change facing depending on the orientation of the ship (also the texture got really messed up during movement). Probably other machines have the same problem.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2586 on: August 24, 2012, 09:07:58 am »

in flight dispensers?

if it became SMP, you could have proper airship fights! people boarding the other ship, whilst dispensers fire arrows at the other ship...

ooooh! oh! and fire charges for cannon balls!
There is a weapon mod with actual cannons. You sit in them and fire them, and someone else can reload them for you. They're entities so they are carried along with frames, so you can easily have frameship battles. The cannons break blocks when they hit too, so you will get damage and fragmentation.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: August 24, 2012, 09:13:50 am »

Do we have that mod in the server?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2588 on: August 24, 2012, 09:15:24 am »

Do we have that mod in the server?
Yep! On my server anyway. It's called Balkon's Weapon Mod

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: August 24, 2012, 09:36:31 am »

in flight dispensers?

if it became SMP, you could have proper airship fights! people boarding the other ship, whilst dispensers fire arrows at the other ship...

ooooh! oh! and fire charges for cannon balls!
There is a weapon mod with actual cannons. You sit in them and fire them, and someone else can reload them for you. They're entities so they are carried along with frames, so you can easily have frameship battles. The cannons break blocks when they hit too, so you will get damage and fragmentation.
There's cannon-powder too, which is basically TNT but that doesn't do damage, only pushes. It makes for some sweet TNT cannons that don't need running water because really it seems a bit strange that you only have something like 1/5 of the damage being actually delivered in a traditional TNT cannon.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: August 24, 2012, 10:14:51 am »

I like the sound of the steampunk mod.  If machines are more "meta-scale" than "this block does this" then it'd be great.  And if you're converting any power to any other power, give it a hefty penalty.  Like, if you could burn coal in IC2 for 100 energy, or you could burn coal in BC for 100 energy, then converting IC2 energy to BC energy should only give 50 for one coal.  This makes it possible, but highly restrictive.  Also RP energy is ridiculously abundant, watch what happens with one or two solar panels over a brief time.  Converting RP power to any other energy should incur massive loss to compensate for how much energy is produced.

Zeppelin airships were very buggy last I checked (several versions ago) and would often crash SSP and didn't accommodate modded blocks, like, at all.  So I'd built an IC2 mobile quarry, using mining machines and battery boxes, but when I started moving, the ship would get weird and like, lose IC2 energy or shift wires or just crash.

Plus it's smooth movement, but it feels lame to me.  You can move a mountain, for the cost of a few iron.  RP frames are slower, but they're very costs and seem more realistic.  Mobile bases shouldn't be cheap, this is a lot of potential for use, and moving at 20 blocks per second using the most common ore available...  Well, I'd rather have my heavily engineered frameship.

Worth noting that the cannons in the Balkan's mod have a rather small explosion.  You could probably make your ship impervious by using plating.  Obsidian would definitely be protective, but the explosion is pretty light, so even something like cobble might protect.  Although IC2's reinforced blocks would likely be ideal.  In true arena play though, there would likely have to be rules about what materials to use for the hull, the structure, and the drive core.  For instance, there could be rules that the hull can only be reinforced with stone/marble/basalt or cosemetic materials like wool and gem panels, the central core structure could be reinforced with something tougher, so that the cannons couldn't destroy them, and the ship would always have things like walking paths and redstone lines.  Then the drive core could be done up in obsidian or reinforced stone.  The engines are expensive, making them always survive would be very polite.

So, your average frameship fight would have two ships firing cannons at each other to crack the hull.  Once the hull is open, then players can move in and plant TNT to blast the frame and the internal machines, and finally expose the indestructible drive core, at which point the fight is "won".

Also worth noting that in the most recent vanilla snapshot, mobs can move through portals.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: August 24, 2012, 10:27:47 am »

I kind of like having mods where the good items are from common materials. The abundance of mods where they're all the "super special item" that takes two diamonds and another modded block made of diamonds and gold and whatever is ridiculous. I get that diamonds and gold are rare so they're used for high-power things, but when every mod and it's dog requires that you throw in a load of diamonds into a crafting recipe to use its items it gets a little silly.
No I'm not bitter because I never get diamonds shut up D:
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: August 24, 2012, 10:35:35 am »

I can understand that, it is kind of annoying when the rarest item in the game is required to do anything cool, but at the same time, zeppelins only need like iron and wood (last I checked) not even any redstone or gold or anything to make everything you own instantly mobile.  And not just mobile, but insanely mobile.  If it took like, a certain item upgrade to make the ship move more blocks, or it took another upgrade to move faster, then it might be better.  But it's essentially endless utility for just about free.  It's fun and all, but it's sorta like "look at my airship" and then "big deal, some dirt and iron makes an airship."

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: August 24, 2012, 10:44:13 am »

I think that performance modifiers were a thing that were going to be added in the future and it was kind of cobbled together the way it is just to have something that worked. But I agree with you entirely on that it should be harder to make something that can go insanely fast and is invincible and whatever.
And that the answer to everything that is overly powerful for its difficulty to obtain isn't to just ut diamonds/obsidian/ghast tears in the recipe. Because the content in mods that you can use is more or less entirely end-game it seems.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: August 24, 2012, 10:48:19 am »

there is another way too, you can make it awesome but impractical, like the electric wrench of ic2, which use no diamonds but is a pita to keep charged for large scale projects. (but can later work off the lappack's energy, which uses diamods and lapis)

so, tiers, useful but impractical, and high end stuff working transversally with lower tiers tools
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 326