Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 976467 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #2160 on: August 08, 2012, 07:08:52 am »

*Hugs*

SP2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: August 08, 2012, 07:16:11 am »

I've used that before and crashed my game with an error to do with arrays or something (a while back, can't remember the exact error).

Since Crafting Table III doesn't work properly with the latest IC2, does any one know of a replacement which works in SSP?

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: August 08, 2012, 01:26:16 pm »

Whoa, I just found this addon for IC2, looks pretty sweet...

Nuclear Control

Honestly, I don't know how anyone can run a nuclear power plant without this thing. I've been trying to make a decent Redpower Forth program that uses timed events to turn on and off a series of reactors before they go critical, and there just isn't a good non-hackish way to do it.

Even if I still want to use Redpower Control, the temperature monitor is indispensable.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: August 08, 2012, 02:16:29 pm »

I want more aura type mods in minecraft. The taint from thaumcraft was awesome, and I really would like some things like pollution and radiation from nuclear power plants in the game.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: August 08, 2012, 02:31:13 pm »

But nuclear power plants don't pollute, and the whole point of having such a dense reactor chamber is to prevent radiation from leaking out...

EDIT: The one thing that'd cause radiation anyway, i.e nukes or reactors exploding, has massive craters instead so it'd basically just be adding insult to injury. Not only is there a giant hole where your house used to be, you also can't grow anything or live within a huge radius of the actual explosion for 100 minecraft days! Or something to that effect.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 02:32:53 pm by Baneling »
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: August 08, 2012, 02:40:25 pm »

Pollution would be awesome. Have it as a sum of all machines running over time, when the level gets high, the sky starts getting clouded out, when it gets really high you get acid rain, which destroys the leaves of trees and damages entities out in it. Pollution of machines could be reduced with a catalytic converter upgrade.
*Hugs*

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: August 08, 2012, 02:59:44 pm »

Pollution would be awesome. Have it as a sum of all machines running over time, when the level gets high, the sky starts getting clouded out, when it gets really high you get acid rain, which destroys the leaves of trees and damages entities out in it.

Exactly what I was thinking.

But nuclear power plants don't pollute, and the whole point of having such a dense reactor chamber is to prevent radiation from leaking out...

EDIT: The one thing that'd cause radiation anyway, i.e nukes or reactors exploding, has massive craters instead so it'd basically just be adding insult to injury. Not only is there a giant hole where your house used to be, you also can't grow anything or live within a huge radius of the actual explosion for 100 minecraft days! Or something to that effect.

Yeah I meant pollution from burning coal and oil and stuff. And I would also like nuclear power plants to be more then a cube. I want to have to BUILD a reactor to get immense amounts of power, and have to keep an eye on it. Radiation leaks and all that.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: August 08, 2012, 03:01:31 pm »

But if there are radiation leaks, that means the reactor has been built badly, i.e in a way that it's not going to be producing much energy.

If radiation can get out then the heat caused by fission reactions is already exploding your whole entire everything.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: August 08, 2012, 03:02:53 pm »

I'd LOVE to build nuclear reactors Buildcraft-furnace-style.
Dammit, I want to make a realistic minecraft mod ;(
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: August 08, 2012, 03:04:22 pm »

I just want a decent large 1.3.1 mod which isn't Forge dependent at all.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #2170 on: August 08, 2012, 03:09:22 pm »

Pollution would be awesome. Have it as a sum of all machines running over time, when the level gets high, the sky starts getting clouded out, when it gets really high you get acid rain, which destroys the leaves of trees and damages entities out in it. Pollution of machines could be reduced with a catalytic converter upgrade.
Wouldn't it be somewhat redundant to make pollution reducing furnace addon for furnaces? That's why we got the geothermals and solars and stuff.
Though, having different fuels produce different amounts of pollution, as well as certain reactions producing pollution too.
So something like charcoal making in a furnace producing some pollution, and then burning it in a generator alone would produce more pollution than burning coal in a generator alone, as coal and coke are fairly clean fuels in comparison to charcoal.

THOUGH, there should be a way for radiation to be handled in reactors.
If there could be a radioactive waste item with a system to track where they are (who knows how that'd be implemented), they could have radiation leak into the local environment around radiation, and doing something like dropping it on to lava, cactus, or allow it to despawn, it should leak a truly substantial amount of radiation in the environment.
So you could bury it in a box deep underground to prevent it from instantly tainting the local area in radiation, like everyone usually does, but it'll still leak slowly in the area around it.
This is still assuming someone could get a system that tracks where items are put into boxes or placed and such, which is borderline ridiculous to figure out, and perhaps should require an entity based system. Piles of radioactive waste under your reactor that you gotta grab with a special item like portal gun grabbing cubes, and move it somewhere else? Perhaps.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: August 08, 2012, 03:11:28 pm »

Why is "not forge dependant" a criteria?
*Hugs*

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: August 08, 2012, 03:13:38 pm »

Why is "not forge dependant" a criteria?

Because most good mods I have seen requires forge.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: August 08, 2012, 03:14:47 pm »

That's because most modders actually like being compatible with other mods, and not needing to make a fuckload of base class edits.
*Hugs*

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: August 08, 2012, 03:15:47 pm »

That's because most modders actually like being compatible with other mods, and not needing to make a fuckload of base class edits.

The reason why I want one that isn't forge dependent, is because Forge isn't updated yet.

edit: So this isn't a "Forge sucks!" rant.  :P
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 326