Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 976894 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Minecraft - Major Mods Thread
« Reply #1635 on: July 03, 2012, 05:52:50 am »

Still no tin though, so we lack machinery
We shall find some, worry not!

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: July 03, 2012, 06:11:31 am »

I've also made a chest where I'm dumping useless worldbooks, you can delete those worlds if you want/need to.
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1637 on: July 03, 2012, 06:16:34 am »

I've also made a chest where I'm dumping useless worldbooks, you can delete those worlds if you want/need to.
If you give me a list of age numbers I will delete them when I get home.

Also I enjoyed reading about your exploits last night/this morning. Creeper blowing up your linking book home, etc. Hehehe

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: July 03, 2012, 06:29:25 am »

Creeper blowing up my me works too :P

CaveWorld spawn appears to have changed for me too, I'm respawning in a random jungle with no linking book in sight QQ
*Hugs*

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: July 03, 2012, 07:22:18 am »

Whats in the chest left of the book crafting tables?
As it gives me a nullpointer exception, so i messed up somewhere.
(i just installed it and threw the additional mods in the mods folder, then threw the configs in the config folder)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1640 on: July 03, 2012, 07:24:25 am »

Whats in the chest left of the book crafting tables?
As it gives me a nullpointer exception, so i messed up somewhere.
(i just installed it and threw the additional mods in the mods folder, then threw the configs in the config folder)
Did you install weaponmod correctly? You have to unpack the zip file as I said. Inside the weaponmod zip is another zip file and a folder. Both of those must go in your mods folder.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: July 03, 2012, 07:28:33 am »

Oh god, i'm so retarded, i installed the folder, but then i accidently put the original .zip (the one that contains the "right" .zip and the folder) in.
Thanks.

it works now

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1642 on: July 03, 2012, 07:30:16 am »

Oh god, i'm so retarded, i installed the folder, but then i accidently put the original .zip (the one that contains the "right" .zip and the folder) in.
Thanks.
Yep, no problem.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1643 on: July 03, 2012, 07:52:03 am »

Does anyone know of a good mod with lockable containers/doors? I used to use the more storage mod but the author hasn't posted since 10 april so I'm leery of using it as it may be abandoned.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: July 03, 2012, 08:01:02 am »

Why do I always install EE? This time I promised myself I'd only use it for the mercurial eye. I mean, it's a pretty handy tool, right?

EE is amazing, but every time I install it I always reach a point, right where I get my first collector/relay/condenser flower set up where I just realized I made an infinite everything machine. I look at it for a moment, marvel... and then... poof... all my plans are for naught. My RP2 mining rig? Why bother? I've got a destruction catalyst, and if I need any ores I just wait a couple of minutes for a dark matter to pop out and I've got all I need. All my Thaumcraft research and tools? Except a few neat particle effects most of that stuff I can do with EE as well and easier. My huge planned out sorting, refining, and semi-auto crafting system combining both RP2 and BC? Why bother... Who needs bees?

Maybe it's time for a new world. One without alchemy. And this time I'll just make do with putting my blocks down one at a time.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: July 03, 2012, 08:04:34 am »

Alternatively, buildcraft at least has means to automate building, so...

Bit slower, but more clumsy (initial setup stuff), but you can still avoid the block by block thing.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: July 03, 2012, 08:06:59 am »

That's just the blueprint/builder thing, right? Presumably I'd only be able to make copies of things I've already done by hand.

Or am I missing something?

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: July 03, 2012, 08:11:07 am »

Could I get whitelisted or w/e for that server?

BC also has the 'filler' which will build from scratch; though mostly limited to structures obviously.

I tend to like EE for its alchemy pouches; though I avoid most of the rest of it like the plague.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: July 03, 2012, 08:13:23 am »

The alchemy pouches are nice, but even those... I feel like. "Well, why even bother building a base to store things in. I've got 6 pouches here, more than enough to kill anything alive. More than enough to carry anything I need for any circumstance.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: July 03, 2012, 08:15:36 am »

Which is precisely why I like them; you can roam until you find a perfect spot instead of needing to shuttle chestloads of junk back and forth each time you move on. My last technic map I settled about 14km from spawn.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 08:18:47 am by alway »
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 326