Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 976828 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Major Mods Thread
« Reply #1515 on: June 26, 2012, 09:38:34 pm »

I would play that for sure, if not only for the sick fascination.

T... totally not because I want to, or anything like that! N... nope, totally not. Pervert. *blushes, looks away*
FTFY.

And yeah, that is a thing I'd probably give a run through.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: June 27, 2012, 11:52:31 am »

I would play that for sure, if not only for the sick fascination.

T... totally not because I want to, or anything like that! N... nope, totally not. Pervert. *blushes, looks away*
FTFY.

And yeah, that is a thing I'd probably give a run through.

Same here.
I'm just that perverted. Many people are that perverted.

Anyway, in my ssp quest to try and learn shit about tekkit, i have not done anything related to tekkit at all, except for planting flax and mining ores.
The main mining area is up, at the optimal level 14, and i'm using the phoenix X-mining (?) technique.
the farm is up too, so i wont starve to death, and design for the exterior house (i'm living in a little hole in a hill right now) has begun, glass is being made.

EDIT:

God, the redpower wiki format is just luridiculous.
You have to SIGN UP AND REQUEST MEMBERSHIP just to view a damn page :/

EDIT2:

Havent found a rubber tree yet.
This is slowing down my progress by QUITE A BIT.

(i'm using tekkit, but not all of tekkit, because i am trying to learn so i can decently play on the server.)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 11:12:38 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1517 on: June 28, 2012, 11:54:37 pm »

Don't know if any of you know about this yet but the VoxelBox will be having an open server day on June 30. So yeah, Saturday if you manage to get in you will be able to tour the epic worlds held within. Oh and they have a video thing for the open server day which does a little tour of some of the places on their server so you can check out their builds a little bit in case you don't know of it already.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1518 on: June 28, 2012, 11:57:12 pm »

Don't know if any of you know about this yet but the VoxelBox will be having an open server day on June 30. So yeah, Saturday if you manage to get in you will be able to tour the epic worlds held within. Oh and they have a video thing for the open server day which does a little tour of some of the places on their server so you can check out their builds a little bit in case you don't know of it already.
While it looks neat, I find myself with absolutely no interest in 'touring' someone else's server. What is the point? They do seem to have some pretty scenery, but I didn't see anything else.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1519 on: June 29, 2012, 12:08:13 am »

There are a number of reasons one might want to tour the place. To start off they are The VoxelBox which is something of mention in and of itself but your response says this is not enough so on with the reasons then. Next up is if you like Simon and Lewis then you can probably go and see some of the places they have been and maybe depending on how the open day works maybe even play on that golf course they played on. After that is there are probably a good number of builds in the server that you wont see unless you go there as we only see the few that happen to make it into videos so while normally just touring a place could be boring in a place like the VoxelBox where the only way in is to prove you skill at building interesting things it could turn out quite interesting and in the least provide ideas for your own future builds. Then of course is the redstone wizardry they have going on in the server, everything from a game of rock paper scissor that you can play against other or against the computer to a giant game of whack a mole and thats just the things I have seen in videos. Finally is that while it may be just a tour it sounds like if you wanted to join their server mentioning you went to the open day is likely to be something in your favor plus you will be able to exam their builds closer then you would get in a video and thus having a better chance at being able to make something that would get you approved.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1520 on: June 29, 2012, 12:27:44 am »

Oh is this some kind of youtube celebrity thing? I have never heard of the VoxelBox nor 'Simon and Lewis'. I watched the video and as I said, they have some interesting set pieces but nothing that overly impressed me. The redstone 'wizardry' is of faint interest to me, but only if it's using the more advanced redstone mods like redpower. I have no interest at all in vanilla redstone mechanics.

So I guess I give about 0.28 shits, which is not enough for me to be interested. I did enjoy the video though, so thanks for that.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1521 on: June 29, 2012, 12:44:46 am »

Honeydew and Xephos, YogsCast who are some of the more famous people who do Minecraft videos its just that they refer to themselves by their names when talkings so I just say Simon and Lewis because I forget the other names. As for the VoxelBox they are the people that developed things like VoxelSniper and various other tools for their server and then released it so others could use the stuff. They are one of the bigger names when it comes to servers as they are very hard to join because the required skill to join is high. So YogsCast = YouTube thing and VoxelBox = Very good builds and amazing server addons, both are famous with Minecraft in general though.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1522 on: June 29, 2012, 12:59:18 am »

Honeydew and Xephos, YogsCast
Is that the series with the annoying accents and the one guy who has a really high pitched voice and tends to 'squeee' a lot? I stopped watching that after a few episodes. Not really my thing.

As for the VoxelBox they are the people that developed things like VoxelSniper and various other tools for their server and then released it so others could use the stuff. They are one of the bigger names when it comes to servers as they are very hard to join because the required skill to join is high. So YogsCast = YouTube thing and VoxelBox = Very good builds and amazing server addons, both are famous with Minecraft in general though.
Neat. I had never heard of voxelbox. Good that they're making things for people I suppose. I haven enough fun with my own server and game that I don't pay much attention to the 'minecraft celebrity scene'. Not trying to be difficult, just don't care much about yogscast as I intensely dislike their videos and personalities.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1523 on: June 29, 2012, 01:07:23 am »

I was just answer your questions as you asked them really. Not everyone likes the YogsCast and when it comes to stuff like YouTube voice is a really important thing so not liking their accent is a good enough reason to not watch them. I know there are a few popular YouTube types that I just can't stand their voices even though a lot of people like them.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1524 on: June 29, 2012, 05:59:46 am »

I doubt its intended behavior, but it seems that thaumcraft is detecting the old disabled recipe for creosote oil (a railcraft item you used to get from cooking coal). I mined some coal with the pickaxe of the core and it dropped bottles of creosote oil. Wooo

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: June 29, 2012, 06:45:40 am »

Are there any good tekkit servers out there?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: June 29, 2012, 07:23:45 am »

I suggest checking the Tekkit server portion of the Technic forums. I play on Terra Novo and Rawrtech from time to time.
*Hugs*

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1527 on: June 29, 2012, 10:16:30 am »

Voxelbox sounds like one of those 'elites' that gaze upon others from their shiny throne up high >.>
iirc they have their own mode in Technic?

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: June 29, 2012, 10:46:22 am »

You can download the Voxel Modpack via the Technic launcher, yes.
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1529 on: June 29, 2012, 11:26:21 am »

FYI anyone who liked it, Powercraft is updating again and is fairly neat. http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/842589-125-power-craft-factory-mod-new-prerelease-34pre4/

Adds lots of machines, a controllable/programmable mining machine, some decorative blocks and nifty conveyor belts
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 326