Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 976563 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Major Mods Thread
« Reply #1215 on: May 24, 2012, 06:20:29 am »

Sengir has removed the code with the most recent releases of Forestry, you'll need to be using the Technic dev build however, which is rather unstable and missing a lot of mods at the moment.
*Hugs*

kingofthescots

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: May 24, 2012, 06:24:43 am »

Great, thanks! I've been using the dev build to try out mystcraft, which is a lot of fun.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: May 24, 2012, 07:02:54 am »

Great, thanks! I've been using the dev build to try out mystcraft, which is a lot of fun.

Unless you get stuck in an age, with no way to get back except keep switching ages until you find a star fissure, which crashes your games with memory loss and makes you lose everything.  >:(

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1218 on: May 24, 2012, 07:05:15 am »

Unless you get stuck in an age, with no way to get back except keep switching ages until you find a star fissure, which crashes your games with memory loss and makes you lose everything.  >:(
That is no different from getting stuck in the Nether with no way back because you forgot to bring a flint and steel and a ghast shot blew out your portal.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: May 24, 2012, 07:08:45 am »

That is no different from getting stuck in the Nether with no way back because you forgot to bring a flint and steel and a ghast shot blew out your portal.

Dieing doesn't get you back to the overworld in mystcraft, and if you have coal you can craft some fire charges to get back.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1220 on: May 24, 2012, 07:10:52 am »

We can play the if game all day but the point is getting stuck is your own fault, not that of the game.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: May 24, 2012, 07:16:04 am »

I've taken to savestating my inventory before every book, I tend to crash a lot.
*Hugs*

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: May 24, 2012, 07:30:51 am »

Heh, I just made a few EE bags of the same color and stored everything in them.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: May 24, 2012, 07:32:37 am »

Not much good when the game crashes and you lose everything :P
*Hugs*

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: May 24, 2012, 08:07:30 am »

No, I mean I would store everything except the book I was using in a bag on my person, then have a bunch of spares stored in a chest at home. If I crashed, I would just sigh, head back to my base, and pick up another bag. (EE bags share inventory with all other bags of the same color) They're not all that expensive.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: May 24, 2012, 08:08:18 am »

Eh, I prefer to just savestate, I'd rather not have to spend a diamond every time the game crashes.
*Hugs*

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: May 24, 2012, 08:22:40 am »

Another alternative is to dump everything in a chest, leaving only a descriptive book and a linking book on your person. That way, you only lose the book to a crashy age and a linking book. I like to think of it as accidentally ending up in a lovecraftian setting by mistake, going temporarily insane, but reading the linking book and running away screaming before you black out.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: May 24, 2012, 09:05:12 am »

Also, EE bags have a tendency to make items go poof when you're playing offline. At least, for me.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1228 on: May 24, 2012, 09:12:54 am »

I keep all my tools in an ender chest which is cross-dimensional, then just carry another ender chest with me to new worlds and plop it down as needed. It has linking books to the overworld inside as well.

My initial foray into new worlds consist of iron tools, iron armor, iron sword, linking book, book stand, stack of cobblestone and usually a philosopher's stone. I enter the world, create a small stone building around the arrival point, plop down the stand/linking book and explore a bit then return to get an ender chest. Once I have the ender chest I have access to all of my tools and such.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: May 24, 2012, 10:20:56 am »

Wait...
Ender Chests work between the overworld and Myst dimensions? :o

Also, EE bags have a tendency to make items go poof when you're playing offline. At least, for me.
Go into your save, go to the data folder, rename bag_*usernamenumber* to bag_*playernumber*
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 326