Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 976511 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Major Mods Thread
« Reply #1155 on: May 22, 2012, 08:48:53 am »

Thanks for making me check again. It wasn't up when I posted that, though, AFAIK.
Whee time to update.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: May 22, 2012, 08:58:59 am »

Yeah, she fixed the bugs she was having issue with, several of them were exclusive to SMP
Also

I lost about 120K EU before realizing that my electrical engines were taking all of the power the Gold cable provided, without any additional speed, so I set up a transformer/batbox to supply them, my Solar Panels currently generate enough power to have one of the electrical engines running without it affecting my main power supply at all, but any combination of the engines can be switched on. I plan on making a more tidy array once I've gotten the resources from this quarrying.
*Hugs*

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: May 22, 2012, 09:27:54 am »

Not bad.
I usually have an MFE/MFSU and the appropriate converters for storing the energy, then appropriate converters and BatBoxes for locally storing it/giving it to the machines.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1158 on: May 22, 2012, 09:28:10 am »

Yeah, she fixed the bugs she was having issue with, several of them were exclusive to SMP
Also

I lost about 120K EU before realizing that my electrical engines were taking all of the power the Gold cable provided, without any additional speed, so I set up a transformer/batbox to supply them, my Solar Panels currently generate enough power to have one of the electrical engines running without it affecting my main power supply at all, but any combination of the engines can be switched on. I plan on making a more tidy array once I've gotten the resources from this quarrying.
Have you checked out the new forestry version? The electrical engines can take batteries and energy crystals now, which is kind of nice for some applications.

As for powering quarries with EU, I have a generator room in my base. 6 electrical engines feed into 2 power teleport pipes and I have a sign with various frequencies. Each engine can be started and stopped individually, and the frequency list on my signs tells me where I can send the power. It works very well, and since I can start/stop each engine individually I don't waste much EU. I use mainly geothermal power combined with water mills with some trickle from a tiny solar array which I've stopped building.

I'll run out of lava eventually but so far its provided me all the power I could need. I happened to find a fairly big volcano and have been pumping it dry.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: May 22, 2012, 09:29:09 am »

Why does every do that 9x9 of Direwolf's???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1160 on: May 22, 2012, 09:31:53 am »

No idea. I don't... My base looks like a farm on the surface and a lot of machinery underneath with two long pipelines coming in with oil and lava pumping in.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: May 22, 2012, 09:34:17 am »

I don't either. I use just a solar array on top of my house, an automated mess of IC/BC/RP/RC coal-into-fuel thingies.

Also, Neyvn. Awesome avatar. :D
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: May 22, 2012, 09:34:30 am »

Nice, I'll need to grab that when I'm done playing.

Right now I have an MFE feeding my 4 advanced machines and my recycler, it's got a generator next to it for slow power generation, and a geothermal that I use for emergency gen, so my solar panels are my main power provider at the moment, I'm planning on getting a few hydro generators set up once I get enough iron to make them, then I'll work on getting some teleports with Thaumcraft so I can relocate my base to a better location.

It's a very simple modular design, and works pretty well for my needs.

The far left building is my bedroom/storage, next to that is my library (The large window is above my Quaesitum), the library is connected to my factory (the one with the cables sticking out :P) and my writing room (the one to the right of the library) my Thaumatorium is located underneath my library and connects to my mine, because creepers kept blowing me up when I left. The marble floored room is currently used for nothing.
*Hugs*

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: May 22, 2012, 09:41:35 am »

Technic Pack has to much stuff I don't understand all of it D:

On another note: Are there any B12 run Tekkit servers?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1164 on: May 22, 2012, 09:57:00 am »

Technic Pack has to much stuff I don't understand all of it D:

On another note: Are there any B12 run Tekkit servers?
Yeah I really should get on with my idea of making easy-to-understand mod guides.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: May 22, 2012, 10:37:19 am »

Aye I tend to do the Direwolf 9x9, I'm gonna update all my mods and try and make my stuff look nice in my next game though.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: May 22, 2012, 11:06:25 am »

My first house is usually my various factories, so I see no need to make it look aesthetically pleasing. I can generate a realm and build a 50 chunk mansion in it if I want nice.

Meanwhile, apparently all of my advanced machines have decided it'd be totally cool to completely drain my power grid whilst not doing anything.
*Hugs*

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: May 22, 2012, 11:17:17 am »

Most of the advance stuff drains a bit of power if you leave them on with nothing to do, to stay spun up and ready. It's fairly small, but adds up, yeah.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: May 22, 2012, 11:35:01 am »

They only do that if you have Redstone current connected to them, and it's only 1EU/t per machine, I'm talking totally draining my MFE within seconds.
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1169 on: May 22, 2012, 11:48:22 am »

They only do that if you have Redstone current connected to them, and it's only 1EU/t per machine, I'm talking totally draining my MFE within seconds.
Use an EU-meter to track down the drain?
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 326