Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 975145 times)

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Major Mods Thread
« Reply #225 on: April 17, 2012, 03:31:22 pm »

Surely RedPower 2 isn't in considering it's not released for 1.2.5?

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 17, 2012, 03:36:01 pm »

Managed? I ran the launcher and told it to always use development builds. I ran the game and it worked.

There is some odd graphical corruption now and then, but it's just cosmetic. Pigs that are just floating pig heads, testificates with no arms, sheep with no faces, iron golems made up of random textures, junk like that. Quitting and relaunching fixes it.

There's a fix for that, depending on what version you're using. OptiFine seems to have some troubles with the HD_B_S version, at least in 1.2.3. If it's 1.2.3, you can use the file at this link: http://optifine.net/adloadba.php?f=OptiFine_1.2.3_HD_B.zip

Put that in your .techniclauncher/technicssp/bin/modpack.jar, the problems will go away.

If the problem still exists in 1.2.5, then you probably have to track down the 1.2.5 verison.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 03:39:08 pm by Lightning4 »

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 17, 2012, 04:24:55 pm »

You managed to get in the game with all mods? on 1.2.5. 7.0.0?

Managed? I ran the launcher and told it to always use development builds. I ran the game and it worked.

There is some odd graphical corruption now and then, but it's just cosmetic. Pigs that are just floating pig heads, testificates with no arms, sheep with no faces, iron golems made up of random textures, junk like that. Quitting and relaunching fixes it.
Thats interesting, when i manually select the 1.2.5 i cant even update it, but using the always use latest dev it work o.0

Edit: thats not 1.2.5 thats 1.2.3 version you are playing....
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 17, 2012, 06:20:44 pm »

It is? The launcher is telling me 7.0.0|1.2.5.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 17, 2012, 06:42:02 pm »

How do I make a Bloomery in TFC? I tried the recipe in the Wiki but that isn't working.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 17, 2012, 07:01:27 pm »

If you have Not Enough Items installed, you can search for the item and press R whilst hovering over it to see the recipe.

Also, I'll update the OP with the other suggested mods tomorrow, but for now I'm heading to bed, sorry for the delays.
*Hugs*

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 17, 2012, 07:02:39 pm »

Trust me, If I had NEI installed, I would have already done that :P

I asked the question is because I don't have NEI.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 17, 2012, 07:04:10 pm »

My suggestion is to install it then :P

Never actually got around to using TFCraft, so I've no bloody idea myself.
*Hugs*

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 17, 2012, 09:39:36 pm »

It is? The launcher is telling me 7.0.0|1.2.5.

Yeah the launcher tell's you its 7.0.0 | 1.2.5. but the server give you that 1.2.3 files, when minecraft start and your at the first menu look at the lower left, it tells you the minecraft version, if it says 1.2.3 it cannot be 1.2.5. ;)
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 18, 2012, 01:05:26 am »

While its not really a mod, its kinda a Mod Pack or something as this is a Vech's Style Map.

Feed the Beast. Currently stuck in 1.2.3 due to Mods not being fully compatible with 1.2.5 and current testing. Feed the beast takes the Wool Challenges of Vech maps and meshes it with a Skyblock style map, start with nothing but a few Items and begin crafting certain items that you feed to the beast, the beast rewards you with something that makes another item easier to obtain and so forth. It can be played solo or even multiplayer and turns it into a Race between you and a friend or even a Group vs Group style depending on the map...

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1052619-123-feed-the-beast-stopgap-release/

ATM though the only map available is the single player version but with some adjustment with World Edit, no doubt you could make it multiplayer...

Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 18, 2012, 03:43:37 am »

Not much is missing for the new 1.2.5 tho, let's cross our finger it get ready for the week end

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 18, 2012, 03:59:46 am »

Minor suggestion: Sort the mods by version compatibility too.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 18, 2012, 07:42:12 am »

If you want some more buildingblocks try inficraft, - the one mentioned in this thread by Naxza a few days ago.
The Orizon part adds a lot more stone types to the game. It seems to me as if it was inspired by DF. It will also make minecarts with chests more usefull. I have no idea if it plays nicely with most of your major mods, though. No microcline yet, either. :P

minecraftforum
Wiki
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 18, 2012, 10:55:04 am »

Noticed that Smart Moving doesn't have it's version number listed.

And NEI is up to date too.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 18, 2012, 11:04:58 am »

I noticed a AWESOMELY GREAT mod that is missing here.
Its called single player commands.
Gives you a metric fuckton of commands, consisting of server admin commands and much, much, much, much much much much more.
(like spawning mobs, giving yourself items by typing an item name, worldeedit(!) and more stuff like that, its really usefull. also, a fly command.
A
FLY
COMMAND)

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 326