Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 44

Author Topic: Brightwater: Community fortress of science, oceans, and animal taming  (Read 154825 times)

BeserkNINJA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Brightwater: Community fortress of science, oceans, and animal taming
« Reply #270 on: May 02, 2012, 10:07:39 am »

so quick question has higginbottom been givin his giant armored war pangolin or not?

by the way loving this fort. cheers

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #271 on: May 02, 2012, 10:08:48 am »

so quick question has higginbottom been givin his giant armored war pangolin or not?

Yes.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

BeserkNINJA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 02, 2012, 10:10:24 am »

what does obokdeg mean?

thanks for replying so quick by the way.

Maxmurder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 02, 2012, 10:17:16 am »

An exerpt from Maxmurder's journal:

'I was given a slice of a creature called a "Tofurkey" today. I was a little put off when my piece started squirming, but Will_Tuna assured me it was safe to eat. Very bland and rubbery, but a flock of them could keep the fort alive if the goblins decide to lay siege. I bet Will_Tuna could even make them taste good, given some quarry bush leaves or sparrow brains.

In other news the magma forges are nearly finished. It humbles a dwarf to see somthing he helped create fill up with red hot magma...'
The Sponge has become enraged!
Without a nervous system...
The only thing they can feel...
IS ANGER.

BeserkNINJA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 02, 2012, 10:38:00 am »

Higginbottoms journal

finally some meat from the caves, if only it wast so lively after getting cooked but meat is meat and as a true dwarf i enjoy my meat.....

anyway that cilob feller gave me that pangolin i scared sh*tless the other week as a present for being the greatest dwarf in the fort. i mean who can blame him for admiringing the pinnacle of dwarven genetics. anyway i name it inod a good solid name i hope i can teach to enjoy eating kobold flesh as much as i do anyway i can see the elf-lover approaching so im off wouldn't be wantin him to get a hand on me memoirs.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 02, 2012, 11:22:04 am »

Graknorke's Journal

I was looking around the trade depot after I finished my last entry, and I saw the first thing in what will no doubt be a long string of new and interesting things coming caverns. It was a strange bird, but on closer examination, it was actually some sort of fungus. It was so strange, sort of translucent. I will endeavour to get some of it when there's some more butchered "meat" available. In the meantime, I've still to send my preposition to the Baroness and her advisor, I think I'll touch it up a little maybe even suggesting they appoint me the Head of Cavernous Operations! Yes, that would be very good. In fact, when I was taking a look in the forge room to try and have another conversation with the Ancient Voices (Yes that is their name now), I felt the floor being strangely warm, and could hear a strange rumbling and rolling of activity beneath me. It's as if the very caverns are coming alive.

Speaking of the Voices, I saw them in my dreams last night! They showed themselves as wonderful beasts, enormous snakes with gently pulsing bodies, creatures that have been forgotten in time, with bone formations creating a wonderful pattern across their skins and making quick corrective movements to their stances. It's the first time they've ever spoken to me like this, and it was all of them supporting me, reassuring my doubts and helping me to get the resolve to meet my destiny!

I know they're waiting to greet me as soon as I start. I just do.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 02, 2012, 02:23:36 pm »

Weiss's Journal:

Got myself a pet badger, took awhile to train him.  Maybe if we catch enough of em' we can domesticate'em for the whole race to have.  Thats an interesting idea...

Phones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 02, 2012, 03:07:02 pm »

Formal Request to Cilob, Head Animal Trainer

As head guard and peacekeeper of this fortress I request bears of some type be added to my squads ranks. I hope you can fulfill these requests Cilob and I've seen your work with those giant.. birds... Anyway, I can see you doing great things with those beasts and hope to see them enlisted under my command soon.

-Phones (Not Pheones)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 02, 2012, 03:27:33 pm »

how am i?
I havent heard anything besides the white horseshoe crab blood, wait, what? its blue not white!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 02, 2012, 03:28:54 pm »

I actualy would like my dorf's name to be changed to 'Kylin' to avoid confusion.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 02, 2012, 03:32:35 pm »

I have anger issues with screwed-up things.

And now for something completely different:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

ObeseHelmet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 02, 2012, 03:41:29 pm »

Journal of "ObeseHelmet," Elf-Obsessed Semi-Speardwarf
Entry 1

Hi journal!

I find that the dwarves of this fortress are extremely prejudiced against elves. Well that's to be expected seeing as they are all abusers of wood and obsessed with metals and being buried honorably beneath the earth. When it's my time to die I call an extremely tall pillar of wood.

It is true, possibly, that my meager armament will end up getting me killed sooner or later. But then I'd surely be transported to Elf Heaven.

On a happier note, there's this great new stuff called Tofurkey. It's like meat, but without the guilt! Finally, I can be suitably elvish while also satisfying my very dwarven pangs of hunger! However I did observe Saint looking at the tofurkeys with a subtle red gleam in his eye, and a flitting evil grin, which quickly dissipated. I think I'm the only dwarfwannabe elf who is at all suspicious of that guy. But of course no one will ever listen to me.

At least I have a wife and twelve children to vent my anger and elvish passions on to.

Praise the trees,
ObeseHelmet
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 09:13:43 pm by ObeseHelmet »

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 02, 2012, 03:43:38 pm »

Are there any free non-important military male dwarves yet? If yes, name one 'Tehsapper' and set his profession 'Monkdwarf'. Then remove all weapons (maybe except shields) from his inventory and hand him a good quality robe. If there are multiple chooses, choose the most reserved and calm one.

We are at the moment completely out of military dwarves who can be claimed.

As head guard and peacekeeper of this fortress I request bears of some type be added to my squads ranks.

Sadly, we have yet to see a single bear of any type, but we will keep a look out for you.

I actualy would like my dorf's name to be changed to 'Kylin' to avoid confusion.

Will do.  I don't have access to the save at the moment, but I'll check on that tonight.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

ObeseHelmet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 02, 2012, 03:46:16 pm »

FYI, I actually am reasonably anti-elf as my normal DF-playing self. I just wanted to try on the elf obsessed persona, just this once.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 02, 2012, 03:49:50 pm »

FYI, I actually am reasonably anti-elf as my normal DF-playing self. I just wanted to try on the elf obsessed persona, just this once.

I could make you a wooden house aboveground among the trees away from the rest of the fortress, but that would require cutting down trees for the lumber.  Oh, the dilemma.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 44