Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 58

Author Topic: Roll to Explore the Dungeon: Ch.2 T.38: Do you even praise the King?  (Read 120520 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon! Turn Seventeen, Part One
« Reply #330 on: May 21, 2012, 11:02:14 pm »

((Weaponize it.))
Sparkly beam of the yaoi couple?
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon! Turn Seventeen, Part One
« Reply #331 on: May 22, 2012, 03:40:14 am »

Helskaya tries to sleep harder.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile

Turn Seventeen, Part Two: Plot Advancement. Sorry, guys.

No changes at all. Boredom overwhelms the party, and the desire to break the ice grows ever larger.
Remy starts off. "Hello there, new meat!  Don't die, the last one left a huge mess, amirite guys?" Sadly, nobody of his group follows up on that. The situation becomes awkward very quickly as nobody seems to care about him. Taren starts maintaining his equipment, beginning with the sword. Helskaya becomes a polar bear and sleeps - again, nobody is surprised, with the wizard guy's possible expection, but he looks like he has seen way too much anyway. The first one to talk again is Maka. She had been unable to contain her excitement anyway, so she started chatting up the pool guy.
"Hello! My name's Maka, what's yours? Are you here for eldritch power also? What do you do? I make minions, mostly. Nobody around here has any! Except whoever's got the key zombie, if that's not just her. It's so exciting to see people who don't look like they belong in a farming pen!"
While he seems to be a little alienated, he actually answers. He speaks slowly, weighing every word.
"Eldritch power should not be pursued by adventurers like you. We of the Guild know too much of it to let it loose. Turn back while you still can."
With these words spoken, he falls into silence again, and Maka loses interest. Uptight sticks-in-the-mud. Rath however, well, starts being Rath again. The wait has driven him a little more insane than usual, and he starts beating up (3) the totally-a-ninja. That is, he tries to beat up the thin air where the ninja was a millisecond ago, and falls face-first onto the cheap chair, which breaks. This rejection deeply moves Rath, and he starts running outside to cry. In doing so he bumps into Apollo, and <BIG GAY BALL OF YAOI>
"QUIT THAT SHIT! YOU TWO SUCK SO HAAAAAARD!"
Cue colorful beatdown by Maka approved by more or less every single adventurer in the room.
More time passes. Nothing of note happens anymore. The other people in the room all get called one after the other, they enter the office, then they leave.
Finally, the secretary calls the party in. They enter, including Maka.

--

The office has changed a bit since the last time you were in it. It has become larger, apparently - someone has been messing with spatial control magic, it seems. Overall, there is also more stuff inside - books, paperwork, magic trinkets - and a door that is titled "Dungeon". You find it best to not inquire.
Elizabeth is sitting at the desk, as always, and is writing something with quill and inkwell. Hearing the door creak as every good door should, she looks up from her writing. Her calm mood cracks a little when she sees the new party member.
"...Maka? That is YOU? What the hell."
"Oh hey it's Auntie Liz! Wow, what are you doing here!"
"You are a disgrace upon my family name in specific and magicians in general. You look absolutely ridiculous and I regret being born to the same parents that gave birth to your grandfather. And, what are YOU doing here?"
"Seeking adventure, making servants, becoming the very best wizard there ever was. You know the drill!"
"Oh, man... well, whatever. I'm not in the position to scold you for your choices in life. Even the way you are currently, you are still about as normal as they come in the Voile family." She sighs. "But you -could- pick something less stupid to wear and please don't drag my name in the mud."
"Anyway, let's talk business, as we were originally going to."
She spreads a map. "As you know, this Bureau exists to facilitate the exploration of the dungeon. The dangers lying in it are trendemous and lethal, as the bodycount proves." She pulls out a long list and tosses it on the table for illustration. "But an organized party of skilled individuals - like you are, I experienced that firsthand. However..." Another paper is pulled out. It is covered in scribbled notes from someone with really bad handwriting.
"We have gotten a few reports from the second floor - or, rather, second stratum - now. The source should not be considered all that reliable, so I'll need to confirm the info first. However, they state that the stratum is positively crowded with monsters and rather expansive as well. Heading there headlessly will probably spell your doom. That would be a chance I don't want to take, I need you to be good enough to get to the bottom of this without failure. And, for that reason..." she pulls out a pouch. "I am here to help."
"First, here's the reward for a mission fulfilled. This should amount to 800 cp. Split it up among yourselves.
Second, you'll have access to my personal library, or, rather, what has arrived of it by now. It's just past the door that has "Dungeon" written over it. Still, I pride myself on it being the most comprehensive library this side of the world. However, if you damage any book, I'll have your ass. The protection spells don't hold off everything. By the way, Mr. Maelle, there -is- a Chain Revolver User's Manual somewhere in there.
Third, I'll be up for any question or up to middle-sized favor that has something to do with magic from your side, like determining enchantments, removing curses, things like that.
And, finally, I have something to give to you, but that won't be done until this evening. It'll be something along the lines of a magic item, so if you have any preferences... tell me, now.
Well, that's it. Sorry if I bored you, but there will be no free bike card. You'll have time until this evening, so go explore the city or something. I think the vendors have updated their stock. They're on a business opportunity like flies on a horse corpse."
"Oh, before I forget... Miss Zombie, will you please stay? After I'm done with the others, I'll take care of you." She nods.

--

Yeah, do what you want, grind characters, improve spells, get equipment, browse the stores. You have one day to fill, and dependin on how things turn out, perhaps a sidequest or two.
There are far more places in town than previously detailed. For example, Lemongrass General Store, the Adventurer's Severed Head (a pub), the Town Church, the Marketplace, the Riverside Brewery, the Suspicious Ruins...

Character sheets.

Helskaya Arkut (lawastooshort)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Elenor Warsen (Caellath)

Apollo Anderson (Spinal_Taper)

Taren Creyn (Tiruin)

Ratherio Houston (borno)

Remy Maelle (Remaelle)

Maka R'lyeh-Voile (IronyOwl)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 10:22:51 am by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

I'd like to request something shamany, but can't think of anything specific just yet. We should split the pennies equally and I should go to the potion shop and spend all I have split 50/50 on healing potions and mana potions. I would like to explore the library for books on (in order of preference) shamanic armour, transformation (specifically into eagles), invoking the wrath of the northern gods (specifically summoning extreme cold in the form of wind and snow), and spirit journeys / healing.

Incidentally, didn't I have some lumps of magic from that last encounter?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Ratherio's status has some [acronym]s there.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Elenor watched Elizabeth's antics with an utter lack of interest. Back in his time training to become a knight, some people said he used helms which covered his whole head and face - allowing only his eyes to be seen through a slit, for the sake of granting him a good field of vision - to hide his expression at all times, which of course was wrong, since his expression never changed that much anyway.

His grey eyes moved along the room and his teammates. It seems the girl in pink would be joining them, and if first impressions were supposed to hold true, then she would be as much of an unpredictable problem as Ratherio. Well, it did not matter too much, although...

He just decides to ask the overconfident mage some questions for the time being.

"What level of magic items are you talking about? Are you going to give us minor trinkets or are you willing to create magical weapons or enchant them?"
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((I don't mind plot at all  :P Also, no rolls on maintenance? Yay.

Also, IronyOwl is a celebrity. Double Yay!))

Taren nodded, and bade his friends leave. There was much to do, and he didn't want to spend it talking with others. Acting was much more needed.

Excusing himself and passing by Elenor, he exited the building.

Heading towards the Town Church to speak with the Abbot there, or the Priest, whichever is present.

And asks for their blessing.

If not, he prays at the Altar, and donates 2cp to any passing beggars; if possible, teaching them in the ways of independence and self-worth, by working.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

Apollo heads into the library, looking for any books on alchemy.

"You guys do whatever, I'm heading in here." Apollo said, with a strange air of confidence around him.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Incidentally, didn't I have some lumps of magic from that last encounter?

Used second-to-last turn's inventory as baseline. Whoops.

"What level of magic items are you talking about? Are you going to give us minor trinkets or are you willing to create magical weapons or enchant them?"

"I can't whip up really large things in that short a time, between all the other things I have to handle today, so I'll be heading for the "boring, but practical" route. But definitely something quite a bit beyond minor trinkets. Just none of the really flashy stuff."

((I have noticed I fail at writing characters consistently...))
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 10:15:22 am by Errol »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I have noticed I fail at writing characters consistently...))
((A wizard did it.))
>Yes?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

Sell my stinky helmet.  Use that and my share of the money to pay off as much of my debt as I can.
Harvest a spirit's energy to accelerate my own healing.
Read that book on gunchucks usage.
If I still have time, head to the General Store.
In that order.

"Hey Rath, thanks for helping me pay off my debt!"

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sell my stinky helmet.  Use that and my share of the money to pay off as much of my debt as I can.
Harvest a spirit's energy to accelerate my own healing.
Read that book on gunchucks usage.
If I still have time, head to the General Store.
In that order.

"Hey Rath, thanks for helping me pay off my debt!"

((Whoa, Remaelle, slow down on that a bit. I think that with the action timeframe I had in mind this will have to be split in two or three actions.
Besides, you cannot accelerate actual healing of physical wounds with spirits. That's white magic only, and maybe some black magic lifedrain sheganians. Shamanism can mess with people's minds in a large amount of entertaining ways, but spirits have their limits. Problem is amplified by this part of Shamanism - e.g. non-Elementalism - not actually being your character's focus. He can use it, mind that. But he is better at invoking the elementals.
That's just how the magic system works. It's the one thing that drives me to lengthy rants, aside from perhaps accusations of being a lolicon *shiftyeyes*))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

(Oops, sorry.  Just take the top bits then to fit in your timeframe.  I thought we had all day for our actions.  Also I'm still not entirely sure about the limits of the magic system, so just let me know when I've done something I shouldn't have.)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((@GM: Can't say much now that we have a loli on the actual party, but you did plan on shipping Rath (presumably an adult) and Maka (Elizabeth-esque wizard). Wait, would that make Ratherio a lolicon?
All that "I look like I girl but I'm over 50 lolololol." hinders me from being precise in my accusations.

Edit: Nevermind, I just remembered he has a relationship with other person.

I sent you a PM with a question, by the way.))
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 01:17:36 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

((Hmm, so should I be doing more mind messing rather than summoning water? I'm not normally a very magicky person so I'm not very good at keeping track. I wish I was actually a shaman though.))
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 58