Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 58

Author Topic: Roll to Explore the Dungeon: Ch.2 T.38: Do you even praise the King?  (Read 120373 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon! Turn Two: The Wheel of Debt is Turning
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2012, 07:31:32 am »

Transform into a monstrous polar bear and charge the first crossbowman, swiping his guts out with my claws!

Otherwise rush forward into melee with the first crossbowman and stab him in the eyes with my knife.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2012, 10:54:42 am »

Taren Creyn

Charge forth! Shield and Blade ready to strike down the nearest foe!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2012, 12:34:47 pm »

Oh! Here they are guys!

Attempt stance of badassery, shoot the sergeant, but try not to damage any of his gear.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 02:47:43 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2012, 12:53:48 pm »

"Hey y'all, watch this!"

Whip the gunchucks around fancily, try to shoot the ratmen, try even harder not to shoot myself or my allies.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2012, 02:44:53 pm »

This would be a good chance to recharge my energy... And show the others my Versatility!
Charge in and swipe at one of the crossbowmen's guts with my dagger of death!TM

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon! Turn Three: Tactics class: You fail it.
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2012, 03:10:56 am »

Third turn! Roll for initiative!

Hel: 2
Elen: 5
Apollo: 1
Taren: 3
Rath: 6(+1)
Remy: 1(+1)
Ratman 1: 5
Ratman 2: 5
XBowrat 1: 6
XBowrat 2: 4
Sergeant: 4

The higher you roll, the faster you move, obviously.

Ratherio:
Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)

(1) Yearning to prove your usefulness, Ratherio jumps at the crossbowrat 1, aiming to totally eviscerate the thing. (dodge roll: 5)
His swing goes wide. He nearly cuts himself. His guard is now wide open.

Crossbowrat number one (2) attempts to capitalize on this stark mistake. Fortunately, (4-1) he only inflicts superficial scratches, being rather surprised from this tiny human's sudden assault.

Elenor:

(5) Resisting the urge to facepalm at the squishy wizard's decision to go in and play berserker, Elenor methodically assumes a defensive position, aims at the slightly confused sergeant and fires with perfect aim. But (5) the ratman, not out of his wits himself, manages to block the bolt with his shield.

The ratmen (5) (6) see an unarmed little human in their immediate victinity. It is obvious that they charge, one of them even shoving the other out of his way to get a better striking position. (3-1) (6) One of the strikes hits true, cutting through Ratherio's robes and inflicting a deep cut in his left leg. He's not going to be able to walk with this any time soon. The other strike hits the first ratman (1) for massive damage. He is dead before he hits the floor. The second ratmen looks rather queasy.

The sergeant bellows an order to the crossbowrat, (5) (4) which it appears to understand. It aims at the clump of people in the entrance, and shoots. (3) The bolt hits Apollo, but thankfully not with full force as the padding of his lab coat slowed it down. Still, that bruise on his shoulder will hurt a lot. Then, the sergeant himself charges at Ratherio, shoving his somewhat disoriented allies aside. (3-1) With the calm that comes with expertise, he kicks Ratherio, who had been trying to escape the sticky situation, down again, then stabs straight at his heart. Every heartbeat, more and more blood is coming out - two turns, and he's bled out, for sure. It's going to weaken him greatly in the best case.

Taren:

(5) Recovering from the slight daze that overcame the party after the sudden charge, Taren sets forth with great fury. (6) The sergeant, who he had been charging, proves surprisingly nimble, blocking the attack and counterattacking in one swift motion. (3) Taren manages to deflect the counterattack himself barely.

Helskaya:

(6) IT'S BEAR TIME. ROAAAAAAAAARRRGH (2) The crossbowman is evenly spread across the entire room. Not quite satisfied with that rampage, the bear shaman continues to his next target, (5), the currently very terrified remaining ratman soldier. (5-1) (1-1) He receives several heavy gashes at first, but then his defense collapses and he is alchemically transformed into red wand color.

Remy:

(1) Remy... well... autobondage. There's not much more to say about this... by sheer luck he managed to only shoot the wall, though, one point in his favor.

Apollo:

(3) Ready. Aim. Aaargh, stance of badassery hurts too much. Stupid bolts. Ahem... FIRE! (4) Miss. At least the sergeant seems a bit demoralized now.

Ratmen party: Five ratmen: Two warriors armed with axe, buckler and leather armor, two crossbowmen with crossbows and cloth armor, and one sergeant with scimitar, shield and scalemail with helmet.

What remains of them:

Ratman 1: Death by friendly fire.
Ratman 2: Death by evisceration.
Crossbowrat 1: Death by polar bear.
Crossbowrat 2: Alive, but wishes he wasn't.
Sergerat: Still very much alive (and kicking!), but fighting spirit is already crumbling.

--

Character sheets. Please inform me whether I made mistakes... I tend to do that.

Helskaya Arkut (lawastooshort)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Elenor Warsen (Caellath)

Apollo Anderson (Spinal_Taper)

Taren Creyn (Tiruin)

Ratherio Houston (borno)

Remy Maelle (Remaelle)
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2012, 03:17:15 am »

Sweet.

Charge towards Ratherio to clear the enemy away from him, then de-transform, and apply all the healing I have directly to his heart.

Unless anyone else can heal, in which case I will goddamn polar bear that sergeant to death - anyone?

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2012, 03:47:48 am »

I'm not versatile... WHYYYYYYYYYYY

Rest & Recover!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2012, 05:53:28 am »

Taren Creyn

>Attempt to Heal my wounded allies.

>Shout to the ratmen to Surrender and to aid us in exchange for their lives! I shall offer my Healing to them if they do.

>If they cannot understand, use body language.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 09:09:57 am by Tiruin »

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2012, 08:57:19 am »

Rest & Recover!

It's been like the perfect storm in terms of rolls, so you didn't get backup and the ratmen were quite competent themselves. Especially the sergeant. Dat sergeant.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2012, 09:07:38 am »

Elenor:

If they surrender:
Loot bolts from the dead crossbowrat. Also help the berserker wizard if medical attention is still needed.

If they have not surrendered yet:
Keep the shield raised. Rest the tip of the crossbow against the ground, pull the string, lodge the bolt, raise it once more over the shield. Hold my breath, aim at the sergeant's head and shoot.
Bolts: 2-1.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 09:16:09 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2012, 12:44:26 pm »

Toss Borno my healing potion. Then try to shoot the sergeant again, but no stance of baddassery.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2012, 01:41:57 pm »

Try to free myself, say "screw this", and shoot at the sergeant as normally and unfancily as possible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2012, 11:49:39 am »

Rest & Recover!
((If you manage to survive through this, keep your character in the back of the group.))
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 02:56:56 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2012, 09:57:56 pm »

Rest & Recover!
((If you manage to survive through this, keep your character in the back of the group.))
"Do I sense doubt in your mind, Elenor? Is my Providence not enough to convince you?"

((And then I get a one  :P))
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 58