Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 152

Author Topic: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 18 — In trouble D:  (Read 271067 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 17 — Mirrors and Windows
« Reply #2130 on: March 01, 2013, 09:38:21 am »

Azastre looks around and decides the situation looks absolutely terrible. Life was short, it wasn't too nice either, but at least he had some good moments. The worst part is failing the people he considered his companions. Except maybe for the molesting knight, she's evil.

"Sorry."

Azastre tries to make Arianna hang onto him to get his hand free, then uses the polearm and pelt to extend his reach and help both Gretel and lizard before trying to move towards the stairs.
Spoiler:  Azastre Ferrusleo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chibi Ref (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 09:40:08 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: March 01, 2013, 09:47:33 am »

Kahn attempts the stairs again, helping along anyone along the way if he can.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Appearance (click to show/hide)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 16 — The Terracottas
« Reply #2132 on: March 01, 2013, 10:49:41 am »

Something seems slightly off. Shaking his head to clear it, Rod catches a glimpse of his partymates sliding towards the edge of the floor.

Wait. Wasn't it flat a second ago?

Securing the grappling hook to the railing of the stairs, toss the rope to the cluster of people (and one lizard) slipping away. Pull them back up if all of the humans manage to get a grip on the rope.

"I could use a hand here!"

Spoiler: Rod (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: March 01, 2013, 11:39:56 am »

"Oh crap... We didn't all make it. I'm going to go help them."
Go and help, hold one side of the boomerang and hold it down to them.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: March 01, 2013, 03:18:00 pm »

Now with a soul in his grasp Shadow turns his attention from the bracelet to the things moving in the dark, he hadn't been living up to his teachings in life so far and he meant to uphold them now. Drawing his sword he focused and weaved his magic ....

Use the rabbit soul to summon forth a spirit to aid him in the battles to come.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 18 — Empty Nest Syndrome
« Reply #2135 on: March 02, 2013, 01:35:32 am »

Except maybe for the molesting knight, she's evil.
((Whaaaat. She never even molested him. That I remember. Beyond making him some very revealing (but protective!) armor.

Also oh dear in general.))

Grab onto Azastre, hold out legs for Gretel or Lizard to grab if they need it. Use sword to scrape the glass rough so we can get a better grip on it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: March 02, 2013, 07:20:08 am »

((Whaaaat. She never even molested him. That I remember. Beyond making him some very revealing (but protective!) armor.

Also oh dear in general.))
((She did, when she was high on cham. Arianna attacked Gretel, Popo and Azastre, remember?))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: March 02, 2013, 08:55:46 am »

Ire's eyes widened in horror as she perceived what would happen to the sliding allies she had when she entered the tower, including one spiny lizard. She felt fear in their case, but also a slight tinge of confusion.

This room...either moved or...
It was flat! Its now tilted, and by the looks of it, the surface is not adhesive.
But where will they end? The lizard acted with trepidation at the 'end'...
They fall. They die.
Help will arrive...Just think of a way!

"Azastre! Gretel! Ari!"

Rush over to their aid and use my spear to induce leverage! Pray to the Progenitors for aid.
Try to get Popo and the others' attention! Insert a quick "What's happening" addressed to them.

The mirror, the room...Why is this place tilting? This was an enclosed environment, right? We're only...seventeen or so floors up, judging by...
That's quite high.
Something must've happened with the area...

Spoiler: Ire Fidel (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 09:03:48 am by Tiruin »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 18 — The Long Fall
« Reply #2138 on: March 04, 2013, 09:14:28 am »

Azastre 5 Arianna hangs onto Azastre as he wishes. 2 The polearm and the pelt combined aren't enough to extend his reach all the way to the stairs. The pelt, however, increases the friction if only by a little. All that has to happen is that the room doesn't move more. 1 He flails a bit and decides on , staying put for now. Maybe he should kick off his slippery greaves, made of gold and marble for heaven's sake. Of course, it's a loss of value, but the extra traction his bare feet can give him could be the difference between life and death.

Kahn 2,1 lunges towards the stairs and falls just short. He slides back down the inclined floor, slipping against the glassy surface. The pretty, clear surface has an internal white glow, coming from opaque streaks inside it. They were clearly manmade, as each set of luminescent lights is a square. He stops sliding, finally, halfway towards the stairs. He isn't able to help anyone, preoccupied as he is.

2 As long as the floor doesn't incline more.

Rod 2,5 tosses the grappling hook, the other end firmly looped around three separate rails in a bandit's loop. It bonks off the lizard's head and into Gretel's hands. She firmly grips it and 4 catches Azastre's spear's pelt. The uncured leather stretches supple and strong, since it was freshly gained. Azastre isn't in danger of falling off the edge ... yet. The pelt isn't as strong as cured leather, see.

Ace 2 waves his boomerang in the air weakly. It is less than a foot long, and it is of negligible help. o_o

Shadow ignores his endangered partymates and 3 fails in doing anything again. He looks at his palm in disbelieving, but it is true.

Arianna firmly grabs onto Azastre (see above). The lizard bites her armored leg. It 2+2+3 vs 3+3 doesn't hurt at all. Eyup. Thankfully, it doesn't apply full limb-severing pressure. 3 She flails at the floor, but it is a tad too durable for her to scratch it with a sword, of all weapons. Prying her leg armor off might be a better idea. Bare feet are the best grip.

Ire 2 slips on the floor and slides into Azastre, who 6 goes "oof" from suddenly having Ire all in his face but thankfully doesn't let go of the spear. 1 She isn't able to concentrate enough to pray for the Progenitors right now—a bit occupied with all the sliding into Azastre and stuff—but she does shout out for help to Popo. She sees the little witch kick off from the staircase above and float down on her flying broomstick. She looks frowny, then shouts "Heads up sirs, this'll hurt!" and dumps a bag of black powder on the floor. 4 The death powder finely coats the floor and starts melting the glass into a more rough plane.

No-one is hit by it too badly.

(Azastre, Arianna, Gretel, Ire, and Lizard each take 4 damage)

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: March 04, 2013, 11:50:24 am »

Azastre currently has a faceful of Ire and it is difficult to see what feelings he is expressing at the moment.
"Mmmmf."

Azastre kicks off his greaves and starts to climb to the stairs and beyond.
Spoiler:  Azastre Ferrusleo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chibi Ref (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 10:48:55 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: March 04, 2013, 01:13:47 pm »

"Oh damn... Here! I'll try and make a rope."Tie the braids and part braids together, with the boomerang on the end, and let it down for them to pull themselves up on.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: March 04, 2013, 04:45:49 pm »

Kahn attempts the stairs yet again, helping along anyone along the way if he can. (I see no need to change my action just yet, even if this is technically the definition of insanity. :P)

Spoiler: Appearance (click to show/hide)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 16 — The Terracottas
« Reply #2142 on: March 04, 2013, 07:19:38 pm »

"Hang on there, Gretel!"

Carefully pull Gretel in, along with anyone else who manages to get a grip on the rope. Help her onto the stairs. If time remains then carefully send the rope back down towards the others, trying to aim alongside them rather than at them.

Spoiler: Rod (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: March 05, 2013, 08:57:08 pm »

Climb, helping the lizard and anyone else who needs it as I do so.

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: March 07, 2013, 07:31:48 am »

((As I hear someone was confused regarding my colorful chat - italics are thoughts and the colors represent several voices talking with each other.

...Don't tell me dialoguing in your head isn't normal :/))

-gh, sorry Azastre!

Spear > Ground! Begin praying in my mind for aid...also, try to stabilize self and either cast healing if possible!

Spoiler: Ire Fidel (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 152