Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: The History Monks: A Discworld Rtd (6/8 players)  (Read 10004 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The History Monks: A Discworld Rtd (4/8 players)
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2012, 09:31:40 pm »

If I was able to understand your post, I would probably help you, but I truly can not figure it out.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2012, 09:36:01 pm »

Basically I need someone to post the advantages and disadvantages for dwarves since I can't go see them my self while writing and editing a sheet.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2012, 09:38:33 pm »

-Dwarf( 2 flavours: city dwarves and Mountain dwarves. All very stereotypic)
The dwarfs lived traditionally underground, but nowadays the biggest dwarven city outside the Überwald is Ankh morpork. All dwarves wear multiple layers  of clothing , so much in fact that determining their gender becomes quite difficult. This results in a cultural dogma and all dwarves are considered to be he's, even in a married couple. The dwarves are sure that one of both will probably be female, and that they both know who that is. The mountain/überwald dwarves are very against the the rest of the world, and some of them refuse to come outside. Also to note,  famous dwarven foods are rat with ketchup and dwarven bread, which one many occasions can be used as a weapon.(See, dwarven battle bread) The dwarves have had long wars with the Trolls, but that settled down now.( See Battle of Khum Valley). The dwarfs didn't like the fact that Trolls sometimes tried to eat their mineral wealth./i]
Advantage: Law abiding(+1 to be honest/have other think you're honest.), Tradition dwarven skill( Choose one stereotypic dwarven thing)
Disadvantage: Vertical disadvantage

Here.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: The History Monks: A Discworld Rtd (6/8 players)
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2012, 07:18:14 am »

Starting the game soon?
No humans? Wizard counts as a Trade. (Though discworld wizards aren't so usefull)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2012, 07:54:26 am »

Let's start this game, right. People can still join however.

Turn 0: Beginning the game

A monk is seen riding through the forest, on a cart pulled by a rather old and rather scruffy donkey. The monk looks old but lively, and is wearing a cheap brown monk robe. He's currently on his way back toward Oi Dong, an ancient monastry, situated in the most airiest of valleys in the Ramptops, in what is often called the enlightement valley because of the numerous orders and monastries around. Beside the History monks, there are also the Listening Monks1,  the Brothers of Cool2, The balancing Monks3, and the Yen Budhists4.

This Story however isn't about this Monk nor is it about History Monks, though interisting stories can be, and have been told about them. It is about the people, if this term is accurate, who sit in the back of the cart. There's a zombie, a dwarf, a troll, a Gargoyle, a golem( who is walking behind the cart) and even a Nac Mac Feegle, though the Monk hasn't noticed him yet. The cart trundles along through the forest, untill it eventually reaches a small village. The Monk turns around to the people in the cart: We'll stay here for some time, one of the other brothers will arrive soon with another cart of recruits, and he will take you to Oi Dong. Try not to cause any problems.

1: Monks that have trained their hearing to the extreme, in order to attempt to hear the words the Creator used to create the universe
2:"(...) a reserved and secretive sect which believes that only through ultimate coolness can the universe be comprehended, and that black works with everything, and that chrome will never truly go out of style."
3Monks of this order can be often seen traversing incredible cliffs and going to the most desolate areas in order to balance the world with lead weights no heavier then a pound. So far the world hasn't tipped over yet.
4One of the richest sects. They believe that large amounts of money are evil so they collect as much money as possible to protect inocents from it's horrible corrupting power

Current Location:
Everyone: Small town
Spoiler: Greg Sock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Glodr Hammerson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Abakh (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Bob (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Forgotten One (click to show/hide)

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2012, 09:03:03 am »

"Ach, 'tis 'xactly what ah need. a bucnh o' bloody idoits geting mah wey." Glodr grmbles before getting off the cart and looking around.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2012, 10:05:45 am »

"I...will...be...back...when...cart...ar..ri...ves" stated bob as he flew off the cart
Bob looks around the village for a strong sturdy building to sit on top of and wait for the other cart to arrive and maybe catch a few birds in the traditional gargoyle way aka sitting still for ages and waiting for birds to do something stupid like hop into his open mouth or jump into his open hand.

(gargoyles do speak slowly right its been so long since i read a book where they spoke)
(luckily i specified in the description that the dwarven mason who made the gargoyle made a realistic mouth else speach would be pretty hard to write)
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2012, 10:14:39 am »

The Forgotten One glares at the Dwarf as he gets out of the cart, the short stocky arses tried to use him to do menial labor many a time, and the also had a tendency to try, and steal the massive ruby that formed his eye. Turning away from him Th Forgotten One stomps away into town in search of ...

Search for a weapons shop, or armor shop

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2012, 10:23:53 am »

"This... is not good, where my club? ah there it is" crack an small tree, fashion crude club
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2012, 11:58:05 am »

Miniturn

"Ach, 'tis 'xactly what ah need. a bucnh o' bloody idoits geting mah wey." Glodr grmbles before getting off the cart and looking around.
[4] The town isn't very large, and there are only a few noteworthy buildings. There's a small inn, a general goods store that sells various kind of stuff, and a smithy.

"I...will...be...back...when...cart...ar..ri...ves" stated bob as he flew off the cart
Bob looks around the village for a strong sturdy building to sit on top of and wait for the other cart to arrive and maybe catch a few birds in the traditional gargoyle way aka sitting still for ages and waiting for birds to do something stupid like hop into his open mouth or jump into his open hand.

(gargoyles do speak slowly right its been so long since i read a book where they spoke)
(luckily i specified in the description that the dwarven mason who made the gargoyle made a realistic mouth else speach would be pretty hard to write)
[1] There are only a few buildings in the town, and none of them are made from stone, nor look very strong. You settle down on one of the stronger looking buildings [4], the overhang creaks but doesn't collapse. Sadly it seems there are not much birds around.

The Forgotten One glares at the Dwarf as he gets out of the cart, the short stocky arses tried to use him to do menial labor many a time, and the also had a tendency to try, and steal the massive ruby that formed his eye. Turning away from him The Forgotten One stomps away into town in search of ...

Search for a weapons shop, or armor shop
[5] While you can't find an armor or weapon shop, as this little town doesn't have these, you do find the smithy with ease. It's an old building, having been used for such a long time that the walls almost crumbled away and have gradually been replaced with slag and various layers of useless tools. The Smith is hamering at this anvil at the moment.He's a rather eldery man, but he's still striking the anvil with force. He looks up from his forge and stares at you, before speaking with a voice almost crackling as much as his forge fire.What can I do for you, lad? Apparently he's shortsighted too.

"This... is not good, where my club? ah there it is" crack an small tree, fashion crude club
[4] You tear a tree out of the ground, and quickly undo it from most of it's branches.

Current Location:
Everyone: Small town
Spoiler: Greg Sock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Glodr Hammerson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Abakh (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Bob (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Forgotten One (click to show/hide)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2012, 12:24:46 pm »

The Forgotten One hastily scrawled a note on a small board it read, "Do you mind if I help with your work?". With that done he walked forward, and showed the board to the man.

See if I can help the man with his work.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2012, 01:10:07 pm »

"Crivens, whut a bunchae typical bigjobs," Jock muttered to himself as he got out of the cart. There were only two things he wanted: a fight and a drink. Both of these could probably be found at the inn, so there he went to steal a few bottles of liquor, down them, and beat the tar out of everyone there.

Jock goes to the inn to drink and fight.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2012, 01:35:05 pm »

"Town, village must be nice there... i go visit them."
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2012, 02:18:43 pm »

Reserve me a place please on kindle
also those death count as a diety.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2012, 02:22:02 pm »

Reserve me a place please on kindle
also those death count as a diety.
Death doesn't count as diety. He's one of the Four horsemen of the Apocalypse, and not a god. (Discworld universe rules)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5