Yes, same as this.
- 1 (20%)
Yes, 8 player free-for-all.
- 0 (0%)
Yes, 8 players, 2vs2vs2vs2
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18

Author Topic: The Ritual : FINISHED! End turn + epilogue.  (Read 28667 times)

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
Re: Experimental play-by-PM PvP RTD (5/6)
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2012, 02:08:33 pm »

oh- this is gonna be... FUN!!!
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2012, 02:20:40 pm »

Good luck, fellow mage.  Blinking and magical shielding won't be as fun as crushing the opposition with arcane bolts of power and summoning eldritch abominations!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2012, 02:48:19 pm »

No, but pure dickery unbound will be  :P
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2012, 03:45:13 pm »

Alright, Offensive Fighter! Let's get this started!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: The Ritual (NOT ACCEPTING): Sign-ups finished.
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2012, 02:40:18 am »

Oh yes.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
Re: The Ritual (NOT ACCEPTING): Turn 0.
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2012, 03:54:05 am »

Turn 1 Starts!

I have all your turns in txt. files and I will PM them right now.

How is the writing style? Should I keep trying to make it interesting (even though I fail at creative writing and this takes time) or just get straight to the point? I got a bit lazy on Simple's and Toaster's turns so I apologize for that, but whatever.

Edit: PMs sent. If you haven't received it, tell me in this thread and I'll re-send it.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 04:03:25 am by tomas1297 »
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Ritual (NOT ACCEPTING): Turn 0
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2012, 05:34:29 am »

I think it was nice. It adds a little more depth to the experience, and people like to bond with their character.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2012, 05:40:23 am »

That's good to know, since it took some time and I actually don't like writing.

Anyway, I'll keep waiting for your turns. I'm still quite eager, even though that feeling tends to disappear after the first few turns.

Edit:

"Good question" post time~

Hm...How does the travel system works? If someone picks attacking me as their action, will they attack me in the next turn? Or do they need to discover where I am first?

They need to discover your position. You should try fighting far from your summoning circle, since if your base is discovered, your enemies will know that there's a large chance of you being there. And they can't attack you unless they know where you are or find you by accident. In fact you know nothing about your enemies, not even their class. That's why it's important to hide your identity. The enemy doesn't know what to expect from you until you show your powers.

Edit: Actually, if this is a question about game mechanics and not your powers, you should probably ask in the thread.

Edit: Another good question~

Can i train both technique and skill/statistic per turn or just one of them ?

Either:
A) Two stats, or one stat twice. Low chance of success.
B) One skill. Medium success rate.
C) Learn two techniques. High chance of success, but somewhat random. Replaces other techniques if you can't memorize enough spells/techniques.

As a rule, the less of a stat or skill you have, the easier it is to raise it. It is recommended to have all stats at least level 2, because with the system I use to decide starting stats, it's possible to have a very large difference in power from the very start.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 06:14:29 am by tomas1297 »
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2012, 06:20:30 am »

Have you already planned on how we may obtain new artifacts?
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2012, 06:28:56 am »

Have you already planned on how we may obtain new artifacts?
Artifacts are pretty much like a part of your character. In a way similar to traits. It is possible to create artifacts with magic or special traits or other artifacts. Creating artifacts with magic will require a lot of practice and will most of the time not pay off, since you could spend the time mastering skills or raising stats/killing your enemies.
 And there may or may not be someone capable of creating artifacts as a trait/artifact power

Generally, you don't really need an additional artifact.

Edit: Another good question~

Does fighting in your summoning circle give you any advantage ?
No. It's just the place you rest and train in. Demigods can heal pretty much anything with just a short rest in their summoning circle, since it effectively "re-summons" lost bits. Also resting restores all your spells and techniques without even requiring a roll.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 06:39:09 am by tomas1297 »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2012, 09:13:10 am »

Is good, the PM.

How do we actually defend against attacks or find someone or something. Do we just state :Search surroundings or so as an example?

Also, what are our actions limited to (as in how many actions can we state per turn?)
Either:
A) Two stats, or one stat twice. Low chance of success.
B) One skill. Medium success rate.
C) Learn two techniques. High chance of success, but somewhat random. Replaces other techniques if you can't memorize enough spells/techniques.
only this much? How does travel and information finding work?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 09:16:09 am by Tiruin »

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2012, 09:55:23 am »

How do we actually defend against attacks
Automatic. When one player attacks, the other one rolls to defend and possibly counter-attack (if the defense was good enough).
 By the way, a turn of combat represents not just a single attack as in most RTDs, but rather all combat that happens in a certain amount of time. It's hard to explain, but basically in addition to the the techniques and spells, you also constantly move around the battlefield and keep exchanging blows. It will make more sense when you see it in action.

Do we just state :Search surroundings or so as an example?
Pretty much, though you can also go to specific spots once you find them, or just state "search the forest", "search the town", "retreat to base" and so on.

only this much?
Yeah. It's partially a counter-turtling balance thing, but it seems everyone just wants to train, even the powerful ones. Killing someone is a much faster way to become strong.

How does travel and information finding work?
Travel is pretty much all about searching and randomly finding an opponent, unless you find someones base as well. Of course, there are also things like following your opponent or using magic to find out their position, in which case you will travel to where your opponent is.
 Information finding is pretty much just observation. Once you actually meet someone, I will add the information you have on them in a spoiler. As in, if you see someone use attack X, you will know that he is able to use that attack and so on. After that, you may practice to counter those specific attacks, which is why, as I've said, you shouldn't reveal all your attacks as soon as you can. In addition to regular observation, there are skills and traits that help you find out about your opponent in different ways.

Sadly, the character creation rolls were bad in general, so I couldn't give anyone some horribly OP powers that I really wanted people to have. :<

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
Re: The Ritual (NOT ACCEPTING): Turn 1 for great justice
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2012, 07:17:49 am »

First of all, I wasn't able to post earlier because I'm still a little schoolgirlman and thus I am only completely free on weekends. This is about the time I will usually post at, sometimes ~2 hours later or even ~6 hours later.

Secondly, a good question:

On spells, say I want a better <removed to hide identity>- do I improve the spell or learn a new one?
You don't -improve- spells, since each spell is level locked, but there can be versions like "lesser whatever" or "greater whatever". You can have both, but learning to counter one will make you learn to counter the other one as well. In fact, you can just have copies of the same spell to cast it more often, but it is not recommended due to the counter mechanic.

And most importantly...

Turn 1 starts!

You know the drill. Send a PM if you don't receive mine. But don't be too impatient. I haven't sent them yet~

Edit: Sent!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 07:26:43 am by tomas1297 »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2012, 08:42:33 am »

Question: When you are wounded and go back to your circle, do you need to pick "rest" to cure the wounds or can you try to train something and then just by standing on the circle damage will be healed?
>Yes?

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2012, 08:43:21 am »

Question: When you are wounded and go back to your circle, do you need to pick "rest" to cure the wounds or can you try to train something and then just by standing on the circle damage will be healed?
You need to rest. So don't get into fights you can't win.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18