Yes, same as this.
- 1 (20%)
Yes, 8 player free-for-all.
- 0 (0%)
Yes, 8 players, 2vs2vs2vs2
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18

Author Topic: The Ritual : FINISHED! End turn + epilogue.  (Read 28711 times)

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
The Ritual : FINISHED! End turn + epilogue.
« on: March 24, 2012, 04:34:27 am »

...I promised I wouldn't start another RTD, but yay, inspiration... >_>
 The reason this is play-by-PM? This will be a free-for-all fight where information is important, so you can't reveal your actions. The reason why it's experimental? Because this has rules to make information important, because this will be a fight to the death without NPCs, because dead characters can't be replaced, because there WILL be a winner,because there will be dice-determined character generation, because this will inevitably be horribly unbalanced (in an amusing way), because this has many rules that will make GMing this a bitch... Actually, play-by-PM means GMing this will be a bitch by default. But I want to. : I

Anyway:
Spoiler: Story. (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Classes. (click to show/hide)

This thread will be used for discussing rules and for announcement. Gameplay will be in PMs. Of course you can tell others about what happened in gameplay here, if it's awesome enough to brag about. : P

Form:

On the thread just state your class, nothing more. There will be 6 players and each will have a different class, so this will be a "dibs on class X" post.
 In the PM use the following form, since it's important to not reveal your identity in the game itself.

Name:
Class:
Bio:(Appearance, character and story. Skills will be determined by dice rolls, but they will match your character, so don't dismiss this)

Anyway, I have mentioned characters will be determined by dice. If you remember my Psychic RTD, you will know what I mean. The dice I roll will be:
1)Preparation: This determines your starting stats and skills. Probably the least important since you can get stronger anyway and this just determines how strong you are from the start.
2)Traits: Determines your traits. Important since they are very meaningful and (usually) won't change for the entire game.
3)Artifact: Since artifacts are hard to obtain, rolling 5 or especially 6 here is a very good boost. Basically the difference between having a regular sword or a sword that messes with the rules of physics.

Owait-
If you remember my Psychic RTD, you will know what I mean
Yup. It will once again use the logic of "if everyone is overpowered, everything is fair".

Something I haven't mentioned: You CAN team up, but get ready to be stabbed in the back. It's probably only recommended if you need to bring down someone who is too lucky with the superpower roulette.
_____
Players:

Offensive Fighter - Simple
Defensive Fighter - Caellath
Offensive Mage - Toaster
Defensive Mage - Ahra (dead)
Offensive Scout - Tiruin
Defensive Scout - Agentorangesoda (dead)

Also, goddamnit I'm nervous. This is quite ambitious so I will get mad if you don't support me. >_>
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 11:09:52 am by tomas1297 »
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Experimental play-by-PM PvP RTD (0/6)
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 04:41:56 am »

Offensive Scout!

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
Re: Experimental play-by-PM PvP RTD (0/6)
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 04:43:28 am »

Offensive Scout!
Huh, strange I thought the scouts will be the last ones to get pic- Anyway, I'll roll the dice when I get your PM, accepted~
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Experimental play-by-PM PvP RTD (1/6)
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 05:51:47 am »

Defensive fighter.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
Re: Experimental play-by-PM PvP RTD (2/6)
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 08:33:33 am »

Accepted, rolled, PM'ed~
 Yay, typical pre-start GM nervousness and hurrying~

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 08:37:37 am »

DEFENSIVE SCOUT!

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 08:46:56 am »

DEFENSIVE SCOUT!
0_o I thought this was going to be the last class to be chosen. Whatever. In, send a PM.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
Re: Experimental play-by-PM PvP RTD (3/6)
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 09:31:20 am »

Defensive mage (cant PM from this computer it seems, library)
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2012, 09:36:50 am »

I just hope the scouts are properly squishy or we may have quite the chance to die by Tiruin's (and maybe agentorangesoda's) sneaky hands .
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2012, 09:41:25 am »

:-\

???

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2012, 09:51:34 am »

I just hope the scouts are properly squishy or we may have quite the chance to die by Tiruin's (and maybe agentorangesoda's) sneaky hands .
I'm a huge fan of "everything is overpowered" balance.
 So no, offense scout can ambush you and instantly deal lots of damage without being squishy and can still dodge many of your attacks, yet there will be even scarier things to take care off.
 And defensive scout is more of a chessmaster archetype. The defensive scout knows all your tricks and is prepared to counter all your attacks and use any opening. In fact fights with them take time. They don't deal or take a lot of damage, their strength is that they don't make mistakes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Experimental play-by-PM PvP RTD (4/6)
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2012, 12:42:53 pm »

Offensive Mage!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
Re: Experimental play-by-PM PvP RTD (5/6)
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2012, 12:43:56 pm »

Good, we only need one more now. Waiting for your PM~

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2012, 12:55:54 pm »

It's in.

Hopefully I get power rolls like I did in your psycho psychic one.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2012, 01:29:05 pm »

Now we need one more player and a PM from sodaorangewhat'shisname~
 So yay~

Edit: Going to sleep~
Good night~

Edit: Oh, and also PM me as soon as you post in this thread. It will be annoying if you're asleep when I wake up and I have to wait for you until next evening~
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 01:31:29 pm by tomas1297 »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18