Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177588 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (We're back!)
« Reply #735 on: June 14, 2012, 01:15:43 am »

Bumping this...
Soon, soon!  I promise!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (We're back!)
« Reply #736 on: June 14, 2012, 05:26:16 am »

He want's to see if he's gonna make it out alive from the lab in the other RTD he's in before it's blown to bits. A lot is depending on me...

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn Seventy-Five! In which we're back in business.
« Reply #737 on: June 15, 2012, 06:22:19 pm »

Turn seventy-five!  Sorry for the delay.  I also switched to imgur for my image hosting, that might help prevent future delays (it won't).

Spoiler: Maps (click to show/hide)

Agent Fortmüller looks up as some fuzz dances across his monitors.
"Well, it seems my team is having some problems.  I'll talk to you later, call for me to fix the car when I get back to the base."
The last report he'd heard from the team was Lisa saying she'd caught her runner, but he hadn't heard anything about the other guy, so Nicholas heads back to the Benedict building, pushing his way through the crowds and spotting Ires.  He goes over to the elevator, presses the up button, and waits around with a pretty woman for the next car to arrive.  He waits for a while.  The floor indicator doesn't seem to be moving, actually.
Agent Green frowns at the violation of building code.  Cheap elevator with no escape hatch, probably missing half of the usual safeties, maybe not even rated for the jostling he's about to do... [5] He jams his fingers into a crack, expands it with a burst of kinetic energy, and pulls the cheap, thin metal aside, dropping down into the car.  The man inside drops his suitcase and cowers in a corner as the car rocks slightly, looking terrified.  [1] He unstrapped his shield from his back and took a swing at the man, but overextended in the tight quarters and hit the wall.  His arm rebounded, and before he could concentrate to absorb the energy, he hit himself in the mouth with the edge of his shield, causing the taste of blood to well up.  The man took advantage of Desmond's mistake to spring up and (2+1) hit him in the stomach, but the cramped car and his own terror prevented him from putting any momentum behind the blow.
Agent Maxwell, impressed with her own power, heads down to the basement to look for a backup generator once she hears several thumps behind the lift door.  [hidden search check] In one of the storage rooms she finds it already hooked up and ready to go, so she pulls the cord and gets the building's emergency power going again.
Agent Conners looks for a place to clear an area around, [5] eventually settling on a mostly-empty parking lot.  She puts the briefcase down in the middle of the area she got the guards following her to clear, and sends one back to the building to fetch a teammate to help out.
Agent Reon keeps pressing the guard.  "How many people in spy suits and how many in masks?"
[2+1] "It's tough to say how many people, what with the masks and all.  If I had to guess I'd say I've seen three different people, one in purple, a couple in black, maybe including you?  Really tough to say."
"And... did any of those masked spies follow any of those that went the other way of the crowd?"
"Yeah, I saw one of the black-suited ones chasing a guy in a suit up the stairs just a few minutes ago.  Dunno where they got off to."
Another guard enters the building, spots Ires, and heads over to her.
"Excuse me, Life Force sent me to find one of her teammates to help with a bomb?"

« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 12:40:23 pm by Remalle »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (We're back! Again!)
« Reply #738 on: June 15, 2012, 07:13:25 pm »

((Nicholas suit was made EMP-proof for the record. It was mentioned while it still was in the earlier stage.))

Nicholas looked around. Well, if it came to that, at least he had a very big chunk of metal to absorb the explosion. And his body inside said chunk; both would probably suffice.

"I'm taking care of that, since this cramped space is not good for me anyway."

Help Conners by using the suit to scan the briefcase's contents.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: June 16, 2012, 12:16:55 am »

"B-bomb? They f-..." Ires stopped before saying it out loud, to the people nearby. "...found a good man to tell me so?

Perfect! Lead the way good sir, may the drill continue in earnest!"

Help Lisa!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 12:37:15 am by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: June 16, 2012, 12:20:24 am »

Nicholas turned to "Straight Arrow":

"I'll help her, you should stay and help them with the problems inside the building. Your talents won't be very well-employed in the case of a bomb, but I think that they may still be useful against any enemies there."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: June 16, 2012, 12:36:48 am »

Ires casually moved a hand to her transceiver.
"Right then, Nick."

She looked at the guard as they moved up the stairs. "I feel Life Force already has help coming her way, do you know any place where I could observe any exits and entrances to the building? If so, could you lead me there, officer?"

Do the above.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: June 16, 2012, 01:28:55 am »

(No idea what I should do with this turn. >.>)

Jenny patrolled, looking for more terrorists?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: June 16, 2012, 02:01:23 am »

(No idea what I should do with this turn. >.>)
Sorry, I kind of did leave you with nothing to do...

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: June 16, 2012, 02:51:05 am »

Keep everyone back away from the bomb until help arrives! Stay on guard for more attacks.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: June 16, 2012, 04:00:14 am »

Desmond needed to put this guy down quick...he had a moment of dark humor, as he realized one of his only weaknesses was-ha ha-himself.

Action: Go for a chokehold!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: June 17, 2012, 01:06:12 pm »

Caellath: yeah, it's EMP-proof, and also out of range of the EMP blast.  The fuzzy screen was for dramatic effect.  And what do you know, an update!  Turn seventy-six.

Spoiler: Maps (click to show/hide)

Agent Fortmüller overheard the new arrival speaking to Ires and headed over.
"B-bomb? They f-found a good man to tell me so?  Perfect! Lead the way good sir, may the drill continue in earnest!"
"I'm taking care of that, since this cramped space is not good for me anyway.  I'll help her, you should stay and help them with the problems inside the building.  Your talents won't be very well-employed in the case of a bomb, but I think that they may still be useful against any enemies there."
"Right then, Nick."
Nicholas follows the guard to the parking lot Lisa had cleared, pushes his way past the line, and walks up to the suitcase, scanning it without a word.
[6] SCAN COMPLETE.  CONTENTS: NITROGEN, CARBON DIOXIDE, OXYGEN, TRACE OTHER ELEMENTS.  VELVET LINING.  ONE KILOGRAM OF UNKNOWN MATERIAL.
Agent Reon moves to help Lisa but relents when Nicholas points out he'd be better at that job.  She looks over at the security guard she's been talking to and asks "I feel Life Force already has help coming her way, do you know any place where I could observe any exits and entrances to the building?  If so, could you lead me there, officer?"
[2+1] "Sure, each floor has windows that you could probably use to look straight down at the doors."
He leads her up to the second floor and shows her a window, and how to angle herself to look straight down at the building entrance.
Agent Maxwell heads back up to the ground floor and towards the dwindling crowd of exiting people. [hidden spot check] She sees a man sitting on a bench by the door stand up and head towards the exit, leaving his suitcase behind, and heads over to him.
Agent Conners makes sure her line of guards is holding, and keeps her guard up for any attacks as Nicholas does his thing.  A small crowd had begun forming around the area, perfect for somebody to spring out of ambush... [hidden spot check] but she's sure as she looks over the crowd that she's safe, nobody's going to attack her.
Agent Green shakes off his dazedness, allows himself a moment of dark amusement at the fact that one of his weaknesses is himself, and puts his hand-to-hand training to good use, [2+2] getting behind the guy and putting him in a chokehold.  The guy flails, (1-1) but isn't able to so much as touch Desmond, just wasting his own air and knocking him out that much faster.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 02:17:54 pm by Remalle »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: June 17, 2012, 01:16:26 pm »

Jenny sent a message to Nicholas over communications. "I have a suspicious briefcase here at the entrance on a bench; can you come check it out? I'm going to tail the man who left it." With that, she cloaked and moved through the crowd to give chase.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: June 17, 2012, 01:20:25 pm »

Nicholas shrugs.

"This may as well be a bomb. Wait a moment."

Dig a good hole.

Just help Lisa with the bomb.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 10:17:50 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: June 17, 2012, 01:26:18 pm »

"Just relax-go to sleep. You're only going to hurt yourself if you fight it." Desmond said calmly to the struggling man in his chokehold, whose struggles were already weakening...

Action: KO the dude!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 86