Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177592 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (The password isn't swordfish)
« Reply #540 on: May 11, 2012, 08:05:00 pm »

Nicholas' eyes almost glinted as he spotted the man with the rifle.
"I think I have...had visual on the hostile. 'Steel Wall', could you get me some impulsion? My suit is still not working properly. If you go with it, wait until I have jumped to calculate how much energy you'll use to propel me, though. I don't want to fly without any wings. If you see I am able to do it myself, don't even bother. Also, does anyone want to come with me? I don't promise any safety."
((@Dwarmin: That means Desmond could blast me with energy, but if you accept it, make it so that he'll modulate his output so that he gives me +0 (and just do your stuff), +1, +2 of impulsion towards the roof, or just uses his entire roll to send me up, depending on the case. I can also grab someone to take with me, by the way, and it could be Desmond himself.))

Nicholas prepared to make a huge leap, or a quick series of leaps, towards the roof. At least the suit's movement systems were ok.
Nicholas quickly tenses and starts a quick series of jumps towards the roof, shooting a dart at the enemy and hitting him with the handle of his axe almost simultaneously as soon as, and if, he reaches the roof.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 07:12:47 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic
« Reply #541 on: May 11, 2012, 08:22:05 pm »

"I'll go with you. I think I can disarm him." Jenny stepped up to Nicholas with a nod.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: May 11, 2012, 09:15:05 pm »

"The roof does seem the best place for him. I'll stay behind to check for other threats."

Check under the stage for people and possible explosive devices. Call it in if I find any.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: May 11, 2012, 10:51:36 pm »

Ires saw Desmond still with her, along with the others backstage. She shrugged off the idea of everyone else being hostiles to the target, not everyone was inherently plotting evil, right?

She turned to Desmond, her conscience still in disarray. "I'll stay back here, checking for anyone else trying to get a shot at the Mayor. Though if you would go along with them, I'll keep watch from here."

She then tries to analyze any incoming trajectory projectiles from where the mayor would be standing. Putting away the crowd and focusing on the surrounding areas - buildings mostly.

She wanted to say something to the rest, something that wished them well or such...What was stopping her?

"G-good luck all of you."

Her arm stung whenever she tried moving it, but she doubted it would hamper her archery. Why did she shift thoughts this fast?

Before examining her current vicinity. And the crowd for any suspicious looking men.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 10:57:06 pm by Tiruin »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: May 12, 2012, 04:22:05 am »

Desmond didn't exactly trust Nichloas...

~"That's a negative, Fire Fighter. It's too risky. I'll make my way up the stairs, block off his retreat."~

Action: Enter the building where the shooter was spotted from the ground, and make sure any lifts are disabled as I go up the stairs. Box him in with Nicholas.

He was about to dash off...Looking back at Iraes, though, she seemed almost hurt. He couldn't stand to see that.

Cold decisions be damned. He deftly and gently took her hand in his own. He could feel Iraes heartbeat, pulsing in tune with his own-controlled, yet with an undercurrent of tension.

He looked into her eyes. Well, she was wearing a mask, so Desmond brought up his memory. Iraes had the sort of eyes that shifted endearingly all in the light, so it was hard to say what shade they were exactly, but they were bright and warm with life.

"It's going to be all right, Huntress. Trust me." Desmond said, with an easy smile.

He couldn't wait for a response-he didn't know how he would have responded. Desmond had to go-or be proven a liar. He slowly disengaged, touch lingering for an endless moment, and jogged off.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: May 12, 2012, 06:58:55 am »

PTW!
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn Fifty-Five! In which it's boss fight time.
« Reply #546 on: May 12, 2012, 01:56:54 pm »

Turn fifty-five.  ansontan: Thank you, I'll try not to disappoint  ;)

Agent Fortmüller quickly came up with a plan to catch the assassin, grabbing Agent Maxwell and leaping after him, trusting Desmond to provide a boost.  [2] The boost didn't come and Nicholas fell back to the ground, narrowly avoiding slamming into the wall again.  Looking up he caught another glimpse of the sniper disappearing over the edge of the roof.
Agent Conners decided to check the rest of the area for any nasty surprises.  [hidden search check] She didn't find anything, but not for lack of trying.
Agent Reon continued searching as she had before, looking for any other threats.  [5] Concentrating, she narrowed down the potential sniper vantage points to the surrounding buildings, and applying her own tactical sense narrowed it down even further.  The most likely points an assassin would shoot from would be... the roof of the arena and the building directly across from the stage, behind the crowd.  She looked around at the people, but most of the people backstage looked more "busy" than "suspicious".
Agent Green paused for a moment, to hold Ires' hand, to calm her down.  "It's going to be all right, Huntress. Trust me."
Without waiting for a response he ran inside the arena and found the nearest stairwell, running up the stairs, up and up, finding himself on the roof a few minutes later.  He looked around but saw neither the assassin or his teammates.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: May 12, 2012, 02:23:11 pm »

"No bombs under the stage! Go after him! Don't let him get away!"

Lisa quickly made her way up from under the stage, emerging backstage and running into Ires on the way. Seeing the cut on her arm, Lisa promptly clapped her hand over it and concentrated, sending energy coursing into her body.

"I heard from downstairs. Don't worry, in my opinion, you're doing great. I've just given you some help which should help with the arm. If you need to shoot, we can't afford you missing. Everyone, I'm heading onto the roof. Watch out if he has friends."

Give Ires energy that I've still got left over from my sprint and then head through the crowd, draining as I go, and head to the roof as fast as possible through a different route than Desmond. Chase that assassin!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: May 12, 2012, 03:04:47 pm »

Action: Use my vantage point to look for the assassin. Report to my team if I see him, then pursue-I can probably kinetically absorb a fall if I have to.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: May 12, 2012, 03:40:22 pm »

"I saw him once more...over the edge of the roof."

Nicholas tinkers with his suit to check if he can power up the next suits' actions with some extra power from the battery and tries once again to move to where he saw the man the last time. In case the man is found, refer to last action.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: May 12, 2012, 03:59:31 pm »

Jenny cloaked and headed for the building across from the arena on the basis at least one person should check there.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: May 13, 2012, 05:34:06 am »

((Eep, long time since my post! Sorry once more!))

Radio in suspected points of attack.

Ires felt a surge of uplifting from the words of her teammates. She looked at the hand that Desmond held before he ran off, and clenched it into a fist, she wasn't the Ires of before, but a new person of now. She had to remind herself that once more. "I'm not giving up."

She inconspicuously pressed the radio closer to her mouth. "Possible points of attack I could pinpoint: The roof of the arena and the building directly across from the stage, behind the crowd. Backstage is safe."

Stay inconspicuously near the Mayor to defend him if anything goes wrong.

Inspect his bodyguards.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

Turn fifty-six.  Tiruin: I don't mind, it gives me more time off between writing turns  :P

The team radio channel buzzed with tactical information.
"No bombs under the stage! Go after him! Don't let him get away!"
"I saw him once more...over the edge of the roof."
"Possible points of attack I could pinpoint: The roof of the arena and the building directly across from the stage, behind the crowd.  Backstage is safe."
Agent Conners stopped to give Ires an energy boost as she ran towards the roof, tracing a different path than Desmond had and absorbing energy from the people she bumped into on the way.  She got out onto the roof and looked around, seeing only Desmond heading towards the edge of the roof.
Agent Green looked around from his position on the roof, [hidden spot check] and on a whim decided to head to the edge and look down.  The assassin looked up at him, clinging to a small ledge on the wall.
"Crap!"
Before Desmond could react he dropped and caught a different ledge, before swinging out of sight.
"I see the sniper, he's headed back inside the arena.  I'm in pursuit."
Desmond dropped down, trying to catch the same ledge as the killer, [1] but missed and fell, tumbling all the way to the ground and landing on his back.  Though he absorbed the shock of the impact, he lay stunned on ground, and a small crowd of people gathered around him.
Agent Fortmüller tinkered a bit with the energy module of his suit [1+2] and with a sputter the slightly damaged component gave a slight boost.  Nicholas tried jumping up to the roof again, [6+1] overshot, and landed heavily, damaging the  frame even more.
Agent Maxwell went invisible and checked the building across from the stage, hoping to catch a second killer.  [hidden search check] After a few minutes of searching randomly, she didn't find anybody at all.
Agent Reon spotted the mayor and moved closer to him, hoping she could defend him if need be.  As he prepared to go up on stage the bodyguards and Ires sized each other up.  The bodyguards seemed dedicated, at least.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: May 13, 2012, 01:47:33 pm »

"Great."
The suit creaked audibly as Nicholas noisily landed on the roof. To make things better, the assassin was escaping. Maybe if he stopped to think for a while...

Nicholas uses Desmond's informations to plan ahead and discover where the sniper is heading. Either he has an idea or not, he gives chase anyway.
>Yes?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: May 13, 2012, 01:59:19 pm »

Lisa thought fast as soon as she saw Desmond go over the edge. She reached for her radio as she turned and ran back the way she came.

"This is Agent Conners, we have spotted the sniper and are in pursuit! All police outside the arena are to block off all exits, both above ground and under ground ASAP to prevent his escape. Be aware, he is armed and dangerous, over."

As she ran, she switched channel to her teammates.

" Steel Wall, are you ok down there? I hope you guys have a plan, cause we need to catch this guy soon before he tries something. I'm heading down to intercept."

Head downstairs and chase after him, using my superior speed to close the gap.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 86