Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXXII - E3 - Game Over - Scum Victory  (Read 81808 times)

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile

Dr.Phibes

• Bay Watcher
  • More than meets the eye
    • View Profile

{About flavor: That was a true story? Wow.} Requesting player list.

Ahh, I love my mornings. Waking up to every BM like so. (PPE Dariush)

MagmaMcFry: (Can we use a shortened name?) Favorite scumtells? Hmm, theres the OMGUS, but the effect and scumminess of such is determined by the timing and content of the post. There's also lurking, but honestly, part of meta comes here and RL checking. Lying seems right, gives people time to actually focus in game on who is telling what, especially in games where flavor has an effect.

Truly, all of them in the [Scumhunting Bible]. A scumtell is a scumtell.

Dr.Phibes: Let's say you are the doctor, day 1 has gone and went with a dead townie. Another has requested a replacement which would be filled the coming morn, while everyone else seems vague in the current time. Who would you protect? The replacement, or the random person and why?

Is this some kind of test? Well the replacement is kinda a random guy too. He left beacuse he got a boring roll or beacuse he havent got the time to play. Its impossible for me to know which one is right. I would prolly look around a bit more on the day, then decied who i want to help. I think i would take a "random" person instead beacuse if it is an important town roll, then he cant do a night action and i think no one would do that. I think the scums would actully benefit if a new guy enters the game. So they have no intentions of killing him. Or maybe its a tactic fo the scums, so you think its just a townie. But i dont know :/
If one person has an imaginary friend, they're crazy, if many people have the same imaginary friend it's religion?

Dr.Phibes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sry messed up the quote :(
If one person has an imaginary friend, they're crazy, if many people have the same imaginary friend it's religion?

Painiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow, seriously some douche was deleting treads? People can be so immature on Internet sometimes.

Dariush, why are you SCUMMMMMM?
Congratulations, your very first post in the game and there are already two things wrong with it! First, roleplay is heavily discouraged around here. It shows that the roleplayer is far too relaxed, which probably means he's scum.
Honestly, how you had seen in my post roleplaying? Think had wrote:
*This game is based on a true story.
and heavily suggested in flavortext that some sort of vandalism happened here on Bay12Forums, and I just commented on this thing out of curiosity. There wasn't any roleplay, and you should know that better.
Second, useless questions like that are EXTREMELY heavily discouraged around here. When asking any question, think: How does it help you find scum? What are you going to do depending on the answer?
You are already twisting my post into roleplaying, and dismissing my question as useless. Something like very passive OMGUS... OH WAIT, I GOT REACTION HERE! Therefore, not useless.

I admit it's weak question, weak prod. But, if I would find it not useful, I can always ask second question.

So, Dariush. What you have to say about your weak OMGUS? Why you hadn't vote anybody yet (me, for example)?

Painiac: Judging by your posts, pre-game and in-game, I see you have some knowledge of Mafia set down. Who, among all us players do you fear most as scum? Also, why the pointed question at Dariush?

I fear basically everybody. I don't know your playstyle, your scumtells can and probably will be heavily mixed with noobtells, and that's just WIFOM on the rabies. I do not want to jump into that shit willingly. I am gonna watch for a while, while going for much more reliable to read IC's. IC, if he is scum, will be pretty dangerous to town with his experience. If he's looking town, I will be more calm about approaching other players, because I have backup in town IC.

I had pointed my question at Dariush precisely because he's Dariush - he can be flippy-flappy about questions like that when he's scum.

Painiac, you have several votes on you. Do you defend yourself or point out someone else for them to vote?
Is that meta question, or game related? In game, I have just one vote, because that scum Dariush didn't bothered to vote me. He didn't voted anybody, to be explicit.

Well if that's meta question: you should do BOTH things. Pointing out at someone else is some sort of defence, after all, and brings more info for town to digest. Defending yourself is also important to some degree (too much defending and doing nothing means you are a scum), you have to respect attempts of other townies in scumhunting, and explain they are going for wrong targets.
Bah, it's not useless. I can check reaction with this question, so it's not useless.
Technically I could "check reaction" with the question: "Do you like dinosaurs?" But it would still be useless.
So, Painiac, what did you get from his reply?
You are already twisting my post into roleplaying, and dismissing my question as useless. Something like very passive OMGUS... OH WAIT, I GOT REACTION HERE! Therefore, not useless.
This. And, I have to disagree, dinosaurs are not scummy. Direct question to scum ,,Why are you scum?" can yield interesting reactions.

Dariush and IronyOwl, which of this game's players have you played with/against before this game, and how do they play as town and scum? How do you play?
I played with everyone except Painiac and Dr.Phibes. Everyone is a decent player. Except you. You are a self-obsessed moron. Now, what was the purpose of your questions?
blah blah I am lazy give me info about others so I can hunt

NO, MAN, you should do your homework yourself. That's the mafia we are talking about, you should have your own hunches, and eventually confirm these with others. Don't be lazy passive dick, that's very anti-town. Also, FoS MagmaMcFry. Show me real scumhunting instead nagging Dariush like beggar for info. That's not purpose of IC's.

IronyOwl: Would you want vanilla role, or something more important in such light setting?

Dr.Phibes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Since this is a BM, I'll answer: I'm not scum. But in any other game you'll be quickly given shit to eat for such a question (like is being done by Scelly, but on a higher scale).

How can we know your not a mafia? Just beacuse its a BM doesent mean you cant lie. I am watching you Dariush.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 02:34:24 pm by Dr.Phibes »

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

Bah, it's not useless. I can check reaction with this question, so it's not useless.
Technically I could "check reaction" with the question: "Do you like dinosaurs?" But it would still be useless.
So, Painiac, what did you get from his reply?
This. And, I have to disagree, dinosaurs are not scummy. Direct question to scum ,,Why are you scum?" can yield interesting reactions.
I was not asking about dinosaurs. What did you get from your question?
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Painiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Since this is a BM, I'll answer: I'm not scum. But in any other game you'll be quickly given shit to eat for such a question (like is being done by Scelly, but on a higher scale).

How can we know your not a mafia? Just beacuse its a BM doesent mean you cant lie. I am watching you Dariush.

Is that really your reason for suspecting Dariush? It's WIFOM, null tell, no info there.

Gosh, watch what are you copying. Or you are too lazy to even bother?

Painiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And, Dr.Phibes, editing your posts is prohibited, you can get your ass served by mod for doing that. I can understand you was only editing quote tag, but use Preview before posting.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Painiac is correct. Editing your posts is strictly verboten, even if it's badly formatted to the point of unreadability. Just post it again, no one will mind.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

Gosh, watch what are you copying. Or you are too lazy to even bother?
My bad. I wrote that wrong. I meant to ask what you THOUGHT you where going to get from that question. I find its better to put random pressure on with a useful question. Rather than one that has no use other than pressure.

Painiac, if you where scum, who of the current players (IC's not included) would you like as scumbuddy?
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Painiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You should watch some wuba games, he prods his target with such questions to the point target is irritiated, then hands out bricks of logic like there's no tommorow. Basically, I like clean pressure questions more. Scum can easily weasel out from question, if it's based on game know/how knowledge. No pressure, no gain.

Painiac, if you where scum, who of the current players (IC's not included) would you like as scumbuddy?

Guh, I dunno. I don't have any knowledge about other players. Tiruin acts properly, you are acting properly, so maybe you two. I wouldn't want for sure MagmaMcFry, his attitude get's on my nerves. Strategia asks red or blue question three times, so she doesn't care about questions at all - good scumtell. But, probably newbietell. So, she can be attacked for that.

It's hard to tell just by this one game, and to be frank, I don't have time for reading BM's. If someone is townie, he may be acting naturally and easily, but will drop scumtells left and right when being scum. That's why one game isn't enough.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile

Dariush and IronyOwl, which of this game's players have you played with/against before this game, and how do they play as town and scum? How do you play?
I played with everyone except Painiac and Dr.Phibes. Everyone is a decent player. Except you. You are a self-obsessed moron. Now, what was the purpose of your questions?
blah blah I am lazy give me info about others so I can hunt
NO, MAN, you should do your homework yourself. That's the mafia we are talking about, you should have your own hunches, and eventually confirm these with others. Don't be lazy passive dick, that's very anti-town.

That's a very biased interpretation of my actions. Let's compare what you say I said with what I actually said.

The purpose of my questions was to have the ICs spit out some detailed information on people's known individual playstyles, so everyone has some kind of idea about how others behave and can direct their scumhunting based on who is behaving differently than they are described. Naturally, the "not behaving as they are described" can't be used as a scumtell, because for all we know you could just be lying about the playstyles, but if A notices an inconsistency between B's described and exhibited behavior, he can just start focusing his scumhunt on B. So essentially, the information you and IronyOwl give acts as a minor hunting aid for everyone.

While I've looked at a few previous games myself, there are lots of reasons why I chose to ask the ICs to reiterate their knowledge about the players.
First, the ICs have played more games with this round's players, and should therefore have an accurate idea of most people's gameplay, more than I and others have read out of the previous games.
Second, there are two of them, and if one should decide to give biased information, then information between the two IC posts will differ and we will know that one of the ICs cannot be trusted.
Third, everybody can use the information given by the ICs. I suspect that not everybody will go through all of this group's previous games, so the information will help the players to form their own opinion. As I said before, the information given by the ICs can't be used for scumtells, so everybody will still have to scumhunt on their own, but with a little more guidance.
Fourth, it is not required to believe or even regard the given information. You are still free to suspect whomever you want.
Fifth, this is a test to see if the ICs are willing to cooperate with the town. Dariush has already failed this test big time, therefore my main suspicion rests on him.

Dariush, you have been constantly active on the forums for almost eight hours after I repeated my question, but you haven't answered it yet, which makes me even more suspicious. Now that I have given my reasons for asking this question, I will ask you one last time, and I expect you to swallow your pride (it doesn't belong in a Mafia game) and answer this question to everyone's fullest satisfaction. Which of this game's players have you played with/against before this game, and how do they play as town and scum?

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile

Strategia asks red or blue question three times, so she doesn't care about questions at all - good scumtell. But, probably newbietell. So, she can be attacked for that.

I'm not a she. And the "red or blue" questions do have a purpose, if only for me. In fact, Painiac: red or blue?

Fifth, this is a test to see if the ICs are willing to cooperate with the town. Dariush has already failed this test big time, therefore my main suspicion rests on him.

It isn't Dariush' job to point out targets for town. Also, on a meta level, ICs in general and Dariush in particular are less active in BMs than they are in other games, presumably to avoid what you're trying to do, newb town going after whoever the ICs suspect.

Dariush, [...] and I expect you to swallow your pride (it doesn't belong in a Mafia game)

Okay, this honestly made me laugh. a.) You're wrong and b.) You're one to talk, Emperor McFry. (And yes I know that really has no bearing on this game.)

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile

It isn't Dariush' job to point out targets for town.
It isn't my intention to have Dariush point out targets for town.

Dariush, [...] and I expect you to swallow your pride (it doesn't belong in a Mafia game)
Okay, this honestly made me laugh. a.) You're wrong and b.) You're one to talk, Emperor McFry. (And yes I know that really has no bearing on this game.)
a) Tell me why I'm wrong. Give me any situation where it would be considered acceptable to deny an answer to a good question.
b) Hm, looks like I thought the same thing earlier already.

Dr.Phibes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dariush, if we say you were a scum, who would be your first target and why?

MagmaMcFry, Its seems to me your just trying to find something that makes Dariush a bit suspicious so no one will suspect that you are a scum when you vote on him. You dont care who you votes on, but you want some solid info beacuse if you just said Dariush is fishy you would have been suspescted or maybe lynched by now. Or am i wrong?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26