Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 213

Author Topic: When Kickstarter goes wrong?  (Read 672734 times)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: When Kickstarter goes wrong?
« Reply #2220 on: April 26, 2013, 08:54:09 pm »

I don't mean specifically in this forum, but from a lot of detractors and critics of this crowdfunding thing.

I think it's more of a "personal wealth" thing.

Then you quoted the wrong paragraph in my post.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: April 26, 2013, 10:19:45 pm »

I don't mean specifically in this forum, but from a lot of detractors and critics of this crowdfunding thing.

Maybe.
Deal with it.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: April 27, 2013, 05:05:55 am »

Remember Lore?

Well, the guy that made that has started on a new project, as I have said. For some reason he replied to my 5-month-old comment on one of his videos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4taJ_61wv0c&lch=email_reply&lc=DjBWOJwtcOkTw3j2smMdCQkpWY6hchJegKAVDeYwDQE&lcor=1&feature=em-comment_reply_received < Linky.

Update on that i have been putting multiplayer in the game it is coming along great. I will be live streaming and letting people join the server on my live stream to text it out for them self's. Once i get a good base and enough made i'll kickstart this project . My plan is to have people happy with the starting project then build on it with the kickstarter . It may have a iso view but its still as complex as lore would have been . Also i learn and put in peep to peep servers and a master server
lol ran out of space also im working on a way for people to make there on servers to play with there friends if thats what they won't . Also this want be an easy game you can't choose hard are easy mode . This is for the hardcore people who like to get a challenge zero easy fight's this game will be a fight for your life. A game of skill and on the fly thinking when it comes to a new encounter's

Yes, he's going to kickstart it again.

You can tell that it's going to be terrible if he's rambling about real pro hardcoar gamurz no babes allowed.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sigulbard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: April 27, 2013, 06:31:29 am »

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: April 27, 2013, 09:10:02 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0BW_ac7xkQ

Ow my brain.
Wait, no, the pain was over here:

Update on that i have been putting multiplayer in the game it is coming along great. I will be live streaming and letting people join the server on my live stream to text it out for them self's. Once i get a good base and enough made i'll kickstart this project . My plan is to have people happy with the starting project then build on it with the kickstarter . It may have a iso view but its still as complex as lore would have been . Also i learn and put in peep to peep servers and a master server
lol ran out of space also im working on a way for people to make there on servers to play with there friends if thats what they won't . Also this want be an easy game you can't choose hard are easy mode . This is for the hardcore people who like to get a challenge zero easy fight's this game will be a fight for your life. A game of skill and on the fly thinking when it comes to a new encounter's

x..x

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: April 27, 2013, 09:35:40 am »

Huh, I actually DON'T remember lore, can someone post a link so I don't have to search this thread?
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: April 27, 2013, 09:46:46 am »

Wasn't that the game that actually started this thread? Or maybe I'm confusing that game with some other ridiculously overambitious game project.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: April 27, 2013, 09:49:37 am »

It was this.

THE MANDATAUR

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2228 on: April 27, 2013, 10:16:01 am »

Wasn't that the game that actually started this thread? Or maybe I'm confusing that game with some other ridiculously overambitious game project.
Nah, I think that was Bunky Bartlett, his robot hookers, and GUILD BANKS
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: April 28, 2013, 12:34:52 pm »

Maybe.
Deal with it.

I don't even understand what that means, so I'm just going to drop it.
(You'll still be wrong tho 8))

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: April 28, 2013, 03:44:29 pm »

I don't even understand what that means, so I'm just going to drop it.
(You'll still be wrong tho 8))

Means that it's kind of too late to fix it, now that it's contained in like five quote pyramids.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: May 04, 2013, 12:53:01 pm »

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/safesleeve-the-all-in-one-radiation-blocking-laptop-case?c=home
I found this surfing around indiegogo, the case looks amazing but their man selling point is EMF protection. Seriously?  First off EM emissions from a laptop are not even near powerful as a cell phone (the item that i might add usually sits next to your junk most of the day), wifi radios are located on the lid and most LCD screens today now use LED instead of a CCFL backscreen. Even if said electronics are remotely causing damage to you, there are worse things that can kill you faster like for example air pollution. Their second argument is it protects you from heat but hell your laptop is getting that hot you might want to put it down genius. Another scheme cashing in on the oblivious and the hypochondriac.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: May 04, 2013, 01:39:06 pm »

Actually, any amount of heat on your lap is bad for your descendants.

So it may have a purpose if you like lying down and playing with your laptop in bed.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: May 04, 2013, 02:24:43 pm »

Even then, it's not as hot as say hot tub. They are going at this as "OMG, your laptop is radioactive!" its running on inconclusive evidence.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: May 04, 2013, 06:27:00 pm »

The laptops need EM shielding more than our laps, really.
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 213