Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 213

Author Topic: When Kickstarter goes wrong?  (Read 673414 times)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Re: When Kickstarter goes wrong?
« Reply #960 on: May 14, 2012, 02:22:26 pm »

how do I click on the link?

He sure has some intelligent supporters.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: May 14, 2012, 02:32:33 pm »

Our cat has discovered that the most efficient way to get fed in the morning is to bite my fiancee until she makes me do it.  Biting me doesn't work, I just push and/or throw the cat in response.

/derail
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #962 on: May 14, 2012, 02:34:00 pm »

Our cat has discovered that the most efficient way to get fed in the morning is to bite my fiancee until she makes me do it.  Biting me doesn't work, I just push and/or throw the cat in response.

/derail
Mine tried this once and ended up on the floor across the room.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: May 14, 2012, 02:45:38 pm »

You guys stop this cat-related derail, right meow!

(Meow)
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: May 14, 2012, 02:47:27 pm »

my cat never saw the end of the bowl.  she usually only makes a scene when i feed her wet food as a treat, she goes completelly crazy to the point of climbing up my legs while meowing desperately, while i'm still opening the food packet

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: May 14, 2012, 02:49:46 pm »

Seriously though. At more than a page of cats, maybe it's time for a cat thread.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: May 14, 2012, 04:12:48 pm »

So he's replaced the "I ♥ Hookerbots" T-shirts with "I ♥ Telgara: Suns of Karta" followed by an odd design.  How exactly a succubus or frogthing represents the super open ended gameplay and GUILD BANKS he hopes to achieve isn't clear.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #967 on: May 14, 2012, 04:14:35 pm »

No, thats the Hookerbots which have clearly eclipsed all other features.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #968 on: May 14, 2012, 06:46:02 pm »

Tineye didn't find any results for the pictures, so I guess he actually is getting someone to draw this stuff for him.

The 'dragongirl' has goats legs, something commonly associated with satan and daemons, not dragons. If you hadn't already checked if they original pictures I'd say the obvious reason would be stealing art and not being smart enough to realise what they are stealing, but if it isn't stolen I wonder how you would make that mistake.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #969 on: May 14, 2012, 06:49:25 pm »

Tineye didn't find any results for the pictures, so I guess he actually is getting someone to draw this stuff for him.

The 'dragongirl' has goats legs, something commonly associated with satan and daemons, not dragons. If you hadn't already checked if they original pictures I'd say the obvious reason would be stealing art and not being smart enough to realise what they are stealing, but if it isn't stolen I wonder how you would make that mistake.

I thought it was actually just a succubus...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #970 on: May 14, 2012, 06:59:30 pm »

I thought it was actually just a succubus...

The name of the picture is 'dragongirl_concept_3', but yeah it's pretty obviously some type of daemons with a succubus being a likely candidate.

Also in the forum thread linked apparently he held hope the kickstarter could succeed (though at least he said he doubted it- but still should have lost hope a long time ago), and believes he can make it in 3 months using the $25K he's apparently raised (mostly his own money I guess).

Also I know this has already been mentioned, but here's a funny quote.
"It could have been at the bequest of a larger game company. I won't name it, but it sure can make you feel like you are left out in a blizzard."
Master of subtlety (and self delusion) at work here.

In fact just go and read that entire linked thread now. It's a goldmine, it really is.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: May 14, 2012, 07:03:07 pm »

How the hell do you convince yourself a project that is insulted almost universally by the internet worries a giant like Blizzard?
Hello Hunam

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: May 14, 2012, 07:08:13 pm »

Copious amounts of pizza, until you start hallucinating? Maybe then you roll around nekkid in your Scrooge McDuck vault full of money and when you emerge you're like "Yeah, they're all out to get me. From gamers to megacorps, it's a conspiracy!"

At least he's still delivering on the entertainment, well after his Kickstarter ended.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 07:10:31 pm by nenjin »

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #973 on: May 14, 2012, 07:14:58 pm »

Its like a train wreck where they keep sending more trains down the same line. So horribly horribly wrong yet so amazing to watch.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #974 on: May 14, 2012, 07:16:24 pm »

@nenjin: Come on, man, be reasonable. He is way too uncool to use all that money for a Scrooge McDuck vault.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 213