Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 213

Author Topic: When Kickstarter goes wrong?  (Read 673450 times)

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: When Kickstarter goes wrong?
« Reply #1035 on: May 16, 2012, 11:03:28 am »

yes, because inflation isn't driven by increased prices, it's caused by people willing to pay said prices.

He also plans to cap the price that a player can list a given item for in the auction house.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: May 16, 2012, 11:08:20 am »

In academic circles, I believe it's called talking out of one's ass.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: May 16, 2012, 11:38:30 am »

Have you atleast suggested the idea of money sinks?

I'm just giving him the benefit of the doubt here.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: May 16, 2012, 11:49:12 am »

Things for players to pour in-game cash into, to remove it from the in-game economy and prevent inflation.

Player housing, cosmetic upgrades, paying for skills with in-game cash, death penalties applied to your cash....all of these are effectively money sinks to remove currency from the economy on a constant basis.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: May 16, 2012, 12:15:30 pm »

So, I guess there's some truth to Bartlett's claim that Kickstarter removed Your World from their search index. I at least, can't find his project using the search.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: May 16, 2012, 12:21:23 pm »

Money dissapears into nowhere.
You know fallout 3? At some towns there is a beggar that asks you for water, if you give it to him, it just dissapears, so it could be called a money sink, but with water.

In wurm, for example, holding a deed is a money sink.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1041 on: May 16, 2012, 12:30:54 pm »

So yeah, Lin Adtro was actually approved. Now I just have to figure out how I want to be trolin.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: May 16, 2012, 12:38:14 pm »

So, I guess there's some truth to Bartlett's claim that Kickstarter removed Your World from their search index. I at least, can't find his project using the search.
maybe finished projects that didn't reach funding are removed?
No, I went back in the thread, found some failed projects, and was able to successfully search for their pages.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: May 16, 2012, 12:42:23 pm »

Given BB's demonstrable people skills....I'm guessing he told Kickstarter to go fuck themselves and they responded in kind.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1044 on: May 16, 2012, 12:51:10 pm »

Huh, the actual forum seems to be allergic to web proxies. I don't particularly want this manchild anywhere near my IP and I was able to proxy the setup a new account page. Anyone got a web proxy that works or any suggestions on a non-web based one that is easy to setup and get rid of that works on that forum?
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: May 16, 2012, 12:55:21 pm »

The problem with money sinks is that you have to balance them with your money sources.

Second Life had a huge inflation issue and added some minor sinks (we're talking 1-2%) and cut out a small segment of source (again like 5%, tops).

Huh, the actual forum seems to be allergic to web proxies. I don't particularly want this manchild anywhere near my IP and I was able to proxy the setup a new account page. Anyone got a web proxy that works or any suggestions on a non-web based one that is easy to setup and get rid of that works on that forum?

Nope :\

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: May 16, 2012, 01:06:38 pm »

Draco, how did you find 'Your World' on the search thingy? I actually cannot find it anywhere.

Huh, it's not showing up now.

CURIOUS.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: May 16, 2012, 01:24:06 pm »

CONSPTHIRACY!

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: May 16, 2012, 04:22:29 pm »

Quote from: 'Bartlett'
Your World one-on-one PVP fights are going to be a 2d fight game. Think of Street Fighter style game. Once the players have selected to fight they will be place in a 2d platform to battle it out.

What.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: May 16, 2012, 04:24:18 pm »

Quote from: 'Bartlett'
Your World one-on-one PVP fights are going to be a 2d fight game. Think of Street Fighter style game. Once the players have selected to fight they will be place in a 2d platform to battle it out.

What.

Still waiting for the part where he tells us the core gameplay will be a full VR sim and the equipment will ship free with your purchase.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 213