Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 213

Author Topic: When Kickstarter goes wrong?  (Read 673471 times)

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: When Kickstarter goes wrong?
« Reply #1050 on: May 16, 2012, 04:30:28 pm »

Quote from: 'Bartlett'
Your World one-on-one PVP fights are going to be a 2d fight game. Think of Street Fighter style game. Once the players have selected to fight they will be place in a 2d platform to battle it out.

What.

Still waiting for the part where he tells us the core gameplay will be a full VR sim and the equipment will ship free with your purchase.

Haha, that'd be awesome.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: May 16, 2012, 04:36:21 pm »

That does sound a lot more reasonable than... whatever the heck he was planning to do.  You could probably use one of the fighting game engines that are around to create moves and stuff (leaving aside the question of how the heck moves and the like would work with all the custom races). Although does that mean PVP will be completely different to PvE, or has this turned into a weird MMO version of Spore mixed with Streetfighter?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: May 16, 2012, 04:37:35 pm »

I think it has just turned weird, and that's the only firm statement you can make on vaporware.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: May 17, 2012, 08:31:12 am »

"Yeah, so I just need $50 to finish this computer game."
Beer Guzzler

Code: [Select]
BACKERS
$63.00
PLEDGED OF $50 GOAL
SECONDS TO GO
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: May 17, 2012, 03:41:34 pm »

"Yeah, so I just need $50 to finish this computer game."
Beer Guzzler

Code: [Select]
BACKERS
$63.00
PLEDGED OF $50 GOAL
SECONDS TO GO
I lol'd. ^_^

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: May 17, 2012, 05:55:49 pm »

I will act in the interest of making sure as much of the internet can witness his genius as possible. The Blizzard/Kickstarter Konspiracy can't keep him down!
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: May 17, 2012, 06:23:33 pm »

I swear every single post he makes raises so many questions.
Quote from: Your World/My Forum
Most companies hire gamers at about $30K a year to do the alpha testing stage. Something I actually didn't know until now. We are still talking about it. We are a long way off from alpha. Still trying to raise the funds we need.
Really??  I mean... I thought even professional games testers didn't earn that much.  In any case he could surely use his huge fanbase to test the game for free.

Incidentally, have you guys checked out the class list yet?  The main thing to note is they sound catastrophically boring.  Basically:
- There are 5 classes.
- Each of those 5 classes have 3 "subclasses" which are described as "DPS", "Tank" or "Healer" or some combination of two of those pretty much randomly.
- After you master (it's not clear how you master something in a game with no levelcap) the three subclasses of a class you unlock the fourth subclass.  Which seems to just be better at everything than the previous 3 subclasses making it a no-brainer.
- After you master all 5 classes you unlock the "Ascended Master" class.  You can do everything.  Yay.
- But wait, there's more!  Which I don't get at all.  In any case you end up with "Superior" which again lets you do everything.

And... so on.  Little differentiation in the first place beyond "DPS/Tank/Healer" and every high level character would end up exactly the same at the end anyway.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #1057 on: May 17, 2012, 06:26:05 pm »

I wouldn't even consider a games testing job for less than $35/hour.

Testing is not Playing.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: May 17, 2012, 06:31:46 pm »

Testing is not Playing.
I don't have much experience testing games, but I know this is certainly true.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: May 17, 2012, 06:32:49 pm »

Testing is not Playing.
I don't have much experience testing games, but I know this is certainly true.
Especially for the bigger games. Where you start the game 83 times to see if it crashes.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: May 17, 2012, 06:34:16 pm »

Sometimes I wish some of these brutally mocked projects would succeed. Not only would some of the wackier ideas out there be interesting, but it's always awesomely vindicating to prove a bunch of laughing onlookers wrong.

Only problem is these projects tend to be mocked for a reason.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: May 17, 2012, 06:35:18 pm »

I wouldn't even consider a games testing job for less than $35/hour.

Testing is not Playing.
Sure.  But it's not a very well paid job.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1062 on: May 17, 2012, 07:38:38 pm »

As someone with software QA experience, can tell you that you don't want to test computer games. You really, really, don't.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: May 17, 2012, 08:21:03 pm »

As someone with software QA experience, can tell you that you don't want to test computer games. You really, really, don't.

"Walk into every wall, see if you can press through any small gaps we can't see.  Now walk the other way.  While jumping.  Crouching.  Crouch jumping.  Now do it while drunk."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: May 18, 2012, 12:07:49 am »

I hate to say it, but this guy reminds me of Sonichu and the creator behind it, minus the whole "broken shell of a man who's under indictment for hit-and-run" thing >_>
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 213