Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: i had so much fun this morning...  (Read 2539 times)

dragginmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
i had so much fun this morning...
« on: March 16, 2012, 09:14:21 am »

... I save scummed to see if I can do it again tonight.

I had just finished a dwarfy 5 bridge entryway over a depression and my outpost liason arrived, just in time as my weaponsmith fell into a mood and needed cloth / thread, which i had no means to provide yet.

A goblin ambush took out the liason and the caravan.

My military jumped into action with what few skills, and pieces of equipment they had, in the meantime we raised the bridges.

4 dwarves lost their lives in the initial onslaught, and the fort grew silent, waiting.

A goblin thief got in some how and half my remaining militia and all the dogs chase the goblin up down back and forth all thru the current 3 levels dug out, dog teeth get ripped out of the poor dogs mouths, arteries are ripped open by being violently shaken about, dogs die, dwarfs are injured, goblin unscathed.

The other half of the militia chill at the trade depot, trying to convince me that their target is unreachable. Cowards. As i send them to station at the end of the hallway the goblin is using to catch its breath, our poor, neglected weaponsmith snaps, kills the goblin and two dwarves in a berserk rage before being torn to shreds by the remaining dogs with teeth.

14 dwarves dead, one was a legendary miner who happened to be in the wrong place at the right time.

I love this game!

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
Re: i had so much fun this morning...
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 09:23:35 am »

Soldiers: "Sorry, bossman. I'm blocked by a pile a wall of nothing. I'm sure we could kill him if we could, though."
Urist McMetalcrafter: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH! *THONK, GOBLIN DEAD* RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH"

The imagine in my mind is very vivid. Squad of soldiers not wanting to fight, but a lowly production dwarf kills him.
Mind if I ask HOW he was killed so the image in my mind can be even more vivid?

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 09:28:46 am »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 09:38:36 am »

lowly production dwarf

mooded weaponsmith

I sense a disconnect here.
The wording was for mere imagery. Production dwarves are the heart of a society. Military the skin/armor/blunt object used to bash enemies in the head.

But my production dwarves are typically weak and can't do crap, even in berserk/tantrum. I'm guessing the world I made was so peaceful, I got nothing but soft dwarves.

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 09:56:40 am »

But my production dwarves are typically weak and can't do crap, even in berserk/tantrum. I'm guessing the world I made was so peaceful, I got nothing but soft dwarves.

WEAPONSMITH!
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 10:08:45 am »

WEAPONSMITH!
I may be semi-newb, but I'm not sure if weaponsmiths actually carry weapons, maybe haul them, but not as a weapon.
:S I see the point you're making though.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 10:12:47 am »

Hey, if I'd known that a single goblin thief just took down half the fort, I'd be lying to your face and sitting my ass on the depot as well!

What material dagger was the thief using?

Stefrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 11:00:26 am »

Maybe they were simply holding a union strike at the Trade Depot.. (where else to strike?)
The weaponsmith got upset, because he's working nonstop and those lazy dwarves want even more money for less work.
Only logical he snapped and broke the picketline :p

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 11:05:29 am »

Curiously, there is no dwarven economy, so labor strikes for wage make even less sense are very dwarfy.

dragginmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 07:13:42 pm »

I regret to report that i failed to check n see how the weaponsmith killed the thief, who had an iron dagger. My militia had no armor to speak of...

Time to resume.