Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: You Are Adventurer v2 - Turn 2 - Where is the welcome party?  (Read 4713 times)

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
You Are Adventurer v2 - Turn 2 - Where is the welcome party?
« on: March 14, 2012, 01:36:38 pm »

Welcome to You Are Adventurer v2, a pixel art suggestion game. The first version was rife with many bugs, such as save corruption, flickering and lack of tutorial/character creation/stats/map and many other things. I am confident that a lot of these bugs have been fixed.

Let us begin character creation then.

1) What is your name?
2) What is your physical appearance? (the more the better, but dont go overboard)
3) Anything additional?

And finally, your class.

These are the classes.
The first column are mages, the second are warriors and the third are rogues.
The rows are a bit more abstract. The red row is raw power. The blue row is more defensive and magical and the green row is more stealthy and utilitarian.(shut up, dual wielding is totally utilitarian)

Each class has 4 secondary classes, these being the classes that share a column or a row with the class in question. The rest are blocked off. For example a blue warrior would also have access to the other warrior classes and the blue mage and blue rogue classes, but be unable to gain any red and green rogue or mage abilities. Secondary classes are naturally far weaker than a primary class.

Mage classes:
Warlock: Explosives in human form. Not known for extreme mastery in the magical arts, but make up for it in sheer power, which often comes at the cost of their own vitality. The preferred action of a warlock is not to cast a fireball, but to unleash untamed magical energies until the opposition drops dead. While they cannot create rain or heal the sick as well as others do, their services are considered indispensable in a war.
Pros: Unmatched ability to shoot lightning from hands.
Cons: Unmatchd ability to cause friendly fire.
Wizard: A torch in the darkness of the general state of the world, but not a particularly bright one. Wizards are generally highly educated. While responsible for keeping angry gods at bay and such, they are exceedingly snooty and elitist. They prefer a more delicate use of magic, but have no qualms with blowing up a couple of building if the need arises.
Pros: Balanced choice between damage and utility.
Cons: All of them are assholes.
Elementalist: Hippies who can make you go insane. Elementalists have given up the use of staffs, as their primary purpose is to provide more power, while they actually want more precision. Elementalists prefer to use illusions and persuasion to get past obstacles, rather than brute force. However they are not a force to be trifled with, as their illusions are powerful enough to break a persons mind.
Pros: Can magic out of almost any situation.
Cons: Can be in big trouble when offensive actions are necessary.

Warrior classes:
Bloodletter: Berserkers who can steal your soul. Bloodletters are mostly known for their verocity. If another would retreat, bloodletters will keep fighting. If others would be overrun, bloodletters wont be. And if death would come to claim a bloodletters life, he would simply grab one of his enemies and pass it off as himself.
Pros: Can heal while dealing damage.
Cons: Not the best at talking, persuading, dodging, mercy and many other things that might come in handy.
Spellblade: Knights with fire swords. Spellblades are mages who decided it might not be the best idea to only have a staff for defense. Spellblades are commonly knights under the employ of kings and nobles, but they are also known for being rulers themselves. Spellblades have a good balance of stabbing and freezing opponents to death, but generally respect rules of honourable combat.
Pros: Powerful in both ranged and melee combat. Know what a shield is.
Cons: People keep calling you "Lord" sarcastically.
Twinblade: Monks who can hit you with two swords at the same time. While one might expect a person wielding two swords to be extremely violent, twinblades are actually some of the most peaceful people you can find. They mostly favour parries and counterattacks, mostly only attacking when the enemy does. Twinblades get a lot of respect from everyone, but are highly traditional and consider breaking their "code" a serious offense.
Pros: Cant get hit without hitting back.
Cons: Vulnerable when unable to dodge and parry. Dont wear heavy armour.

Rogue classes:
Avalanche: Living artillery platforms. The best way to identify an archer to be an avalanche is to see if his arrows are blocking out the sun. Avalanches have been known to fire entire forests worth of wood at enemies in the span of seconds. They however lack accuracy and subtlety, but the sheer amount of firepower they can launch generally makes up for it. If an avalanche is holding a bow, duck, but you might not reach cover before he has already fired.
Pros: Dakka.
Cons: Trees grow too slowly to be replenished.
Warpreader: Fortune tellers with bows. Warpreaders are seers who use their powers to predict the movement of their enemies, and the launch an arrow between their eyes. Warpreaders do not carry around ammo, but create their own with magic. Skilled warpreaders can fire through brick walls, and even carve paths through space big enough to walk through.
Pros: Accurate to 1 cm at a range of 100 meters and 5 seconds into the future.
Cons: Cant predict future market trends.
Alchemist: Assassins with a penchant for cooking. Alchemists are an infamous lot. After discovering that gold is really(really) damn hard to alchemize, they took up the business of poisoning people for it instead. Alchemists can create a wide variety of potions and poisons. Alchemists have gained a bad reputation in recent times and are affiliated with the criminal underworld.
Pros: Can kill people with "natural causes".
Cons: Cant do much without ingredients.

Choose what you like most and state your votes.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 02:39:23 pm by cerapa »

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are Adventurer v2 - Character Creation
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 01:39:19 pm »

Name: Alheim Bedrock
Appearance: Blonde hair, tall build, tough demeanor.
Additional: Was once a ruler, but now is in exile from the kingdom he lorded over.
Class: Twinblade
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 02:10:49 pm by freeformschooler »

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 04:19:49 pm »

At this pace I will have an army of goblins before we get to turn 1.

Are you gonna let goblins conquer the world?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 04:39:29 pm »

NO. ALHEIM MUST SLAY THE GOBLINS.

terkiey

• Bay Watcher
  • chicken what i need
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 04:42:28 pm »

Name = Alhiem Bedrock
Appearance = Whatever
Additional = Meh
Class = Red Warrior/Bloodletter
Quote from: Meistermoxx
Quote from: Knigel
Does anything bad happen if you accuse someone of being a night creature and they aren't?
Yes, they call you a rasict, and then they shot you and take your cocaine.
[(√[1]/∞)+3!+|Chicken|] / [100^(1/2)]

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 04:51:11 pm »

Name: Stren Strirismig
Apperance: Kobold in wizard robes, with a staff larger than he is.
Additional: He originally grew up as a wizard's servant, later to become an apprentice due to innate magical talent. He quickly realized he was better than the servants, and his long-term elitism didn't suffer from his unfortunate childhood. He is now leaving to find his own way in the world, as his ex-master wants absolutely nothing to do with any would-be adventurers.
Class: Wizard.

Elitist kobold mage. We can multiclass to Warpreader, and use seer powers to become even more elitist.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 04:56:22 pm »

Name:
Mor Dak'kah
Appearance:
A grey-bearded bearded kobold who wear padded clothes and a pair of goggles.
Additional:
A "slightly" crazed inventor who took up adventuring.
He have a fascination with strange and/or ancient artifacts.
Class:
Avalanche

(So what races/species can we be? I will change mine as soon as I know more.)

edit: changed race into Kobold.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 09:16:44 am by Ultimuh »

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 06:28:18 am »

(So what races/species can we be? I will change mine as soon as I know more.)
Anything that I can draw really.

And 0 repeat class choices so far. Picking a class might be harder than I thought. I hope no-one minds if the suggestions that are not voted for are made into NPCs.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 08:32:08 am »

Name: Noriah Talderin

Appearance
: A woman in her youth, with dark brown hair falling to elbow-length and a light complexion to match. Her eyes are amber in tone and her body is lithe and made for feats of strength and flexibility.

Additional: She is allergic to softwood. This includes Oak, Pine and Yew. She absolutely adores wolves.

Class: Warpreader
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 08:34:23 am by Tiruin »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2012, 09:47:43 am »

Name:
Mor Dak'kah
Appearance:
Additional:
Class:
Avalanche
I'll change my vote to this.

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2012, 10:00:33 am »

Name:
Mor Dak'kah
Appearance:
Additional:
Class:
Avalanche
Definitely this.
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2012, 10:02:29 am »

Can't believe I missed Ultimuh's.

Going with that too  :D (kobold deforester)

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2012, 10:31:22 am »

Only problem is I dont know what a kobold exactly looks like. If anyone would provide a referance image, I will begin cooking up some art and turn 1 should be coming later today(unless I run into problems with drawing an environment).

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2012, 10:33:06 am »

Kobolds are like dog-goblins.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile