Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 134

Author Topic: Igynpadca  (Read 192527 times)

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
Re: Igynpadca
« Reply #165 on: March 14, 2012, 03:11:28 pm »

The Gnomes that live in clocks.

@Cthulhu: Yeah, but I'm not playing PVP.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 14, 2012, 03:12:20 pm »

Okay, trying a Clock Gnome Explodamancer. Bonus to clockwork-related skills + explodomancy = fun.
It's useless in PvP.
It's fine against most people in the Maze Arena; there's always too much noise to hear the little clockwork things coming, so people keep running into them when they turn corners.
I run into them ALL THE DAMN TIME when I'm in there >.<
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 14, 2012, 03:17:53 pm »

The Battleweaver can be multiclasse with the Devil Battlemage to get über movespeed and high ranged attacks. Also, you get to use light armor instea of the Weaver's none armor.

Yeah, but that also hampers the Battleweaver's Tarpcraft progression. And the Battleweaver doesn't really need armor that much, since it has one of the highest Dodge skills in the game and gains the ability to weave Reinforcement Threads into most Cloth armors at level 10.73, making them about equivalent to some mid-level light armors.

Oh, and speaking of Tarpcraft, I just got enough Helical Squid to gain a Quasi-Level, and now my Tarpcraft is high enough that I can make Beartarps.  :D

Also, I overheard in chat today people saying Potterycrafting is overpowered, but when I asked them why, they refused to tell me. Can anyone explain this to me?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 14, 2012, 03:23:26 pm »

Okay, trying a Clock Gnome Explodamancer. Bonus to clockwork-related skills + explodomancy = fun.
It's useless in PvP.
It's fine against most people in the Maze Arena; there's always too much noise to hear the little clockwork things coming, so people keep running into them when they turn corners.
You need better headphones.

Thanks for the help with the mailbox, all! Now, it's off to find some more pinecones to rebuild the Tarp Reactor!

...anyone need some spare duct tape? I have something like 90 rolls.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #169 on: March 14, 2012, 03:23:59 pm »

Ah, but battlemages gain high Deflection bonuses!

Potterycraft... Small pots are light, can hold anything, can be used for either Melee Touch or Range Touch, are cheap...

Fill with hellfire, smash, rinse and repeat.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 14, 2012, 03:32:04 pm »

It's useless in PvP.

Thanks for the help with the mailbox, all! Now, it's off to find some more pinecones to rebuild the Tarp Reactor!

As soon as you get out of the starting area, I can take that to weave you some Duct Tape Cloth Armor, which gives a bonus to your Wallclimbing skill that's pretty good at low levels.

EDIT: Oh, I just found out that my latest Quasi-Level gave a bonus to Tarps used to protect Crop-type allies, such as Wheat Elves, from Frost damage.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 03:35:34 pm by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 14, 2012, 03:35:57 pm »

It's useless in PvP.

As soon as you get out of the starting area, I can take that to weave you some Duct Tape Cloth Armor, which gives a bonus to your Wallclimbing skill that's pretty good at low levels.
I'll take you up on that if I ever find you. *sigh* I am such a n00b. I did manage to kill the Beach Lich without a respawn, though.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #172 on: March 14, 2012, 03:41:02 pm »

Holy shit guys, guess what I just found?!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Going to make me a Santa!

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 14, 2012, 03:45:29 pm »

I thought Santa was a race. Or is it a class? I forget.

Edit: Derp, should've waited for the image to load.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 03:49:56 pm by Vorthon »

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 14, 2012, 03:46:58 pm »

How'd you get the game to show an abridged stat block? I mean, there's so little information there, it's almost useless, but I'm just wondering how you did it.

EDIT: Hell, it doesn't even list the proficiencies need to pick it up, much less the ones needed to use it. It doesn't even list it's Damage Type Spectrum for Grull's sake!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 03:52:05 pm by Kadzar »
Glory to Arstotzka!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #175 on: March 14, 2012, 03:51:04 pm »

How'd you get the game to show an abridged stat block? I mean, there's so little information there, it's almost useless, but I'm just wondering how you did it.
If you hold ctrl-alt-f13 while left clicking the item as your character is dancing in a tavern it will toggle showing you the abridged tooltips. I heard it was an unintended dev feature they left in.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 14, 2012, 03:54:48 pm »

Use ctrl+zqplm
(hold control and hit z, q, p, l, and m simultaneously)
At least that's the default keyboard-only command, but I thought most people customize their keybindings? I set that one to ztrl+jkluio so that I can just mash the keyboard to do it  8)
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 14, 2012, 03:58:13 pm »

shoruke, I would give myself a hernia trying to type all that. Just keybind it to a ctrl-shift-alt-windows-tab-tilde and a number. Somebody showed me that when I was doing the walkthrough.

terkiey

• Bay Watcher
  • chicken what i need
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 14, 2012, 04:52:30 pm »

What do I do when Darth Vader decides to choke the kitten?
Quote from: Meistermoxx
Quote from: Knigel
Does anything bad happen if you accuse someone of being a night creature and they aren't?
Yes, they call you a rasict, and then they shot you and take your cocaine.
[(√[1]/∞)+3!+|Chicken|] / [100^(1/2)]

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #179 on: March 14, 2012, 04:53:10 pm »

Snipe him.

(Sniping, Solving All Problems Since Page Twotm)

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 134